Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I've got about 30-50 cd's I'd like to add to my collection. Used preferred, but I don't want to be raped on shipping. Any good sites?

Amazon. If you don't have a prime account, buy one.

Doesn't work. I don't want new. Most of the stuff I want can be had for $2-4 as none of it was recorded after 1980

Oh yeah I forgot used. Any luck on Ebay?

I got the job. 30% increase in pay, but I add 10 hours to my work week.

Congrats!

Can probably just "build" the one you have. Not sure what is in those though.

I don't either. Also don't know if I NEED to stick with the same transmission or if I could use one that is cheeper to buy, fully built, than just the upgrade parts for mine.

I think it is the E40d or something and when I search that specifically it's a kings ransom. I know for sure, whatever I do, I will want to get a radiator for cooling it. I think mine died from heat.

:(

E40D, 4R100, 4R70W possibly.

What year is your truck?

Can't imagine it'd be hard to shoehorn in a 6R80 though.

Scratch that, no standalone controller available. Have to get an 09+ engine, ecu and trans to make it work and then it'd still be hell.

Matt - you don't happen to have a tape player do you? My little water leak this spring wiped out my Sony ES. Have a few boots I need to rip.

Including some live recordings of me.

And the song I recorded with Bob Dylan's nephew. tongue.png

What year is your truck?

1997 5.4 4wd.

Matt - you don't happen to have a tape player do you? My little water leak this spring wiped out my Sony ES. Have a few boots I need to rip.

.....hmmmmm maybe one of those POS all in one CD/tape/radio players. I will look tonight.

Scratch that, no standalone controller available. Have to get an 09+ engine, ecu and trans to make it work and then it'd still be hell.

A local place makes a complete engine management system. I don't know if it includes auto trans functionality, but I have thought about just having all the comfort handled by the GEM and doing a 100% detached management system.

Not sure if it would solve the problem or not.... My buddy uses it for his jeep as it's a ton more usefull.

.....hmmmmm maybe one of those POS all in one CD/tape/radio players. I will look tonight.
I need an RCA out. Not a big deal, pretty sure there is a relic from Japan in my brothers closet now that I am thinking about it.

Also just reached out to Josh. He may already have it digitally captured. smile.png

The 4r100 would probably be overkill even, and maybe able to be hooked up without. Better MPG with the 6 I bet....

Also just reached out to Josh. He may already have it digitally captured. smile.png

Pretty cool man, pretty damn cool.

I wish I would have stuck with an instrument.

First chair in sax for all of elementary for state etc. Dropped it in middle school when they handed me a tarnished fucked up sax. No $$$ to get my own and I was a spoiled fucker by that point.

I don't know if there is an all in one TCM and ECM..... I bet there is....

Doh.gif I have a 54 bottle wine rack. Just pulled out the contents of the wine/luggage/burned cd's closet and have to find a place for another 350 bottles.

I am sick of climbing over everything to search for something

What year is your truck?

no E4OD. It's the 100 or 70. Both pretty good, easily built, and many vendors building them. Get on the Ford truck forums and see what people are using for a similar setup. I really wouldn't bother building it though unless you build the engine. then you have to beef everything else up, and IIRC you have 4WD, so add the transfer case too...

I don't know if there is an all in one TCM and ECM..... I bet there is....

There is and it's already in your truck. No need for stand-alone here.

I am sick of climbing over everything to search for something

And you want a smaller house?

Doh.gif I have a 54 bottle wine rack. Just pulled out the contents of the wine/luggage/burned cd's closet and have to find a place for another 350 bottles.

No you don't. I'll come over and drink your wine.

What year is your truck?

no E4OD. It's the 100 or 70. Both pretty good, easily built, and many vendors building them. Get on the Ford truck forums and see what people are using for a similar setup. I really wouldn't bother building it though unless you build the engine. then you have to beef everything else up, and IIRC you have 4WD, so add the transfer case too...

Been cruising the forums. And yes, I want to do the T case too.

Just been waiting for something major to break so I can explain to the wife why we are eating ramen.

"Baby, we took it apart and everything is fucked."

It also helps that she kind of thinks a transmission for big trucks can cost $5000. Not sure how or where she had that number, but who ever lied to her in the past makes it nice for me to pad the budget.

Forums are hard to read. Most guys just suggest some builder and that is that.

:-)