Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

My crazy father...

to this

Awesome !!!

Is that a kit?

Nope

I thought that's what you meant, but I kept seeing the different graphics on the sides and wasn't sure. That's insane, looks completely stock. trippy.gif

Yep, i fucked my window up.  Time to pay someone so I don't waste more time.  Fuck me.

Yep, i fucked my window up.  Time to pay someone so I don't waste more time.  Fuck me.

I tinted my truck first. Extra cab Nissan Hardbody. I used 2 fucking rolls and took about 6 hours to get the back sliding glass and 2 rear windows tinted. I did my Grand National as well. Limo all the way around. It took me days and several rolls. If I wasn't so persistent and stubborn I could have had the car done for about the same money as I spent on rolls of tint, and saved roughly 36 hours of my stubborn time.

I'd have been fine had I not bought the precut shit, but I thought it would be a time saver.  It was more of a pain to try and line it up versus putting it on a cutting as needed.  I just don't want to deal with it now.

Considering I can't even put new graphics on the dirt bike without getting bubbles I don't mind paying for tint. Luckily we have a "guy," so always knowing he's going to do a good job is a big plus.

Plus I'm too damn impatient.

It's one of those jobs that need experience.

Which reminds me I have to tint my car too.

Like wrapping vinyl or leather over panels. angry2.gif

Like wrapping vinyl or leather over panels. angry2.gif

Depends on the panel.

With tint every little imperfection will be spotted.

I have no interest in tinting anything myself. Sounds like hell.

I like the mildly reflective tint that came on my expedition from the factory. It doesn't look ghetto and has a greenish blue tint to it. It would be nice to be a bit darker, but a black truck it going to be boiling hot no matter what the window tint is.

If it's worth backing up big time, it's best backed up online or on an archive machine.

Mirrored drives fail parallel more frequently than a statistical analysis would direct to. So unless you mirror 3 + drives mirror RAIDs are are not as redundant as it looks at first blush.

It's a goofy thing.

I back up my dad's pc the same way I back up mine. He gets a copy of all my backups about every 6 mo and vice versa. It's offsite and double redundant.
That is smart. For some reason mirrors fail in unison more frequently than the statistical math would prove.

Maybe it is like old married people. They see their parter go down.... And they just give up too.

It's easy to know when to run the sync too. Everytime I download pictures, rip new music, do my taxes etc. Have the backup HDD on a relay that my alarm can fire so when not being used it is off and cannot be written to.

Sean has seen how I am shaped funny, but it was so much worse when I was thinner.

55-60 coat for my shoulders and 34-36 for my waist. That kind of triangle shape isn't made into coats. I wore a lot of 3-4 button one or two time wear cheepo suits. And the moment I did anything but stand still the coat came off.

FUck I am a 44/34 and that is even bad.

Aargh! Just fucking replaced the damn rollers and tensioner in the dryer, ran a load of laundry and left something in the fuckng sink so the whole shit pumped water all over the bathroom floor and down into my basement where I just finished sheet rocking!

I run mirror raid simply for the fact that i do not like down-time of my information, but at the same time, it is redundant.

I do not use add-on cards for raid though, simply what's onboard.

Been doing it for years this way and never had an issue.

Back in early 2000s, i tried using 4 different Promise Tech Raid controllers on a pair of Western Digital drives and it would never run right.

I believe i never got more than 24-48hrs of use out of the drives before it would go corrupt.  This was back in the IDE days.

That's when i gave up using Add-on cards.

Better compatibility using what's soldered onto the board already.

I've been Aaron for the last few weeks. Listening to electronic, dub music, and hammering on the keyboard from 8am to 1am. :lol:

I've been Aaron for the last few weeks. Listening to electronic, dub music, and hammering on the keyboard from 8am to 1am. laugh.png

Hey now. ;)

I've been Aaron for the last few weeks. Listening to electronic, dub music, and hammering on the keyboard from 8am to 1am. laugh.png

Hey now. wink.png

Which is synonymous for working hard. :)

Hey now. wink.png

Which is synonymous for working hard. smile.png

Well I am taking a break from emails to go to the gym, ON A SUNDAY!!! ;)

I run mirror raid simply for the fact that i do not like down-time of my information, but at the same time, it is redundant.

Back in early 2000s, i tried using 4 different Promise Tech Raid controllers on a pair of Western Digital drives and it would never run right.

I believe i never got more than 24-48hrs of use out of the drives before it would go corrupt. This was back in the IDE days.

No use for add on cards. Unless you were doing some kind of server function. My server blade is old as Fuck and didn't need a raid card either to serve. My last gaming PC had a built in CPU just for raid controlling. It was amazing.

Mirrors are fine. Just not redundant as numbers might let on. It matters way less in a home than in a business aspect. I use a backup machine because it is easier, cheeper and I can access my data from anywhere without working the BEAST.

Edited by dem beats

Hey now. wink.png

Well I am taking a break from emails to go to the gym, ON A SUNDAY!!! ;)

Hardcore extreme!

I believe i never got more than 24-48hrs of use out of the drives before it would go corrupt. This was back in the IDE days.

No use for add on cards. Unless you were doing some kind of server function. My server blade is old as Fuck and didn't need a raid card either to serve. My last gaming PC had a built in CPU just for raid controlling. It was amazing.

Mirrors are fine. Just not redundant as numbers might let on. It matters way less in a home than in a business aspect. I use a backup machine because it is easier, cheeper and I can access my data from anywhere without working the BEAST.

Yea, i just hate it when someone assumes that using mirror raid means that's the option the owner chose for redundancy.. 

We all know that's not true redundancy, just in the heart of the moment so to speak.

I gave up on discs long time ago.

Only redundancy discs i'd ever use(which i have used several) are 75year guarantee Gold Layered DVDs.

Verbatim and Mitsui i know make them.  I do not know who else.

They aren't too bad.

Last time i purchased some, it was a 50pack of 4.7gb for about $65.

But online hosting is where it's at.  

We all be doomed if a hosting site lost it's entire RAID systems!  Epic fail would have a whole new meaning.

Hey now. wink.png

Well I am taking a break from emails to go to the gym, ON A SUNDAY!!! wink.png

Good man. I've been burnt out lately and haven't worked out in almost a month. :(

.....slowest day in a loooooong time. Not making money and getting pics and texts from everyone I know having a blast in the sun is not helping me feel great.

Something in the weather is making my bones ache like hell too.

Thank god I have a massage appointment tonight.

Hey now. wink.png

I miss going to the gym on Sunday :( 

My schedule was Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. It killed any plans for going out Saturday, gotta be fresh on Sunday though .

Hey now. wink.png

Hardcore extreme!

Decent workout, ran out of juice a little early.  Summer league starts tomorrow night.