Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Started tinting my windows tonight.  Bought a precut kit for $22 shipped,  Big fucking mistake.  Started on the DS window and it's cut too short.  Tried my ass off to make it work, but I think I did nothing more than fuck up the adhesive.  Oh well.  I also now remember why I stopped tinting.

Bored and half drunk. Here is the replacement of my Ford. 2013 Dodge Laramie

3C938BB3-D786-4DE1-8EB8-9E0859993A1D-109

Nice ass truck but miss the Ford

whoa why the drastic change?

My crazy father...

img_0760_ff0e9_20641553.jpg

dfd_439e6_30745492.jpg

to this

dsc01765_3363e_30745483.jpg

dsc01768_dd416_30745484.jpg

Awesome !!!

Wednesday interview time at lowes. Considering their uniform for work seems to be t-shirt or polo and jeans with boots/sneakers, I am thinking button down or polo with nicer dark jeans and high polish boots. Bad move?

J

How about jeans, a dress shirt and dress shoes.

Yes, much better ;) 

Got new job at the biggest shop in our region biggrin.png!

Congrats!

Diesel?

Hey, Adi, got a minute? Get on skype or FB. ;)

My crazy father...

dfd_439e6_30745492.jpg

to this

Awesome !!!

Is that a kit?

My crazy father...

dfd_439e6_30745492.jpg

to this

Awesome !!!

Is that a kit?

Nope

CE_GS_EMC_Approval_Angle_Grinder.jpg

That is a hell of a lot of fab work and time! Looks neat, but I am a 4runner guy. Does that runner have the 3.4 in it?

The Jeep with extra power is a blast on muddy slopes. As soon as boost comes, the thing starts to pull. And on big hills on the road I'm typically 10 mph faster than before, what I could do with 60, I can now do with 70. But aerodynamics really tax the thing sad.png

MORE fuel, MORE boost ! laugh.png

One funny thing is I did a 0-80 run and dad stayed to look at smoke output. Flat road and the exhaust note was audible from half a mile away, I need to record it :lol:

I'm terrible when it comes to backing shit up. Completely fucked myself when I accidentally deleted all my music, and by the time I thought about trying to retrieve it I had already overwritten the hdd. Doh.gif

I use an external hdd and Allways Sync. Let's me work on the same files on multiple PC's and still have the most recent version backed up. Ultra easy.

If it's worth backing up big time, it's best backed up online or on an archive machine.

Mirrored drives fail parallel more frequently than a statistical analysis would direct to. So unless you mirror 3 + drives mirror RAIDs are are not as redundant as it looks at first blush.

It's a goofy thing.

I back up my dad's pc the same way I back up mine. He gets a copy of all my backups about every 6 mo and vice versa. It's offsite and double redundant.

Sport coat without a tie is a nice look as well. Actually my normal business garb.

It is formally casual. Or casually formal.... Anyway, it is a great thing if you honestly 100% feel a tie is not appropriate.
Unless you are going to wear a tie for the job having a jacket and a tie at the interview is more than necessary. Whatever you wear though should fit great, be pressed nice, and be tight looking.

Dropped?

If it's worth backing up big time, it's best backed up online or on an archive machine.

Mirrored drives fail parallel more frequently than a statistical analysis would direct to. So unless you mirror 3 + drives mirror RAIDs are are not as redundant as it looks at first blush.

It's a goofy thing.

I back up my dad's pc the same way I back up mine. He gets a copy of all my backups about every 6 mo and vice versa. It's offsite and double redundant.

That is smart. For some reason mirrors fail in unison more frequently than the statistical math would prove.

Maybe it is like old married people. They see their parter go down.... And they just give up too.

Sport coat without a tie is a nice look as well. Actually my normal business garb.

It is formally casual. Or casually formal.... Anyway, it is a great thing if you honestly 100% feel a tie is not appropriate.

Unless you are going to wear a tie for the job having a jacket and a tie at the interview is more than necessary. Whatever you wear though should fit great, be pressed nice, and be tight looking.

I agree. I skip the jacket usually as they NEVER fit.

Nothing fits me well, but coats are the worst. I still usually look better than whomever is interviewing me.

And if a chick is interviewing me.... I usually slaughter the interview so much I get an offer right there.

Only once did it not happen and it was me with a group interview with several women, and they basically said they they don't want a man on the team. I really wanted that job too. I couldn't cut my penis off for it though.

Sean has seen how I am shaped funny, but it was so much worse when I was thinner.

55-60 coat for my shoulders and 34-36 for my waist. That kind of triangle shape isn't made into coats. I wore a lot of 3-4 button one or two time wear cheepo suits. And the moment I did anything but stand still the coat came off.

Wednesday interview time at lowes. Considering their uniform for work seems to be t-shirt or polo and jeans with boots/sneakers, I am thinking button down or polo with nicer dark jeans and high polish boots. Bad move?

J

That's exactly what I would do, but my boots probably wouldn't be polished, just dark clean boots. At the end of the interview it might not be a bad idea to ask if you were hired when you would start. Good luck, got my fingers crossed!

Thanks man.

As for the polish, I always try to keep a good shine on my boots, so nless I buy new ones it's unavoidable. Plus their is a small nick on the learher that tends to blend better when shined versus dull.

J

when you were in the army did you have a pair of clean boots that you had to have shiny, and another pair that you used everyday?

Before the switch over to ACU's yes. Once we switched to the new uniforms before my first deployment I had three pairs. One highly shined for display/inspections. They are refered to as 'parade boots'. The other two were relatively highly shined and worn daily. Wear em all day, come home, shine em back up, and wear the other pair the next day. Uniforms SHARPLY pressed with a shit ton of startch.

J

J

How about jeans, a dress shirt and dress shoes.

Yes, much better ;) 

i was thinking the same. Unfortunately it seems as if my dress shoes are in transit with the stuff beng moved, so highly shined boots is what I have for the moment. I'm going to go look for another pair of dress shoes tomorrow.

J