Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Just bought some battery operated motion lights for it. SO STUPID I didn't do it earlier.

Just bought some battery operated motion lights for it. SO STUPID I didn't do it earlier.

Always the simple things we think of last.

I am sick of climbing over everything to search for something

And you want a smaller house?
Didn't say small house, just not 5000sq ft anymore.

3000 with more storage would be sweet.

Our house is huge, but our closet space is nearly non-existent.

We have 4 fucking living rooms. Only use 1. You could count 5 if you count the pool table room.

Workout room doesn't get used either.

The kitchen, garage, and master sure the fuck do though

Really just want one big fucking room. Kitchen, Dining, and Living all in one.

Ours are separate now

I was Fucking with you... But, damn if I don't forget your place is so big. It is a ninja for those square feet.

Ryan I was sure it was the E40D

Where can I find the tag indicating the tranny?

One of the guys here did that to their house, I love it.  Took out 3? walls, put in 4 MASSIVE skylights in the kitchen, huge table, built in corner diner style seating, outdoor grill area, nice big fireplace/hearth at the end of the kitchen table, center island, etc.  

If the dipstick says Mercon, it's the 100.  70 should use MerconV.   You should have the 100, the big beefy bitch.

Says mercon, but the trans designation on the door jamb says it's the E40, as the 100 didn't get put on the expeditions until 98.

:(

One of the guys here did that to their house, I love it. Took out 3? walls, put in 4 MASSIVE skylights in the kitchen, huge table, built in corner diner style seating, outdoor grill area, nice big fireplace/hearth at the end of the kitchen table, center island, etc.

Sounds nice!

Says mercon, but the trans designation on the door jamb says it's the E40, as the 100 didn't get put on the expeditions until 98.

sad.png

I've seen them in 97s.  The E40D will not bolt up to a modular.

Ok... So I am fairly certain my transmission will need to be fixed/rebuilt/replaced.

I think this is as good of a point as any to park the expy and just turn it into a toy. Build the engine, whole drivetrain, suspension etc.

I just have no Fucking clue about transmissions. Can any transmission hook up to the engine? Is it better to buy parts and have it rebuilt, and what brand..... I'm Fucking lost. Anyone have suggestions where I can learn about performance truck transmissions? Less towing, more offroady fun kind of transmissions...

No, not any trans will bolt up. As mentioned, the E4OD (not E40D) does not bolt up to the modular Fords.

Trans pans:

4R44E, 4R55E or 5R55E

bdc2ba264735336.jpg

4R70W

2f48b9264735456.jpg

E4OD

eb6118264735522.jpg

FWIW if your state has any emissions laws you will be hard pressed to just swap the transmission. The TCM is part of your ECM, and is called the PCM. The computer will see issues with a transmission that does not correspond with the factory info and will fly a code. In most states a trouble code with a light will fail emissions inspections. The trans can be geared, better clutches and steels can be added, bigger pumps can be installed, valve body modifications can be done, but the base unit is difficult to change.

I don't know if there is an all in one TCM and ECM..... I bet there is....

See above ;)

No emissions here.

Color me green. I hate emissions tests on my vehicles, and even more I hate doing inspections and making no fucking money for my time.

And I shouldn't say none. Commercial trucks over some ridiculous (from a passenger perspective) GVWR are subjected to them.

And I shouldn't say none. Commercial trucks over some ridiculous (from a passenger perspective) GVWR are subjected to them.

DOT regs.

I personally would have no use for 5k sqft home. My 3800 is too much. I want 2500sqft with 5 acres, a pool and 40x100 detach garage. Then I will be happy, lol

So fucking weird. The Ford info page, Wikipedia, and the ford truck forum all pointed to the E40D.

If the modular Ford 5.4 doesn't mate up, then how the Fuck did the 97 expy have an E40D trans.

If I get under the thing can I tell? It could be a sensor or something too, I believe it could be just that. I once had a similar problem when the dash shit on me.

If the PCM is gtting wet again I'm going to freak the Fuck out.

Edited by dem beats