Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

He was just looking for a free bed, 3 meals a day, and free cable TV.  No one is THAT stupid.

Does anyone know a site that people can upload songs and videos for sale, kinda like ITunes.  This dude at this elevator DJ's part time and has some pretty baddass video mixes.

Now I wait for Matt to try the 70-200 and then add one of those and I'm done with glass. Might grab an extender before then though

Be careful on that. The extender only works on certain lenses, so it isn't a 100% cure all. It will work on the 70-200 though and that is the key. That plus a 1.4 will be epic.

so slow around here on a Friday night.  Must be nice to have a day or two off.

I did go in on my day off.. but it was for professional courtesy and I didn't have to stay.

I've been at this same location since Saturday and it's killing me.  Im hoping this boat finishes tomorrow morning.  My days off are sat and sun.

I love not having to work the weekend or much overtime.  Time is too precious to me.

I love not having to work the weekend or much overtime.  Time is too precious to me.

you got that right FUCK overtime.  Already got over 800 hrs of it this year so far.  They can keep it.  I'm tired of giving Obama 38% of my time and a half.  pucking ridiculous that they penalize you for working more than your fair share.

. . . . And then give that money to lazy ass people with no job who don't contribute to shit.

That's why I haven't gotten married yet. The ole lady is deaf so legally handicapped. I'm gonna let her Medicaid take care of the baby. In gonna use the system for a change.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

Is it a Canon and how much did you pay?

canon $700

Now I wait for Matt to try the 70-200 and then add one of those and I'm done with glass. Might grab an extender before then though

Be careful on that. The extender only works on certain lenses, so it isn't a 100% cure all. It will work on the 70-200 though and that is the key. That plus a 1.4 will be epic.
I know :)

I am glad to have weekends off again. But I am working a lot of hours. The work is good (so glad to be back in an independent shop atmosphere, I get a nice mix of drivability/electrical, and heavy line work), the weekends off are great, and the pay is fucking amazing. I doubled my pay from my last shop without bonuses, and am making ~25% more then the dealership as a foreman/manager... and while I am the foreman here I am not forced into all the management and paperwork. I have had 2 messes to clean up, and another to look at Monday (sucks that a tech did ~$1200 worth of AC/Dash work and the blend doors are still not responding to HVAC inputs).

I do have to say, I am a bit overwhelmed with the Euro shit I get. I had an '06 BMW 530i with a little old lady complaining that she had no AC from the rear vents. She didn't know if it ever worked because she rarely had people sit in the back seat. It had ~20K miles on it. I yanked the center console out (what a PITA) and found a missing duct. I did some research and found a TSB where apparently BMW "forgot" to put this particular duct into several 3 and 5 series Beemers. Does BMW do anything about it? Nope. Does BMW have the part available? Nope. Germany has not released said intermediate duct to the US aftermarket. What can said customer do? Have the shop put the car back together (at her cost, of course), send it to BMW where they will take it apart (at her cost, of course) to determine if my diagnosis was correct, then wait for the part which is on an unspecified backorder (estimated time of delivery, about 45 days)... but only the dealer can get and install this little 8 inch piece of cheap plastic duct that costs almost $500...

Did I mention this is all at her cost?

They forgot to put the fucking thing in there!!!

Fuck BMW.

Jeez if you weren't incompetent you'd have fixed it. Don't see how that is bm'ers fault.

Jeez if you weren't incompetent you'd have fixed it. Don't see how that is bm'ers fault.

Sadly, I actually engineered a part for her. It was somewhat pitiful, but functional. We are $103 an hour, and the local dealer is ~$150 an hour. She would be about $350 into the tear down and re-install by me with no fix. By the time the dealer did their tear down and reinstall she would be into it another grand. She did a bunch of other work, so I decided to surprise her with some custom work by Sandt, and fabricated her a functional duct for free. She was thrilled when I showed her she had rear air, and surprised when I refused her tip. I just asked her to bring her car back to me for future service, that was enough tip for me.

I love not having to work the weekend or much overtime. Time is too precious to me.

I am glad to have weekends off again. But I am working a lot of hours. The work is good (so glad to be back in an independent shop atmosphere, I get a nice mix of drivability/electrical, and heavy line work), the weekends off are great, and the pay is pucking amazing. I doubled my pay from my last shop without bonuses, and am making ~25% more then the dealership as a foreman/manager... and while I am the foreman here I am not forced into all the management and paperwork. I have had 2 messes to clean up, and another to look at Monday (sucks that a tech did ~$1200 worth of AC/Dash work and the blend doors are still not responding to HVAC inputs).

I do have to say, I am a bit overwhelmed with the Euro shit I get. I had an '06 BMW 530i with a little old lady complaining that she had no AC from the rear vents. She didn't know if it ever worked because she rarely had people sit in the back seat. It had ~20K miles on it. I yanked the center console out (what a PITA) and found a missing duct. I did some research and found a TSB where apparently BMW "forgot" to put this particular duct into several 3 and 5 series Beemers. Does BMW do anything about it? Nope. Does BMW have the part available? Nope. Germany has not released said intermediate duct to the US aftermarket. What can said customer do? Have the shop put the car back together (at her cost, of course), send it to BMW where they will take it apart (at her cost, of course) to determine if my diagnosis was correct, then wait for the part which is on an unspecified backorder (estimated time of delivery, about 45 days)... but only the dealer can get and install this little 8 inch piece of cheap plastic duct that costs almost $500...

Did I mention this is all at her cost?

They forgot to put the pucking thing in there!!!

Fuck BMW.

I'd be paying you to go to Home Depot and install some vacuum cleaner home with some duct tape.

I have to agree with Sean on this one

duct tape and vacuum hose ftw!

home made blow jobbies

?

Sadly, I actually engineered a part for her. It was somewhat pitiful, but functional. We are $103 an hour, and the local dealer is ~$150 an hour. She would be about $350 into the tear down and re-install by me with no fix. By the time the dealer did their tear down and reinstall she would be into it another grand. She did a bunch of other work, so I decided to surprise her with some custom work by Sandt, and fabricated her a functional duct for free. She was thrilled when I showed her she had rear air, and surprised when I refused her tip. I just asked her to bring her car back to me for future service, that was enough tip for me.

You sir are a stud

home made blow jobbies

?

Think it would work???? :)

lol  you go first

lol  you go first

Lol maybe after a case of beer