Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I haven't checked the hop all morning. Been busy feeling sorry for myself, and now Sean has a car?!?

:-)

Perked me right up. Now we just need to get Ryan a car and then one for me.

It has been a struggle not shiting my pants all morning.

So far I'm batting 1.000

I do enjoy having a doughnut shop on the way to work...

The last time I searched in Minneapolis and suburbs we only had 2 donut shops. None on my way to work. I will say though that one of them is super good. The maple frosted bacon bismark is yummy.

We've got the one little hipster? donut shop here in the college bar district.  All sorts of odd ball tasty donuts and they are cooking when the bars close so you can go get fresh donuts while plastered.  

Umm, yeah. Bought a car.

That one with 87k miles?  

Hows it feel to own a GM product again?  

Umm, yeah. Bought a car.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat!?
Yep. Perfect slate for fun later

Umm, yeah. Bought a car.

That one with 87k miles?  

I only did it because Seth convinced me.

Actually no idea. Don't get the car probably until next week. Have to have the lease company write it up.

I still find it humorous that you are back in a GM product after all your problems with your Silverado.  

I do hope this one treats you better though.  

Me too. If FoMoCo wouldn't have jacked up the Navi the decision would have been easier. Or if the Germans didn't think their parts were gold, but alas neither happened so I now get to bitch about the general again.

From a work perspective it could be beneficial as well. GM was my largest customer this year. It will feel good to let them know I own one of their prodcuts and for some of the guys working there it will be fun to let them know I am modding the shit out of it.

Stereo is awful in it. Curious if the Esky/Yukon... have any "stealth" style boxes available. Have to be a poop ton used if there are and I am not interested in a box. Would go subless if there isn't. I hardly need the sub in the first place.

Wasn't ANY rust on the undercarriage and everything was tight. Another 6mo of powertrain warranty which gets me through the winter while I amass parts to turn it from boring to fun.

Wasn't ANY rust on the undercarriage and everything was tight. Another 6mo of powertrain warranty which gets me through the winter while I amass parts to turn it from boring to fun.

Wait, a GM from the north land that isn't rusted?

Its ok though, my Ford has enough rust for yours, and two other cars too.  

Stereo is awful in it. Curious if the Esky/Yukon... have any "stealth" style boxes available. Have to be a poop ton used if there are and I am not interested in a box. Would go subless if there isn't. I hardly need the sub in the first place.

Tired of your BS.

Get a pair of 18"s for fucks sake.

Congrats Sean, I know JL makes stealth boxes for them. I'm sure other companies do as well. Post some pics when you get a chance

Is the engine swap a for sure thing?

Umm, yeah. Bought a car.

That one with 87k miles?  

I'll not bear that responsibility, sir.

Which truck did you get?

Wait, a GM from the north land that isn't rusted?

I know huh? This one is undercoated.

The nut holding on the non-tensioner pulley is showing a wee bit of surface rust as is the bolt holding on damper. Think his wife followed people too close and it was salted. The front bumper cover looks to be sprayed, but just over the old as you can see some divots from paint chips but they are black. Not noticeable at all unless it is at face height.

Inspected it on a lift for a good half hour. Guys thought I was nuts.

Tired of your BS.

Get a pair of 8"s for fucks sake.

For the doors sure.

Congrats Sean, I know JL makes stealth boxes for them. I'm sure other companies do as well. Post some pics when you get a chance

I won't have it for a week or so. Pics will come. Looks like a black on black base Escalade atm. Only thing I wish the base had was the heated steering wheel, the rest just adds cost for repair later.

Is the engine swap a for sure thing?

I won't say swap is for sure since I may re-use the block, but majorly increasing the power will happen.

Umm, yeah. Bought a car.

That one with 87k miles?  

I'll not bear that responsibility, sir.

Which truck did you get?

Ha, you called me sir. tongue.png

2010 Cadillac Escalade with 84k. 1 owner in pristine condition.

Now who wants to go dig up all of Sean's posts bashing the Escalade.  :P

Congratulations on finding a car Sean. Good luck with the mods.

Umm, yeah. Bought a car.

That one with 87k miles?  

Ain't nothing wrong with a GM product, so long as you take off every. single. interior panel and glue some foam underneath them. Don't forget to blue loctite all of the interior threaded fasteners while you have the interior torn out, for good measure. Oh and get rid of that Dex-Cool nonsense. Then they're fine. Usually.

Edited by Penguin4x4