Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Mmmm, Sailor Jerry...would be nice to have some; still on Vicodin/Loritab/Norco though. Boo.

Significantly more tissue trauma and perceived pain with the cubital release than the carpal tunnel releases, I've noticed.

From September 9th to just now I have drank 2 liters of SJ!

I think I might be turning into a pirate! 

Been drinking something else?

Sorry wrong month November 9th. I keep thinking it is September for some reason.

I brought 4 liters back from that cruise and it is half gone. sad.png

I rarely shoot higher than iso 100. Really try hard not too

Lololololololololol

That's prescious.

Good rule of thumb though. Then you do a wedding built before Christ. Or a funeral or some such.

No flash, lucky if you can spot or use a light bar....

That is what a tripod is for.  Remember I don't usually shoot people.  I let ISIS do that.

That's where the problem lies. Most of my shooting is indoors, well lit but fast paced action. Professional wrestling moves very quickly, as do concerts. Both of which flash is extremely frowned upon. With the wrestling I am shooting guys from 20-40 feet away with ropes in the forground. This tends to 'trick' the camera into focusing on the ropes more than the wrestlers themselves. If I was shooting ringside, it would be much much easier. Better glass wouldn't hurt either.

Hopefully the new major and classes will help refine my abilities much more efficiently than I have been able to do on my own.

J

The jeep is alive and running!

:woot:

Sorry wrong month November 9th. I keep thinking it is September for some reason.

Makes way more sense.  Same time frame I think I've drank a couple liters of a local rhubarb gin

Glass is by far the most important in that realm

Makes way more sense. Same time frame I think I've drank a couple liters of a local rhubarb gin

Way more that I usually drink, but life has been a crazy chain of events since we returned and I have been wired.

I don't drink that often, but can suck it down when I do.  I am not little lol

Glass is by far the most important in that realm

Hence being on the hunt for better glass. The laptop is a want, but not a need for what I am doing. I have been fortunate enough to have some higher profile companies and people in the wrestling and music world give me feedback in the past. I am learning and growing each session I shoot. I will say wrestling is more challenging than music to photograph. Except when they red wash the stage. That is a killer for great photographs.

J

The best glass in the biz is Canon unless you count the hyper $$$$$ non auto glass.

It's just the current reality.

If you are doing pro shoots you need the 70-200isii or better to be in the bleeding edge.

I think you are Nikon J, so get 2.8 or faster in a 2x-70, a 7-200 and something else if you want.

Get a 50mm prime at 1.4 or better. That would be ideal gear for crop concert pics.

The sigma ultra wide 1.8 zoom is actually what I would want the most. It's amazeballs.

The best glass in the biz is Canon unless you count the hyper $$$$$ non auto glass.

It's just the current reality.

If you are doing pro shoots you need the 70-200isii or better to be in the bleeding edge.

I think you are Nikon J, so get 2.8 or faster in a 2x-70, a 7-200 and something else if you want.

Get a 50mm prime at 1.4 or better. That would be ideal gear for crop concert pics.

The sigma ultra wide 1.8 zoom is actually what I would want the most. It's amazeballs.

I am a Nikon guy. Talking to numerous other photographers (some of whome are Canon fans) they all love the D750 I picked up. Not a bad thing to say. The glass suggestions you have made are exactly what my targets are. The Sigma ultra is one I have looked at before, and they make some great glass. Oddly enough Tamron also makes some great glass for Nikon in the full frame area from what I read. One solid issue here is unless I want to spend 2hrs round trip I am lacking a good camera shop near by. All we have is a few service centers that also tend to cater to Canon, Lika, and 35mm. Granted the lastbtime I REALLY looked was over a year ago.

J