Sign in to follow this  
PapaGeno21

Power Bastards 220?

I have an 05 Outback. Looking at a bunch of options. Best option seems to be Excessive Amperage who can do a 200A for 385. Anything over 200 supposedly will slip due to horrible belt wrap, and I only have a 5 rib belt. Mechman, Singer, Ohio Gen, and DC power are more cash for less ALT than the EA. So its either EA or possibly this?

Stumbled across this.

http://powerbastards.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Fitzall-220

Anyone heard or used one? Seems to fit WAY more than just my car. Which worry's me as far as how "drop in" it really is.

Tenneys is the cheapest quote I've gotten, I know all vehicles are different though.

I have a singer and absolutely love it! Also remember that they come with a lifetime waranty from singer which sure is nice (if u evem ever need it) also his customer service is awesome. Had a couple questions when installing and he emailled me back in less than an hour everytime

The "universal fit" worries me too. If you read the fine print, it says "vehicle modification may be necessary". If that is true, and I'm sure it will be, it isn't going to be the cheapest, and BS claims like that make me walk away.

Yeah I think I will just go EA as it is direct bolt in, and puts 140 out at idle.

Tenny was 325, but he only can do a 180.

have used the fitzall 220 , works good for me

had to make a custom bracket for my application anyway so i went them because of the shape , the 5 "universal" bolt holes & a black friday sale they had on it back in 2011

havent used a buch of different companies' alts so i cant say go with PB over the others

So do you think it does a true 220? And did it come with a 6 rib pulley? My car uses a 5, so I would be a little concerned with belt alignment.

why don't you look into Power Master alternators. well known company and they are cheap. hell i've had one in one of my vehicles for 3yrs now and it works great. if your just looking for something in that 200A range thats where i would look.

im sure they have a bunch of different pulley types since most companies do

never really clampedmeasured it

my system was close to 15000wrms with 10 abtts , i needed more batts & a bigger alt but for a 220 it seem to hold up pretty good

recently i was emailing a few companies telling them what i had (220 pb) & that i need a bigger alt , they all threw me a sales pitch oh their alts uses bigger better stronger parts blah blah etc , i really dont know if thats true or not

if power master is the same company from a few yrs ago back then their alts didnt do full advertised power until rpm was really high like 5-6k so IIRC their 200A back then was really doing like 130A around 1800-2000 rpm , it said so on a lable attached to their alts

Edited by SPL_Man

You want something that does well at idle. Some of the companies out here won't do anything until 2k rpm. My Mechman is a beast.

Out of all the ones I looked at the EA does the most at idle. Will do 140 at idle and 200 at like 1500.

The power bastards 220 does 110 at idle. Actually, the only ones doing anything over 110 at idle are Singer and EA. Dc power have a few for my car but they have been known to take months to get things sent out and I have no patience. And if they did ship tomorrow their prices are outrageous anyways.

Tenny was the cheapest at 325 for a 180 amp, but 110 at idle. I guess EA seems to be the best deal.

I have a power bastard 220 in my 02 jeep and have never had a issue beside is likes to charge my batts to 15.2vlts

I'm not sure if you got a quote or not from singer alts but it was much cheaper than others. I know others recommended it. I've used one and it's great!

I also went with Excessive Amperage when looking for power. Should be shipping mine Monday after since hearing back from Nate. Hit them up, reviews seem favorable but they all have good and bad reviews.</P>

Edited by R3dt34rz