tc300

Xcon v1 / v2

Looking into getting an ssa woofer.. Found a v1 xcon for good price, would like to now the differences between the v1 and v2 xcons....

Any body have the t/s from the v1 woofers ???

There is a v.2?

Small upgrades, nothing to change t/s specs really. I believe it's mostly in the cooling aspect.

Small upgrades, nothing to change t/s specs really. I believe it's mostly in the cooling aspect.

Ok that's what I wanted to hear.... THANKX

Been using a Q for a few years, time to update a lil. Lol

Love the flat cone look of the xcons...

i think it may be the spiders aswell. not 100% wait for mark or Aaron to confirm

Yeah the V2s have different cooling, and they recently switched to nomex spiders. When I was looking at mine Aaron said that I wouldn't have any issues running a V1 and a V2 in the same enclosure, so they are that similar.

Yeah the V2s have different cooling, and they recently switched to nomex spiders. When I was looking at mine Aaron said that I wouldn't have any issues running a V1 and a V2 in the same enclosure, so they are that similar.

That's exactly what I was wondering also. Thanks.

The original has a vented pole, the new model has a solid, axial CNC machined pole. :)

The original has a vented pole, the new model has a solid, axial CNC machined pole. :)/>

What advantage or disadvantage would the OP have if he used both together, if any?

The original has a vented pole, the new model has a solid, axial CNC machined pole. :)/>

So how much room should I leave behind the motor?? Mite be an issue with my install box requirements....

It needs to be at least the pole vent diameter.

The original has a vented pole, the new model has a solid, axial CNC machined pole. :)/>/>

What advantage or disadvantage would the OP have if he used both together, if any?

One is a tiny bit more efficient, the other can take a little more thermal. The difference is inaudible and might only be noticeable in extreme levels.

Would it be possible to do a v2 re cone on a v1?

The soft parts should fit fine, but you wouldn't be physically changing the motor to a v2. 

The soft parts should fit fine, but you wouldn't be physically changing the motor to a v2. 

do you mean can put all the parts that come with the recone in, but the sub still remains a v1? 

do you mean can put all the parts that come with the recone in, but the sub still remains a v1?

Yes.

Yes it is a V1 motor. The recone is only the coil and soft parts which are very similar to the v1 anyway.

Yes it is a V1 motor. The recone is only the coil and soft parts which are very similar to the v1 anyway.

sorry for thread jacking u guys. but quick question. what parts come in a recone?

Edited by 1two3

sorry for thread jacking u guys. but quick question. what parts come in a recone?

All the soft parts and the VC : I've always saw the recone kits in just one piece.

Use google / pictures or take a look at the store pics, maybe.

All the soft parts and the VC : I've always saw the recone kits in just one piece.

Use google / pictures or take a look at the store pics, maybe.

Even better idea, thanks