Sign in to follow this  
spare69

2 amps for 2 subs?

Ive got 2 FI BL 12's fully loaded, a 275 amp alt, and 2 yellow tops. My question is.......would it be better (louder) to run 2 amplifiers linked to the subs? OR would it work better to have an amp per sub? And if i did amp per sub....how would i tune them together without buying anything.

Im asking this because ive been looking at this Hifonics BRZ2400 and it looks like a wiener

I dont think it will matter, you wont hear a difference. Strapping amps is alot easier as the main amp controls both.

I would just do them strapped. Its what I'm doing with my amps. So you want two brz2400s?

I would just do them strapped. Its what I'm doing with my amps. So you want two brz2400s?

yea i was thinking 2 BRZ2400 or maybe just 1700's

The brz is known to be very power hungry

your might need another 1-2 optimas for 2 brz2400

imo for the price of two brz2400 i would just get a hifonics colossus

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32990_Hifonics-Colossus.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&gclid=CKbhl_HUnbUCFfRbPAodzwMAGQ

This way you dont have to worry about gain matching amps

http://www.sonicelec...CFfRbPAodzwMAGQ

Yea i was thinking about that, but if you consider that wiring 2 subs at 1 ohm for 1 amp, compared to running 2 amps and having both of them wired at 0.5 ohms, i could get louder. I agree with yuo though about the power hunger. I was thinking about getting some kinetiks for that idk

http://www.sonicelec...CFfRbPAodzwMAGQ

Yea i was thinking about that, but if you consider that wiring 2 subs at 1 ohm for 1 amp, compared to running 2 amps and having both of them wired at 0.5 ohms, i could get louder. I agree with yuo though about the power hunger. I was thinking about getting some kinetiks for that idk

You most likely wouldn't have an audible difference between .5 ohm and 1 ohm. I am assuming you have D1 coils which 2 subs can only be wired up to 1 ohm together. I don't think they recommend anything below 2 ohms with the amplifiers strapped.

I personally wouldn't strap Hifonics amps on Optima batteries, but that's just me. Unless you have like 20 of em of course!

Get a Crescendo BC3500D and run it down to 0.5 ohm if you want. It will do 0.5 with good electrical. You should be able to find them fairly cheap used. Audioque would be another good option.

Holy crap, I just saw you are from Florence SC Op. I grew up out there and Hartsville. Good stuff bro. Good thing you aren't shopping at Nortons. HA.

Edited by R3dt34rz

Get a Crescendo BC3500D and run it down to 0.5 ohm if you want. It will do 0.5 with good electrical. You should be able to find them fairly cheap used. Audioque would be another good option. Holy crap, I just saw you are from Florence SC Op. I grew up out there and Hartsville. Good stuff bro. Good thing you aren't shopping at Nortons. HA.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NORTONS IS HELLA GAY AND THEY HAE NO IDEA HOW TO DO CAR AUDIO. I actually talked with an installer there at my gym, and he was trying to tell me some major bull about amperage and crap....

do not i repeat do not run hifonics at .5ohm lulz

I had my hifonics 2500d running at 0.5 ohms on a stock electrical besides the yellowtops and it ran awesome. didnt overheat and gave clear sound...

I had my hifonics 2500d running at 0.5 ohms on a stock electrical besides the yellowtops and it ran awesome. didnt overheat and gave clear sound...

True story daily also i was amazed....i use to run my crescendo at .5ohm's it doesnt heat up at all..neither did the hifi though.

i was very impressed

whats your budget?

whats your budget?

500 In the end MAX prefer'd to get the BRZ's so i could ust get 1 of them now and another later ya kno? :D

sounds like the perfect budget for a colossus as i mentioned before

they are 2 channels btw

both the subs are dual 1ohm...so either one big amp at 1ohm. Or two separate amps at .5ohm. Now remeber spare69 listens to rock his goal is to get a good bit of punch out of the bl's so he's trying to get the most power possible for his listening goals which is LOUD HARD ROCK!

Edited by Dictator

he's going for over kill he wants plenty of power