Canucknoob

Wifes Turn lol. 12' Gcon or Fi X

Now that my system has begun we are looking to build hers. Just on saturday she decided she wanted to start a system for her Kia Soul. This was decided when she bought an Alpine MRX-M55 amp

because it was on sale at one of local shops.$230 canadian.  I was surprised but happy. She bought it then asked if it was a good deal and a good amp. Guy at store recommended it to her. I figure

good amp for that price. Anyways lol.

Looking at Fi X12 or Gcon 12 to pair with this amp.

She loves metal, Club and yes Bieber LOL so pretty much all types of the bass range. I'm thinking Gcon but she says why not the one you got which was Fi.

Any input or other recommendations appreciated. Room is not a real factor for box as we have no kids or anything and seats lie flat all the time. Its kind of an SUV with lots of room surprisingly. Boxy.

I got the Fi Q12 and isnt here let alone installed yet. Figured the X12 or Gcon are very different from the Q so asking the pros here. Thnx  

Thinking sealed enclosure also.

Just a thought - The SA-8V.2 is a very nice price. Would she get good "SQL" from that in a good well designed ported enclosure? thinking its an 8 she should get good

punchie bass from her rock/metal and loud enough for her thug rap lol. Anyone know about this woofer and performance? Nothing but great reviews but they seem to mostly consist of "look how loud my 8 is" type reviews. 

Amp birth sheet says 588 watts at 2ohm btw.

Edited by Canucknoob

I have used the gcon 12 and loved it. Fi also builds great subs but I have only used their ssd 15 x 2 and loved  their performance. 148.9 db on a aq2200.

A lot great options any of the drivers you stayed would be really happy with. But I would do a single 15 instead of a 12 :)

546098_10150632096559856_170860939855_90!!!!!!!!!

fing34.gif

A 12 footer is HUGE!

The Gcon bang for the buck is pretty hard to beat. Ultra optimized for it's positioning IMO.

It's nothing but a g thang

More and more impressed with my gcon every day. 12" on 500 watts in 2.5' 33hz enclosure and it can blurr my vision. Never thought that output could be had at that price point on so little power...SSA!...enough said ;-)

More and more impressed with my gcon every day. 12" on 500 watts in 2.5' 33hz enclosure and it can blurr my vision. Never thought that output could be had at that price point on so little power...SSA!...enough said ;-)

I did 139.4 db on a gcon 12 in a jeep liberty.With a AQ750 750wrms @ 1ohm.

That's nuts on that amount of power pmureika. id believe it in a second since i have installed my xcons. I can't say enough how impressive ssa equipment is!

ummmm very impressive but she don't want no 140+DB's lol I don't think. Looking more for "SQL" leaning on SQ part of that. TBH I'm looking at the Fi X or now ID IDQ v3 12. Only reason I don't

pull the trigger on the Gcon is the 21+ business day just to build. She wants it sooner and honestly I would go nuts just waiting that long for something I paid for. I may pull the trigger If she 

isn't happy later on and atleast have a woofer in the car while we wait. Fi X 12 is in the lead atm just because on price. Think $275 shipped atm. I have to pay shipping cause I live in Canada. May choose ID IDQ 12 for $100 more (shipping and duty included on sonix) just because of reviews. Can't find really all that much on the new Fi X12 but lots of good reviews on sound quality and loudnes from the ID IDQ v3 12. 

May pull the trigger tomorrow on one of those after my afternoon shift.  Must be nice having free shipping in the lower 48 and no duty fees.

Edited by Canucknoob

The FIRST comment anyone has ever made about my setup when I demo it for them is, " It's so clear!" I love it! I have also heard, " It's so clean :) " lol nobody cares how loud 1 12" can get, the only feedback I get is how great the SQ is...

This is a perfect opportunity for you to go bigger if you wanted. You could put her on the Q and upgrade. If you are happy, Gcon or Icon could be fun.

Who do you think builds SSA subwoofers? Fi does :) So you are going to be waiting the same amount for an X or a gcon. That being said they are both an upgrade over the IDQ and for less money.

ummmm very impressive but she don't want no 140+DB's lol I don't think. Looking more for "SQL" leaning on SQ part of that. TBH I'm looking at the Fi X or now ID IDQ v3 12. Only reason I don't

pull the trigger on the Gcon is the 21+ business day just to build. She wants it sooner and honestly I would go nuts just waiting that long for something I paid for. I may pull the trigger If she 

isn't happy later on and atleast have a woofer in the car while we wait. Fi X 12 is in the lead atm just because on price. Think $275 shipped atm. I have to pay shipping cause I live in Canada. May choose ID IDQ 12 for $100 more (shipping and duty included on sonix) just because of reviews. Can't find really all that much on the new Fi X12 but lots of good reviews on sound quality and loudnes from the ID IDQ v3 12. 

May pull the trigger tomorrow on one of those after my afternoon shift.  Must be nice having free shipping in the lower 48 and no duty fees.

your gonna pay alot for a pre built sub that matches up to the fi or ssa

like $450 ea