Sign in to follow this  
PHATBOi

My New Baby!!

Picked this up today from Steve at AmpMedics. Traded the previous owner my Skar Sk85.4 and paid Steve the $220 repair bill. Had a full ovehaul. Changed fets, drive board, and power supply! Having Robin at BHE build me a set of double stack Fi Q motors into 12's with PSI Soft parts next month to run on this bad boy. Can' wait!

CAM00461_zps93410b3a.jpg

CAM00462_zps7bb418a9.jpg

CAM00463_zpsd1e2dff6.jpg

CAM00464_zpsf46727ed.jpg

CAM00465_zpsd44f7a17.jpg

And my Q motors. (Yes I know one has cooling option and one don't. Both NDMstang65 and David from PSI have given the OK to run them as a pair.)

0309132146a_zpsaa090983.jpeg

0309132143_zps0cd64095.jpeg

Edited by PHATBOi

congrats!

Thank you. Think this is the most excited I've ever been about a build! adhd.gif

Will be picking up a Zed made US Acoustics USX2080 soon that will eventually be pulling tweeter duty, but will run my whole front stage for now as I gave up my 4 channel in partial trade for the GP3K. Would love to find either a matching USX or GP 4 channel for my mids.

thats a great amp you have it will last for ever :) its defiantly a keeper.

Thank you gentlement! It will definitely be a keeper! Had a Crescendo 3KWP last year I lost to the pawn shop during some rough times. This amp has replaced that one and healed the wound, lol. I won't be letting it go anytime soon.

Figured the ohm load out, 2.66 per channel.

looking good!!! get that amp from ebay? just curi

New USX2080:
CAM00554_zps34f717e1.jpg
CAM00558_zps230cc9e3.jpg
CAM00557_zpsa0caf8a3.jpg

CAM00565_zps2c34b275.jpg

ous

looking good!!! get that amp from ebay? just curi

New USX2080:

CAM00554_zps34f717e1.jpg

CAM00558_zps230cc9e3.jpg

CAM00557_zpsa0caf8a3.jpg

CAM00565_zps2c34b275.jpg

ous

Yes. First one arrived with a loose cap. Resoldered it and it still didn't work. Ebay seller sent a new one out with an RMA for the old. New one works great. Great seller..

Well, as usuall, pending bills have dictated that my budget be cut on this build. New euqipment list will include:

Current:
Kenwood KDC-X696
1- Audiopipe APMB6DC Mid per door
1- DB Drive P5TW 8D Tweet per door
US Acoustics USX2080 on tweets @ 2 x 4 ohms (~80 rms x 2)
Crunch GP3000D-PRO @ .66 ohms daily (~3K rms) with dual inputs
55ah Powerware batt

Soon:
Audiopipe AQX360.4 @ 2 x 8 ohms (~180 rms x 2)
3 VVME RD-10's
4.35^3 @ 31Hz (same box rebaffled for 3 10's)
3 more 55ah Powerwares
25 more feet Bullz 1/0
PAC LC-1

Traded the 2 Q motors for the 3 BNIB VVME RD-10's. Just not gonna have the cash to order the recones, baskets, pay to have them built, and get all the other stuff I need. So, I traded off for a drop in ready replacement. Just have to rebaffle my box which won't be hard as I still have left over wood from the original build.

Wow shit, I would have bought the motors for more than those 10's are worth. Bad trade in my opinion, but if you're happy who am I to judge.

:facepalm:

When I saw the topic I thought you meant a child... I was proven wrong. Motor still looks good though

Gotta love SSA, lol. No love for the budget equipment. If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg it can't possibly be any good.

Here is a vid from the last Crescendo show with three of those "shitty subs" on the same amp I have:

3 500 rms "shitty subs" takin a Crunch GP3000D-PRO at .66 all day. I'm very happy with the trade.

nice Phatty!!!! I like it

PAC LC-1:
CAM00017_zps517767df.jpg

Clean Slate:
CAM00022_zpsd1361e70.jpg

US Acoustics USX2080 randomly let out the magic smoke while I was working on the box. Car off, stereo playing reasonably low, just a pop then smoke. Fuse was fine. Bro-in-law brings this out and says I can have for $20 if ir works. Old school Japanese SQ FTMFW!:
CAM00024_zps33bef7fd.jpg

It's playing.

CAM00029_zpsf9ed0a37.jpg

CAM00026_zpse538613b.jpg

CAM00027_zpse7b35f86.jpg

CAM00028_zpse8da569b.jpg

CAM00031_zps7f970417.jpg

Only have 2 of the batts wired up till I get my 25ft of 1/0 and bag of terminals in. Not seein below 12.5 full tilt with just the 2.

Sounds damn good and digs LOW. I can't bottom them out on Slow Death In A Hurse (Slowed) at full tilt. Can't wait till they break in!!

Oh, and I only have the amps 2 inputs hooked up (barely had the 1/0 to reach them) till I get the wire in and can run the dual inputs.

Gotta love SSA, lol. No love for the budget equipment. If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg it can't possibly be any good.

Here is a vid from the last Crescendo show with three of those "shitty subs" on the same amp I have:

3 500 rms "shitty subs" takin a Crunch GP3000D-PRO at .66 all day. I'm very happy with the trade.

It is not about costing alot or being "any good", it's about trading Fi for vvme  shrug.gif

When I saw the topic I thought you meant a child... I was proven wrong. Motor still looks good though

I was afraid of clicking because I thought it might be baby pictures

Where's the baby at?

Silver one on the left.

CAM00026_zpse538613b.jpg