SacredTanakh

Sacred's upcoming Bronco Build

Very nice start!

Thanks smile.png

So I got the alternator in, but I didn't have time to move the HC1200 and rewire the amps. Also got the wrong size shrink tubing, so I will have to pick some up tomorrow to make the wires look a bit nicer. The 1/0 gauge terminals were a little tricky, very tight fit so my cuts were all over the place on the pvc outer coating... The wires look like they are run kinda messy but that will change tomorrow when I move the second battery.

After doing it I took it for a drive and not only is my bass a lot clearer but all my interior, exterior lights are brighter. Charges at 14.4v-14.8v, goes up and down a little bit. I haven't had a chance to check voltage at amps or while under load or anything, but tomorrow I shall.

A look at the wire

A641019A-203F-479B-891F-669CDB43400A-486

Old tiny wires from my alternator

7A3B66E4-0482-44B6-8D37-5E22C83EC22A-486

Old alternator

18A1BC17-EA34-4B5C-96CA-4BF2F7900742-486

Sexy big block shot wink.png

7DB91AB5-9AB6-40E7-A5B4-E97169E203CC-486

The wiring

40F54DEA-0F3C-4BDF-983A-D88BBB3605C7-486

Grounds

9548D993-32AA-4108-951E-FB22E47E574E-486

Alternator wired up

2F513345-3DA8-41C2-A4AF-52107F105887-486

Overall look

2DE9EE39-B663-40A8-92EC-EA4E92015358-486

Edited by SacredTanakh

How is that secured??? the wire looks like it could fall out..... solder?

Very nice start!

Thanks smile.png

So I got the alternator in, but I didn't have time to move the HC1200 and rewire the amps. Also got the wrong size shrink tubing, so I will have to pick some up tomorrow to make the wires look a bit nicer. The 1/0 gauge terminals were a little tricky, very tight fit so my cuts were all over the place on the pvc outer coating... The wires look like they are run kinda messy but that will change tomorrow when I move the second battery.

After doing it I took it for a drive and not only is my bass a lot clearer but all my interior, exterior lights are brighter. Charges at 14.4v-14.8v, goes up and down a little bit. I haven't had a chance to check voltage at amps or while under load or anything, but tomorrow I shall.

Grounds

9548D993-32AA-4108-951E-FB22E47E574E-486

The FT1 supertweets. Hooked them up for two minutes, and Jesus these things are the harshest, most painful tweeter I've ever heard!

ROFL, no shit eh?

Nah this wire has a really stretchy outer coating and the way I bent the wire made the outside pull back. The wire is solid in the there, I pulled on all of them as I hard as I could and they didn't come out. It just doesn't look very nice, so shrink tubing will fix that. Oh and yes it's soldered, and the ground dual input is actually slightly crimped too cause the were designed for that, not solder.

Edited by SacredTanakh

The FT1 supertweets. Hooked them up for two minutes, and Jesus these things are the harshest, most painful tweeter I've ever heard!

ROFL, no shit eh?

I thought we had already been over that.

ROFL, no shit eh?

I thought we had already been over that.

Haha yes we have.

Got the battery moved to the center console.

D5846131-0A00-4CAD-A29E-C9969154D579-122

B19B5136-3EFF-4C97-A613-CBE0DF83D3BD-122

All wired up to the relay

B1F6A5D5-3F0F-481D-BA01-E81E3E68B2DF-122

Cleaned up the look of the wires with some shrink tubing

AFDC100E-F8FC-451A-B4AF-125A7730E299-122

Fuse going to the 2nd battery

680FC292-C1A6-488F-8BB1-D61992167535-122

Temporary zip ties to hold the wire in place (I already have clamps)

263D0BCB-E1D8-483D-BDBB-829B74418627-122

2AF0ACD0-DD70-40E7-A1B9-D36DCE07BA97-122

Ground going out of center console to the seat bolt

DD76AEAB-5792-43A7-A54A-38A756045F57-122

Power for the soundstream going out

2C817CB1-58AF-40E9-99D4-EFCB0FAA6401-122

I'm trying to retune the amps and head unit, the higher voltage cleaned up the bass, but at the same time something sounds a little funky. Maybe I'm just used to how it was before I'm not sure. I'm getting a tiny bit of a hum sometimes, so I'm gonna recheck the grounds.

This is kinda progress for the new build because its laying the foundation for my electrical. Going to add another run 0/1 gauge, and some more batts.

I don't really care about the current center console because I'm going to make a new one out of MDF, which is probably where one of the amps will go.

Question, why center console??? And why battery isolators?

One of relays/isolators comes stock, and its to trigger the starter I believe.

The other one is so the Kinetik and diehard are not always connected, They are too different for me to feel comfortable having them together at all times.

The center console because I wanted it hidden but to be closer to the amp, because I was losing 2volts from the front to the amp.

I plan on putting a pair of Diehard platinums in the front, which they will always be connected to eachother. Then 2 Kinetiks which will be run together by the amps.

So this temporary change will set up for that basically.

Forgot these pictures

65E983A7-0570-4FD2-B435-3295165904A8-138

AF71AB54-06B0-4F88-95CB-8E02F529AF30-138

684CAAE2-08AE-49D8-A165-945C95BBC757-138

YES FINALLY ANOTHER BRONCO BUILD THAT I CAN LIVE ON THROUGH SINCE MINES IS SLOWLY GOING BACKWARDS!!

Center console is kind of weird idea. No room for expansion when ever you go bigger. Also look into a 50' roll of ofc sky high car audio 2/0. For when you rewire in the future. Huge azz wire & you can get 3-4 full runs front to back out that 1 roll in a bronco, with enough to make grounds. Go big or go home. lol

Tuned in for this wall build... More pics!

This thread is from June last year and I think he stopped to do another build in another vehicle. A wall in a 300.

YES FINALLY ANOTHER BRONCO BUILD THAT I CAN LIVE ON THROUGH SINCE MINES IS SLOWLY GOING BACKWARDS!!

Center console is kind of weird idea. No room for expansion when ever you go bigger. Also look into a 50' roll of ofc sky high car audio 2/0. For when you rewire in the future. Huge azz wire & you can get 3-4 full runs front to back out that 1 roll in a bronco, with enough to make grounds. Go big or go home. lol

Tuned in for this wall build... More pics!

This thread is from June last year and I think he stopped to do another build in another vehicle. A wall in a 300.

Everything was taken out after it was in an accident for the insurance inspection. But that has stalled for quite some time because the other person lied about what happened, and is now suing me for his "medical bills". Which he told everyone afterward including his family and a cop that he was completely fine. It was completely his fault and I'm getting screwed over on the whole thing. Going to sue him to pay for the damage to my truck though.

The plans when it does become a project again is to do all the bodywork, rebuild the rear end, then strip the interior and start on a system. Probably going to do Incriminator, as I have wanted to use their equipment for a long time. Who knows when that will be though as I am finishing up the build in the 300 currently.

Edited by SacredTanakh

Old post Boooooooo!!!

DAFUQ was it doing on my new content list?

Oh ok...

Rear ended? If so it's Automatically his fault any judge that know the would know that. If you was reported fine at the scene of the accident you can't go & change it later

I really want to get this thing up and going again. But I guess the 300 is loud enough for now.

Oh ok...

Rear ended? If so it's Automatically his fault any judge that know the would know that. If you was reported fine at the scene of the accident you can't go & change it later

No it was during the first real snow of the winter. He was in a ditch on the highway, and I was going about 30 because of the road conditions. Right when I was coming up to where he was in the ditch he gunned it out of the ditch and pulled out in front of me. We hit corner to corner.

Also there was no official report or anything because the cops stopped doing that for accidents that no one was hurt and the vehicles are still drivable.

Both his xterra and the bronco were likely totaled though.

I really want to get this thing up and going again. But I guess the 300 is loud enough for now.

Yeah once I run into some more money we can work on it. The 300 will only get louder too since its only on half power and I haven't sealed around the box all the way yet.

Yeah once I run into some more money we can work on it. The 300 will only get louder too since its only on half power and I haven't sealed around the box all the way yet.

is there a build log to this 300

Yes it is in the build log section.

The other one is so the Kinetik and diehard are not always connected, They are too different for me to feel comfortable having them together at all times.

The center console because I wanted it hidden but to be closer to the amp, because I was losing 2volts from the front to the amp.

I plan on putting a pair of Diehard platinums in the front, which they will always be connected to eachother. Then 2 Kinetiks which will be run together by the amps.

They are both AGM batteries so there will be no ill effect of having them connected.

They are both AGM batteries so there will be no ill effect of having them connected.

Actually when I posted that I had a older diehard gold which is not AGM, which is why I didnt want them connected. The Kinetik sat at around 13, and the diehard gold sat around 12.6.

Actually when I posted that I had a older diehard gold which is not AGM, which is why I didnt want them connected. The Kinetik sat at around 13, and the diehard gold sat around 12.6.
4 tenths of a volt won't matter. As long as you are not charging above the rated voltage of the battery nothing would happen.

4 tenths of a volt won't matter. As long as you are not charging above the rated voltage of the battery nothing would happen.

The bronco sometimes sat for long periods of time in the winter... which is pretty much where it would make a difference. Anyways it really doesn't matter because it was all taken out. The rebuild will be all Diehard pm1s.