crackinhedz

Upgrade itch, wanting to scratch with SSA

If you must have rears, then leave it stock and use hu to power them and spend the money up front. Go ported with the xcon 15 and upgrade amp later if you wish.

Dammit you guys, I wish I would have came here asking questions first instead of thinking I knew what I was doing in the first place...

Perhaps I'll just get the fronts installed and see how I like it.

So you guys think I should leave rear doors disconnected altogether? Gosh that blows my mind, but again Im a noob and just never heard the correct way of doing this.

Dammit you guys, I wish I would have came here asking questions first instead of thinking I knew what I was doing in the first place...

Perhaps I'll just get the fronts installed and see how I like it.

So you guys think I should leave rear doors disconnected altogether? Gosh that blows my mind, but again Im a noob and just never heard the correct way of doing this.

I got 2 6.5s in my doors up front and tweeters and it sounds like its everywhere. Its all about the install/ setting everything right

Agreed, tell the shop that you would like to change your order. Get a 4 channel amp, and better components. 

Well thanks guys for all your suggestions, will probably keep me tossing and turning all night long. I will probably check this thread once more in the AM before I go, and will let you know what ends up happening.

So, I should forget the rear altogether and focus up front.

What about the RTA tuning? Pass? I'm no good adjusting EQ myself, would this not help?

And, as for now the ported Xcon 15" is the front runner.

Thanks guys, have a good night.

Agreed, tell the shop that you would like to change your order. Get a 4 channel amp, and better components. 

I already bought everything, shop is only installing. Pretty much too late to change much, pretty tapped out to buy anything additional at this point. I made my bed...now I will just lay in it for now.

Well thanks guys for all your suggestions, will probably keep me tossing and turning all night long. I will probably check this thread once more in the AM before I go, and will let you know what ends up happening.

So, I should forget the rear altogether and focus up front.

What about the RTA tuning? Pass? I'm no good adjusting EQ myself, would this not help?

And, as for now the ported Xcon 15" is the front runner.

Thanks guys, have a good night.

Skip the rears altogether, and if you must you can use the stock speakers.

I wouldn't worry about it.

A ported XCON 15" sounds perfect!

I already bought everything, shop is only installing. Pretty much too late to change much, pretty tapped out to buy anything additional at this point. I made my bed...now I will just lay in it for now.

Ahhh okay.

You could sell everything you don't use ;)

I agree with everyone about not needing the rears.

You could sell everything you don't use wink.png

This is good advice if you can't return the items since you don't need rear speakers or 6 channels.

For what its worth op, i have a dodge durango and put 6.5 coaxials in the rear doors and put same power to them as i do my front component set. I CANNOT EVEN HEAR THE REAR SPEAKERS. When i tune everyhthing to sounding good, there is just no sound it seems coming from rear and again that is amped. From what i took from your earlier post is you have rear dvd. Do you plan on your rear door speakers being the output for said dvd? if so you may want to stick with rear door enhancements. However, i know M5 knows his shit, so if they say the passengers can still hear it then i would believe them. In the end it will come down to your personal preference but all the advice so far in here is very on point. Good Luck!

Single xcon would be my vote sir. Just save another pay check or two, and do it the right way first. It will give you the ability to upgrade at a later date.

Well minor setback, the shop had a problem tapping from the head unit. So they will have to reinstall the factory infinity amp and tap from that.

I went with components front and rear. I just decided its what I wanted, as I felt I was missing the rear fill which was bothering me. I'm not so much worried about a front stage simulating a concert in the front.

So anyways I have to go back Tuesday to finish.

And tonight I also purchased the 15" Xcon!

Guess I will be waiting the build time. :)

Again sign of a not so good shop. They shouldn't have surprise problems like that sad.png

Not sure what kind of criteria I should have been looking for in a shop, but the only two or three shops near me were not very impressive when I visited them.

So I looked further outside of my city (Lynchburg, VA) and found Audiotronics in Roanoke,VA. Pretty much best option other than Crutchfield in Charlottesville. Both were equal distance from me (60 miles) and both are authorized installers for the AudioControl LCQ1...and after looking into Audiotronics I felt they are very reputable...so again not sure what criteria makes a shop good?

Wish I was handy enough to do myself, unfortunately I have to rely on those who know more about this stuff than myself. It is what it is, Im not too upset. They even stayed hours over on a Saturday trying to get it all finished. Now if they would have tore a hole n my leather seats or scratched my new wheels...then I'd blow a gasket. Also have to give part of the blame to these auto manufacturers for using these gimmick audio set ups that make difficult for aftermarket solutions.

On a side note relating to my future Xcon setup, so going ported lets say I want the enclosure to reach 45" wide to fill the trunk symmetrically. Can I keep the sub on center with the port on either side? Or does it need to be on one end and the port on the other end, not centered?

In general for audio symmetric is not your friend. At sub frequencys it isn't usually a big deal...but looks weird to me