Sign in to follow this  
brennermoore

2 fi ssd's

I am trying to run 2 fi ssd's in my truck at 2 ohms... i would like to find an amp that is 2000 rms at 2 ohms... would like something cheap working on a budget here.. any suggestions?

I am trying to run 2 fi ssd's in my truck at 2 ohms... i would like to find an amp that is 2000 rms at 2 ohms... would like something cheap working on a budget here.. any suggestions?

Better off finding an amp that you can run at .5 and get 2000.  I would try and find a MMATS d300hc or a d2000.05

I have heard that there are a lot of problems that can come from running at .5.

the cresendos are rated at .5

MMATS has amps that do all of their power at 1/2 ohm.  If you can come across a d2000.05 that needs repair and send it to mmats, they will upgrade the circuitry and it will do close to 2100 rms at 1/2 ohm for 225$

How about the ap3000? It's 2 ap1500s strapped in one case so it's rated for 3k rms at 2ohms. I think it's only ~300. Obviously not the best amp but will get the job done and others have used it and loved it.

Looks like the ap3000 is running around $400...Where can i find the MMATS amps other than ebay? 

Also i have the autotek m4000.1d which is 2000 rms at 1 ohm (so it says)... do you think i could wire it down to .5, or would that just blow the amp?

Why not get dual 1ohm coils and wire the amp how it should be wired and avoid issues?

Because i already ordered them ( they are still awaiting fulfillment) and i just was not thinking correctly and ordered them both as 2 ohm...

Email your order number to sales@ficaraudio.com

If they aren't done yet they can be changed.

I did.. Hope for the best i suppose, thanks. Also the subs will have about .87 cuft a piece i know its not much but its the best i could do.. Do you think they will have enough room to still sound good?

kicker 2500 rated at 2ohms, just be careful tuning it and you are fine there is one for sale on caraudioclassifieds. org. there is also the crossfire vr2000 rated at 2k at 2ohms if you can ever find one for sale. soundigital and stetsom makes amps that do 2k+ at 2ohms

Edited by benz280se

I did.. Hope for the best i suppose, thanks. Also the subs will have about .87 cuft a piece i know its not much but its the best i could do.. Do you think they will have enough room to still sound good?

What size are they? Ported or sealed?

Go onto Fi Car Audio's forum section and check out the cut sheets and recommended box volumes for your size woofer.

Also i got them switched too dual 1 ohm each, so i am going to be wiring them down to 1 ohm. I have not done any battery upgrades or the big 3 but that will come with time. I am going to try to push them with my amp for now but i know that they will be underpowered so a new amp will also come with time.

you can find apsm1500 online for 100-150 either new or used.... try db-r electronics to see if they have any refurbished sundowns

Edited by muddybass

My amp says it is 2000 rms x1 channel... I know that is probably not true, but i just dont know if that sundown would have more power than mine.. I know it is a better quality amp but still just unsure. Especially when it says these subs are 1000 rms each, so that would still be starving them from getting what they really want..

I had two of the ssd's on 1500 a few years back and they hit pretty damn hard!

I believe that! haha... but didnt they use to only be rated at 800 rms?

I believe that! haha... but didnt they use to only be rated at 800 rms?

Yea something like that and they took my 3000.1 for a couple weeks before I sold them.

Here is another the Db-r has.

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67_69_109&products_id=290

Thanks, will have to save up a little bit of money before i start scraping it out on a new amp. But thanks again for the suggestions!

The RMS rating has nothing, I mean absolutely NOTHING, to do with how much power your subwoofer(s) will require, period.

No such thing as underpowering, either...

You'll be fine with just about any of the amps you are considering.

Sign in to follow this