SpeakerBoy

Ability of door speakers to keep up with Woofers

Simple question; without breaking the bank on super high power mids and highs, would front speakers mounted in door (one pair only) be able to keep up with a 4- 15's wall? Wall is on 2k rms, Kicker CVX's.

My friend doesn't want to build pods, and I can't tell him my opinion, being a state away. 

I think his budget for a pair is $400. I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want to put in the work building them lol.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

SOOOOO you want us to give you an opinion states away?!!!

Keep up? No way. Satisfy your buddy, most likely.

///M5, am I correct in assuming that means, that it will make sound over the woofers, but not in what would be considered good sound; lots of treble punching through but not nearly enough midrange, something like that?

Just for anyone thirsty for details, it's 6.5's.

he has cutouts in the back, but doesn't want to deal with the nightmare of running wires past the wall; the fronts are already ran. I told him to just run it stereo, and series the front and rears but he doesn't like the idea.

Dude is seriously a brick. Spends so much money and has no clue what he's doing, other than the construction itself. 

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Midbass can't keep up, need WAY more cone area. Doesn't mean he cares though.

Midbass can't keep up, need WAY more cone area. Doesn't mean he cares though.

I think he asks for advice on his setup only because he knows he has no clue what sound quality is. 

That thought train started when I snapped on him for picking CVX's over X's. I think he seriously paid over a grand for four 15's. Like what the fuck.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Why doesn't your friend write in and ask about his own setup?  Weird...  Anyway, I would get the cheapest components and run multiples.  Check out those Crescendo components.  Cut two or three holes in the door for the mids and install them either horizontally or vertically, place tweets on the sides.  You will need an amp for them too...

Why doesn't your friend write in and ask about his own setup?  Weird...  Anyway, I would get the cheapest components and run multiples.  Check out those Crescendo components.  Cut two or three holes in the door for the mids and install them either horizontally or vertically, place tweets on the sides.  You will need an amp for them too...

Why stop there? You can cut holes in the dash and center console too.

SKAAAAAAAAAAAR'D

Hey, I didn't say its the best thing to do.  However, it maybe one of the cheapest ways to get loud.  

SKAAAAAAAAAAAR'D

Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKAAAAAAAAAAAR'D

Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_ln1v30CQO21qza2hco1_r1_500.gif

You can find a nice pair of mini horns for that price.

Hey, I didn't say its the best thing to do.  However, it maybe one of the cheapest ways to get loud.

Not really

SKAAAAAAAAAAAR'D

Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't say I was a hater. There are better options skar man!

Are horns hard to set up to sound smooth?

Guys, if he doesn't want to run a set of wires past the wall, why would cutting up his doors seem easier?

Hardest speakers to EQ you can put in your car. Hard is relative though.

Guys, if he doesn't want to run a set of wires past the wall, why would cutting up his doors seem easier?

In reference to what? Is there a reason for the "not want"?

SKAAAAAAAAAAAR'D

Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't say I was a hater. There are better options skar man!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sarcasm

Hardest speakers to EQ you can put in your car. Hard is relative though.

>>Guys, if he doesn't want to run a set of wires past the wall, why would cutting up his doors seem easier?

In reference to what? Is there a reason for the "not want"?

Yeah, he feels it'll be too difficult. He's lazy.

I've been trying to get him to send me a few pictures all morning to show you guys, but he's at some thing with his girlie.

Edited by SpeakerBoy