nigel

my 2 year old broke his hand

my 2 year old apparently fell off of the couch rough housing with his older brother today, and earned himself a "buckle fracture" in his left hand.  Apparently it broke three of the small bones in the back of his hand.  Played with it afterwards, but woud say "ouch, no touch!" everytime we tried to look at it, and the swelling wasn't going away, so my wife took him down to the hospital after supper.

DSC_0293.jpg

Boo, little kids are not allowed to get hurt! Hope he gets healed up quick.

they said cast for 6-8 weeks followed up by more x-rays with a pediatric orthopedic surgeon to make sure no further correction is needed.

But he's taking it like a champ.  One tough little fella.

it's the only thing keeping him growing.  Can't digest half the proteins.  took forever to find something that he could digest that didn't knot up his stomach for hours at a time in cramps.  He only gets it at bedtime now, not during the day at all.  When he needed more bottles a day, it was costing us a small fortune, even after my benefits paid 80%...

It's fun when you double  families monthly food budget just for one infant's formula...  Soon hopefully he won't be even getting the bottle at bedtime.

Crap, sorry to hear that.

I just was a bit shocked to see a bottle. At 1.5 ours refused it and only wanted to drink out of glasses, not even sippy cups. He does get a sippy cup of water at night, but that's it. Our other child wasn't that way though. Surprising how different they all are.

Get well soon lil man!!!!

Sorry to hear about the dietary restrictions. Is it something he can/will 'grow out of'?

J

hope he gets well soon 

sorry to hear about the kid's hurt arm ... Hope he gets well soon !!!

Poor lil fella :(

Get well soon little dude!

Get well soon lil man!!!!

Sorry to hear about the dietary restrictions. Is it something he can/will 'grow out of'?

J

just tried some beef/dairy protein again a couple months ago, hoping he'd grown out of it, but to no avail.  Made for sleepless nights of pain and cramping again.  The pediatric gastroenterologist(sp?) said he may eventually grow out of it, but since he had a positive reaction to cut it out again.  Said in the next little bit to give soy protein a try again to see if he still reacts to them as well...

On the lighter side after waking up this morning he's discovered that it hurts when he hits his big brother with the cast....  I keep hearing him say "boom" followed by an immediate "ow wyatt" from the 5 year old...

and thanks to all for the well wishes, we are going to disney world next week, so it should garner him lots of attention from the princesses...

Edited by nigel

I seem to remember a thread in which you slaved this child out to work on sub enclosures. Nice cover up with the falling thing! LMFAO

Seriously though, I'm really sorry to hear that this happened. This is the prime time in life where you would want your childs limbs to be most functional.

the older one is helping me build a box currently.  This one wants to help, but is just a tad small yet to actually help.

Give him another couple years though, and he'll be working on enclosures with his big brother and I.

If I don't teach them the finer things in life who will?  It's my job as a father.

:) Hope the little guy heals up.