twisted1

two new ssa subs showing diffrent ohms

Just got my new 2ohm dvc sub yesterday an threw it in my new box for 2 subs

Immediately saw that new one flexed much more then other one.

Pulled each out an tested them an here what I found..

Sub 1 has 2ohm at each coil

Sub 2 has .6 at each coil

I tested each sub in series by itself an got this....

Sub1 4ohm

Sub2 1.6 ohm

Sub 2 is bran new out the box to btw... any ideas?

Well .6 x 2 = 1.2 ohms. Where did the 1.6 cone from?

If your meter isn't broken then you have two different ohm drivers. Sometimes the ohm will be written on the coil.

I originally ordered just one gcon 4ohm dvc but they sent a 2ohmdvc so I said screw it an ordered another 2ohm dvc so I can have a pair.

Fast forward to today an here we are

Well .6 x 2 = 1.2 ohms. Where did the 1.6 cone from?

If your meter isn't broken then you have two different ohm drivers. Sometimes the ohm will be written on the coil.

it fluctuates from 1.2-1.6

I originally ordered just one gcon 4ohm dvc but they sent a 2ohmdvc so I said screw it an ordered another 2ohm dvc so I can have a pair.

From how it looks, you ordered a 4ohm, and received a 4ohm. Now you ordered a 2 ohm so you have 2 different subs. How do you know the sub you originally ordered was 2 ohms and not 4?

i heard subwoofer coils can be around .1 to .3 off what they are suppose to be......so if its a dvc 2 ohm each coil should read around 2 ohms.....i would contact company to see what they can do.... maybe somebody with more experience in reading coils can give advice.

but are u sure your 4 ohm sub u ordered is a 2ohm....maybe its a 4ohm and then u ordered a 2 ohm additional

From how it looks, you ordered a 4ohm, and received a 4ohm. Now you ordered a 2 ohm so you have 2 different subs. How do you know the sub you originally ordered was 2 ohms and not 4?
Dude im not pucking stupid I know how to check ohms. They fucked up twice with me because they are GARBAGE!

Here is my first one that was sussposed to be dual 4 ohm

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid657.photobucket.com/albums/uu295/sld225/20130831_141331_zps91f82d79.mp4

Now watch the god damn video instead of making assumptions like you know what the fuck your talking about

i heard subwoofer coils can be around .1 to .3 off what they are suppose to be......so if its a dvc 2 ohm each coil should read around 2 ohms.....i would contact company to see what they can do.... maybe somebody with more experience in reading coils can give advice.

but are u sure your 4 ohm sub u ordered is a 2ohm....maybe its a 4ohm and then u ordered a 2 ohm additional

Dude it reads 2ohm at each coil thats mighty fn far away from 4ohm. New one is around .5 at each coil. Read what I fuckin typing

Tired of talking to stupid teenagers. Been doing this shit for past 15 uears. I know what im doing.

DON'T POST UNLESS YOU HAVE SOLUTION OR ANYWAY TO FIX THIS POS

Dude it reads 2ohm at each coil thats mighty fn far away from 4ohm. New one is around .5 at each coil. Read what I fuckin typing

dude i was just trying to help ......and you are the one asking,plus just cuz im new to the site does not mean im a kid....just means im new to the forum......and if u actually read my whole response i said maybe somebody with more experience in reading coils can give advice.....plus cussing at people on the site is not the best option for help fyisterb041.gif

You're not going to get help acting like that. I would try another meter, or replace the batteries in the one you're using. Also if you look at the vc former through the cooling vents the coil configuration is written in Sharpie. Just chill if there is a mistake it will get resolved.

Im teying to tell you are that ssa has fucked me over twice. I can make any vid showing ohm load on any meter you want fuck you can watch me read resisters to show it works properly

I just bought new meter today from radio shack for 47 bucks an it shows same ohms my fluke does. Hell even cheap pos walmart meter shows same as 200 dolla fluke

Look at the coil former, what does it say?

where in La are you located?

45 min from br. More towards marksville

An im very mad. It cost me 457 bucks for these 2 an both them have screw ups

Well, you're gonna love this.

SSA Gcons do not come in D1s like how you are measuring.

That means it's not SSA's fault if everything you are posting is the truth.

However, SSA will need to chalk up the problem if it truly is a D1 sub.

They are fi parts ssa just glues them together. Like I said tge one in the vid is sussposed to be a dual 4 but its a dual 2 now my new one is sussposed to be a dual 2 but it measures dual .5

The only coil config that Fi USES for themselves that goes below 0.7 is the SP4 which is .65... 

Now, there's no way in hell an sp4 coil would fit in a gcon.. 

I also will say that Fi may possibly use coils for who they OEM for that they may not use for themselves.

If that's true then some OEM brand has gotten an accidental switch from what i would assume.

Edited by shizzzon