2_zps31465f4b.jpg

7_zps3d41a7d7.jpg

Edited by edouble101

4_zpsb1144156.jpg

9_zps8b6f1f1f.jpg

11_zps5fab3092.jpg

14_zpsc6dc2534.jpg

IMG_3451_zps2bc78922.jpg

Looks damn good. Wish I could hear it. :)

Been waiting for you to post!! Lol looks good. I'm gonna be doing a setup similar with 2 12s ethos but front firing and port side.

Looks geat!

What made you decide to do rear firing? Enclosure came out real nice, looking good so far.

Looks damn good. Wish I could hear it. smile.png

adhd.gif  Thanks!!

Been waiting for you to post!! Lol looks good. I'm gonna be doing a setup similar with 2 12s ethos but front firing and port side.

Cant wait to see your install popcorn2.gif

Looks geat!

Thanks!!

What made you decide to do rear firing? Enclosure came out real nice, looking good so far.

We went with a rear firing design for a few reasons. 

• He does not want to have to put his rear seats down for a front firing setup.
  • He already has his rear deck vented for a rear firing setup.
  • With a build-it-in-the-trunk design we are not able to do any testing. This is a huge downfall. Ideally we would have built a few enclosures testing enclosure placement, subwoofer placement, and various port designs. We also would have tuned the port to fit the vehicle versus tuning on what we think will work. Actually we could have used a smaller speaker in a much smaller enclosure to fit the optimal tuning freq but I really doubt that my buddy wanted to invest that much more time in getting this install done.

We drank a few beers last night during this install phase so my buddy crashed on our spare bed. We connected his subs to my test board with an amp that was 30x2 watts and another amp that was 600x1 watts. It had a decent amount of volume with only 30 watts per sub. Certainly more output than any stock subwoofer we have heard. With the 600 watt amp we were able to get windshield flex adhd.gif  his front bumper was even rattling adhd.gifWe are very excited to hear these on 1200 watts eachlifter.gif 

Next phase is to install all three amps!!!!!! bananaDance.gif 

Daytime pics

photo22_zps0e8ccc8e.jpg

photo11_zps007a50c6.jpg

What's the specs on the box?

3.66 cubes net, tuned to 29hz, 46.5^2 port area. Obviously the sacrifice with this design is port area but with the power he is using this will work. More power would have needed more port area. In that case the tuning would have to be higher which would also take away from the net volume. ....might be able to play around with the numbers and net volume would stay the same idk without playing with it.

3.66 cubes net, tuned to 29hz, 46.5^2 port area. Obviously the sacrifice with this design is port area but with the power he is using this will work. More power would have needed more port area. In that case the tuning would have to be higher which would also take away from the net volume. ....might be able to play around with the numbers and net volume would stay the same idk without playing with it.

That's true since they're only seeing 1200rms each. Box looks perfect tho. Nice job on this. How are the amps placed? I always like to see the amp racks and installs of shit like that. :)

That's true since they're only seeing 1200rms each. Box looks perfect tho. Nice job on this. How are the amps placed? I always like to see the amp racks and installs of shit like that. :)
Thanks on the compliments on the enclosure build.

Amplifier mounting will be a little bit of a challenge. I thought we would of had enough clearance between the enclosure and the trunk but we are an inch short :( The original plan was to use the JL Audio amp stacking kit. We could remove the plastic trim panel near the trunk latch and they would probably fit. I don't want to do that though because it wouldn't look good. Personally I would mount the amps under the front seats but he doesn't want to do that. I've done it a few times and think it is a good mounting location especially when the floor a/c vents blow over the amps. So onto plan "D"lol. I will be welding a frame to hold all three amplifiers lined up in a row near vertical in the space we originally planned to mount them. Should look dope ;)

Edited by edouble101

Does he wanna be able to see the amps and all that? I would definitely put them under the seat like you suggested but hey it's his build lol

I'll be checking back to see whenever you complete the amp rack. I'm sure everything will look good :)

Does he wanna be able to see the amps and all that? I would definitely put them under the seat like you suggested but hey it's his build lol

I'll be checking back to see whenever you complete the amp rack. I'm sure everything will look good :)

I think he just feels that amps belong in the trunk.

Gonna be a couple weeks till I start the amp rack but I'll surely post pics! (I'm a pic whore lol)

Feel really sorry for the trunk lid.

I think he just feels that amps belong in the trunk.

Gonna be a couple weeks till I start the amp rack but I'll surely post pics! (I'm a pic whore lol)

I'll be back to check it out!

Awesome finish on the box. Looks amazing Eric

Awesome finish on the box. Looks amazing Eric

2oho.gif thanx.gif thanx.gif 

Feel really sorry for the trunk lid.

I agree.  The trunk of that car is going to take a bashing.

These JL Slash amps are huge! 

photo12_zps37bf0c26.jpg

Cutting up metal

photo23_zps4667e699.jpg

photo31_zps917d1c40.jpg

photo42_zps6b514386.jpg

photo52_zps02af83c0.jpg

The amp rack is height adjustable to help with installation since EVERYTHING is tight.

photo3_zpsf5b5f365.jpg

photo22_zpsafd70bc0.jpg

The sub amps will be stacked. Mounted on the right side.

photo41_zps0e69873a.jpg

Going to be using the Knu distribution blocks.

photo51_zpsa6d6c203.jpg

Couple to do yet until this is done.

photo2_zpseae54581.jpg

Edited by edouble101

tight fit!

tight fit!

Sure is! Any tighter and they wouldn't fit!

Nice work

Nice work

Thanks man. I don't know any other way to make these fit in the trunk. I made a couple tweaks today and should be ready for paint tomorrow.