Lschevy

4th order subs

I know every sub dont do very well in fourth orders , so what are some subs that will do very good in a fourth order? just to throw it out there,I see some people that are somewhat quiet then on the other hand i see some people with two subs that have the whole vehicle flexing. I know box design play a big part also

4th order is a ported enclosure.

Are you referring to ported enclosures, or a 4th order band pass?

If you have to ask, you shouldn't do it. Seriously.

That's don't make any since...Well how is anyone supposed to know about different subs and enclosures if they don't ask?

What doesn't make any sense is your crappy, never thought out questions. Same question different day.

i dont remember asking about subs for a 4th order so idk where you trying to go with this. i remember when i first signed up to this forum it was the best on the net, full of people thats willing help fellow car audio enthusiast and to share knowledge now its full of sarcastic replies, rude, and people that think every question is stupid. Know i see why this forum is so dead now

By far the best forum. If you don't like it leave. What Sean meant by if you have to ask don't do it, is if you don't understand what it is don't jump into it right away. Learn more about how 4th order band pass enclosures work and what it would do for you.

So stating your goals and what you want from a system would probably be a good start with your post. Why do you want a 4th order band pass?? Most likely a standard ported enclosure will be better for your application.

By far the best forum. If you don't like it leave. What Sean meant by if you have to ask don't do it, is if you don't understand what it is don't jump into it right away. Learn more about how 4th order band pass enclosures work and what it would do for you.

So stating your goals and what you want from a system would probably be a good start with your post. Why do you want a 4th order band pass?? Most likely a standard ported enclosure will be better for your application.

i apologize. i realized a lot of my post could be in one thread. but im trying to learn about 4th's. but when i first became interested in a system i just wanted a little bass ( two 10 or two 8"s) But later realized that i wouldn't be completely satisfied with the output so had the urge to go bigger. So i decided to take the back seats out my truck so i can have the system that i want. so i measured multiple time to try to come up with the perfect system. i've always liked the design of the 4th orders and they LOOK like they would have more output than the traditional ported enclosure...but im not trying to compete or anything like that but i do want to get the most output as possible for the money. i have 17 cubes to work with but i really dont have to use all of it.  as far as power  im still pretty much undecided. My amp choices are two fosgate t2500bdcp's, two crescendo bc3500's, or one sundown saz 5000d

From what I know, you only use a band pass enclosure when it is needed. I don't know much about 4th orders. Someone should post in here what they are used for and why.

DSS Ethos with Bandpass Option. Pretty sure that's your spot on answer.

Potentially a 4th order bandpass can be more effecient than a ported but over a much smaller bandwidth. A ported enclosure can be more forgiving and can usually get the response people are looking for so there isnt a ton of people that actually need to do one. One major time people go for them is when they are doing a bedcut so they do not have to cut as much of the metal away.

I would still like to do one for some experience and testing purposes.