intrevic

6.5 components under $300

I've been looking to get some components for my car. As I stated in another post I ordered the IA3.4 so I'm looking for clear loud sounding speakers I listen to rap and salsa and u want to be able to hear the trumpet and guitars nice and clear. Ice been told to get the jbl p660 and the tantrics and the image dynamics so what do you guys think

Edited by intrevic

I think it all depends on the vehicle you have and the speaker locations.

Especially with door speakers, it's hard to recommend since what he may like might sound like total shit to you! The only thing we can really do is help you figure out your goals and pretty much tell you what many people do like.

A good starting point would be too go to a local audio shop and listen to as many as you can, but don't listen to the shop people :P

The JBL 660 may be easy to listen to : I think you can find them quite anywhere. I know they are loud and clear.

Lots of people here seem to like the IA comp set available on the store.

Personnally, I love Focal ! (I'm French in a French country, so this brand is available easily.)

Bassink is right : go to your local shops and make some listening sessions, and come back here to tell us your results ! Some will be able to help you when they know what you like or not.

The JBL 660 may be easy to listen to : I think you can find them quite anywhere. I know they are loud and clear.

Lots of people here seem to like the IA comp set available on the store.

Personnally, I love Focal ! (I'm French in a French country, so this brand is available easily.)

Bassink is right : go to your local shops and make some listening sessions, and come back here to tell us your results ! Some will be able to help you when they know what you like or not.

I like the IA components for the money they cost and the sound you get.

Well as far as my car goes I have a 2013 Hyundai sonata and my speakers are located on the doors no speakers in the rest deck. My local shops such they carry shit like alpine and pioneer. There is one that has jl audio but no components for me to hear

Plus not everyone has the same ears.

No matter if they are component sets or not, tell us which one were they and what did you like (or not) about them. You will be able to receive good help from the members, here :)
Alpine, Pioneer, JL : all are good and reputable brands !

A lot of people have liked the alpine type r comps. Try those at the local shop. Could be something you actually enjoy .

I personally say you utilize the bandpass feature of that amp and just go and get you a nice 2-way setup without the need for the crossover. Madisounds keeps me searching around quite frequently, but part-express can be light on the wallet as well. There are way too many good speakers out there for way to many different types of applications.

I could tell you that Faital Pro's are the best thing since sliced bread, but that doesn't mean they would sound good to you.

The IA's are sweet for the cost- but I must admit, I find mine lack the mid bass, that I have had out of other 6.5 sets(kicker and infinity are all I've had to compare to, both of which cost over 2x what the IA's cost.). Of coarse this could be vehicle related....

Edited by Leedogg

The IA's are sweet for the cost- but I must admit, I find mine lack the mid bass, that I have had out of other 6.5 sets(kicker and infinity are all I've had to compare to, both of which cost over 2x what the IA's cost.). Of coarse this could be vehicle related....

Install, install, install

///M5 isn't kidding about the instal, I don't regret paying $300 putting in a pair of $140 components on clearance.  Well, I do regret not doing it myself, that's why I'm going to do my own instal on my new JEEP.  Baffles and sound deadening make all the difference in the world.

More so than the drivers. WAY.

Also have to realize that basically 100% of component sets have horseshit crossovers really fucking with your potential. Some UBER cheap drivers and the right install/crossover build can KILL even WAY more expensive component sets.

Well I do plan on sound deadening all the doors. Which by the way I spoke with Don and he told me to say hi to everyone. I'm ordering all the deadening from him and right now I'm starting with the trunk. Like I said in my other post this is a build in progress. So basically I ordered the amps and sub and wiring so right now my priority is to build the sub box deadening the trunk run all my wires and leave the trunk all set. Then when I purchase the components I want to deadening the doors and the interior of the car.

Well I do plan on sound deadening all the doors. Which by the way I spoke with Don and he told me to say hi to everyone. I'm ordering all the deadening from him and right now I'm starting with the trunk. Like I said in my other post this is a build in progress. So basically I ordered the amps and sub and wiring so right now my priority is to build the sub box deadening the trunk run all my wires and leave the trunk all set. Then when I purchase the components I want to deadening the doors and the interior of the car.

Excellent choice, SDS made a massive difference in my car.  Just the fact that the speakers have so much less to fight with on outside noise, making it nice to back the gains down for less strain on the speakers and electrical system. :)

Well guys I ordered the Image Dynamics CTX65cs for the front and back. I heard some yesterday while I was done in Jersey along with some Alpines and Rockfords and they all sounded nice but I did like the midbass on the ID's and the tweets did not bother my ears when the guy cranked it up. I will be deadening all the doors before I install them to make sure everything sounds good and they ran me $320 for both sets so I'm happy with what I paid I just hope it sounds good in my car.

Huh?  Why 4?  Putting them in the rear is pointless.

Well it was only an extra $20 for the components so I figured what the hell and picked them up. Besides in my Audi's that I've had they run components in all the doors from the factory don 't they do the same in your BMW M5?

I've never had rear speakers in a car.  Not turned on anyways.  First car didn't have any and the rest from then on have been disconnected.  Complete waste of money.

I see well I personally have never been in a car before without rear speakers so I can't speak on if it makes a difference with or without them but having said that it's already ordered so they're going in regardless. I mean I didn't buy the best of the best I just want something to sound good for daily driving

Change your order while you can.  Should have shared that in your first post.  Spending more on the fronts and nothing on the rears will make it sounds 1000's of times better.  All rears do is fuck up the fronts.

Haha I still run Alpine Type R 5.25" components in my doors. For $120 I couldn't ask for better performance. They scream.

Agreed on rear speakers. You do NOT want them. Instant soundstage killer.

Edited by hatrix

You know I never knew this so should I just return the second set and bridge the amp for the front stage I'm technically underpowering them right now and should I leave the factory rear speakers plugged in or disconnect them?