Sign in to follow this  
CJ18

Single Inputs vs Dual Inputs

So what was the point?  I don't think anything was a surprise...

I need to show this video to my friend we had a whole argument the other day over the benefits of dual inputs

There is NO benefit to "dual inputs".  There IS benefits from running 2x the power cable...

There is NO benefit to "dual inputs".  There IS benefits from running 2x the power cable...

And how would you run 2x the cable without dual inputs? Isnt that the point of dual inputs?!?!

2 runs of power to the rear > distro > single short run to the amp 

Edited by lithium

I was just clarifying why 95honda was saying. 

if an amp is designed to draw enough current to warrant a larger gauge power wire or a second input then it would be there. 

if you go down to the power/voltage loss demo you can learn about how power loss works. 

http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm

Ok so you would create a funnel. Not the same thing.

A short wire can conduct more than one of the same thickness, but longer.

Ok so 2 runs from the front battery to the back, into a distro block and then a single short run into the amp. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat here. This test simulates a 6' run from battery to the amp using OFC wire.

I have a much more extensive test planned that might actually please some of you cynics, I doubt it though since everyone always has a better way to do things, but isnt willing to put their money where their mouth is and test them for the public to see the difference. Sorry for taking the time to run a test to show the difference. I do apologize for wasting your time.

I don't see why it would be easier to stuff the wire in the connector instead of in the amp connector.

So you gained 132 watts? ( i assume the first number is 3798, third one 3930)

Gaining 132W out of 3798W to start with is a increase of +-3%, is that worth it to buy those dual amp inputs for like what, 40-50 dollar for both(including shipping)?

Offcourse not including the added wire cost.

What is the measuring precision/accuracy of this test?

Do you think it's less then 3.5%?

I like the commercial at the end of the video.popcorn2.gif

Edited by kirill007

Bottom line, the amp put out more power !

Bottom line, the amp put out more power !

100 watts isn't significant. 

Jesus Christ, you guys kill me.

My only point was it isn't the dual connector that made the difference, it was that 2x copper in the DC power cable run.

Run a single 4/0 into a reducer and you will have even less loss and more power.

Goddamn, seriously...  Nobody was being cynical about your test...

Ok so 2 runs from the front battery to the back, into a distro block and then a single short run into the amp. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat here. This test simulates a 6' run from battery to the amp using OFC wire.

I have a much more extensive test planned that might actually please some of you cynics, I doubt it though since everyone always has a better way to do things, but isnt willing to put their money where their mouth is and test them for the public to see the difference. Sorry for taking the time to run a test to show the difference. I do apologize for wasting your time.

you can calculate power loss with some basic math. 

Edited by lithium

My only point was it isn't the dual connector that made the difference, it was that 2x copper in the DC power cable run.

Run a single 4/0 into a reducer and you will have even less loss and more power.

Exactly, he got a increase of 132W eventhough through calculations he should only gain about 55W.

Exactly, he got a increase of 132W eventhough through calculations he should only gain about 55W.

yes you lose less power with more/larger gauge wire but a simple understanding of physics already proves that. however, his measurement is completely worthless with reporting accuracy. 

Amplifier efficiency varied by a higher percentage than the power output or voltage input in that test.

Maybe SPL guys should spend more time keeping that consistently high rather than debating the type of connector used ?

Goddamn, seriously... Nobody was being cynical about your test...

Do people read anymore? Or just try to prove anyone else wrong no matter the cost?

What 95Honda is saying is more copper, more power transfer.

Where you cram the wire is irrelevant. So one terminal with two runs crammed or two terminals with one each.

You can't even hear a hundred watt difference in 3krms

Edited by SpeakerBoy

There is NO benefit to "dual inputs". There IS benefits from running 2x the power cable...

Spread out dual inputs across multiple amps and a 100 watts turns into alot more.  At a certain point they become a benefit.  In competition where every tenth counts you bet your ass I am gonna run them. 

Spread out dual inputs across multiple amps and a 100 watts turns into alot more.  At a certain point they become a benefit.  In competition where every tenth counts you bet your ass I am gonna run them. 

I think you misunderstand the benefits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel#Acoustics

in competition sure you could hope to gain a fraction of a db but you could probably find easier gains elsewhere. 

I think you misunderstand the benefits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel#Acoustics

in competition sure you could hope to gain a fraction of a db but you could probably find easier gains elsewhere. 

No I got it.  And I studied that shit 8 years ago when I got my EE. 

And you would be wrong in your second statement, electrical upgrades are probably the easiest ways to gain above a 160 db.