Lee Carter

Lee's Avalanche Build

I can't complain at all- this is my 2nd Singer.  It was 110% my fault it didn't work.  I had it stuck in my head that the white was 'sense' and the Blue was 'keyed'.  when in reality, blue was 'sense' and yellow was 'keyed'  I just swapped the pin connectors around.  After running it a couple days, start up voltage is ~14.7 cold, and 14.2 at cruising hot.  and 14.0 idling hot.  on Decaf stuff I can pull it down to 12.8.  that is torturing those HDD's.LOL

Cold start up voltage-

11111802_1091866020830083_44769889193364

OK- I am an idiot.  Went to a friends today and was letting it pound- caught a short clip of it.  Knew I was railing it a bit harder than normal, but going by ear- it sounded clean, but I am sure I was clipping it.(Hindsight)  Right after I shut the camera off to back it down a bit, it made a quick electric buzz.  So I tuned it down pretty low.  after about 30 more second the dreaded smoke out the port.  I don't hear any scrubbing when pressing on the cone, and it still plays.(though I turned the sub channel off as to not do anymore damage). I am going to put my DMM on it tomorrow and see if they ohm out correctly. Maybe I got lucky, but I doubt it.

Short vid.  My mids highs were dying, but the bass was clean.

https://youtu.be/XBDlg2eNXQo

OK sucks ass to pull subs out....I'm jus sayin.  Pics tell the story...

The boards underneath really helped-

DSC04511.jpg

Drivers side Sub leads looked good.

DSC04514.jpg

Coils not bad eaither- a lil dark..

DSC04517.jpg

This is lifting the cone a bit to see more of the VC-

DSC04526.jpg

Pass side Sub- also no lead issues

DSC04522.jpg

So much for the good news...

DSC04525.jpg

Got inquiries sent in to Tantric and PSI for recone options, neither have replied yet.  Seriously considering moving to Fi SP4's.(Have to sell off some stuff first)

Nothing new to report.  LOL

The wait is killing me to get me subs back from Tantric.  In the meantime went to the F-body Gathering this weekend in ATL.  Had a blast hanging out with the Camaro/Trans Am buddies.  Got me motivated to get my T/A back rolling.

With the truck- My ex had a hysterectomy(sp) about 5 weeks ago. and has nothing but issue every since.  Infections, abcesses, 2 more surguries, open wound care, and ended with MRCA and a picc line.  so I've had my kids for 4 of the 5 weeks- traveling 160 mile/day bringing them to school, and picking them up.  so I haven't had time to fool with it.

BUT- They get to go home for a week starting tomorrow evening.  Going to try to get the XXX Components installed and playing this week.  Also hoping to have the Subs back late this week.  June 20- Scrapin The Coast is coming up fast!

slinky.... bummer man....

sorry to hear/see that....

alt is looking good though..;)

recone, and re go .......  

How did you run your power wire to your batteries? Through the truck or under it? Im thinking of putting my batteries in the back like you did for now til i can do my interior the way i wanna do it. And did you ground your amps to the batteries?

I ran 2 runs of positive under the truck and up thru the drain holes in the rear of the bed on the drivers side- than grounded the bank on the pass side thru the drain to the frame.(3 runs).  and yes I grounded the amp to the battery bank.

On a side note- it is all being pulled out(half done already) as the truck is going back to the bank.  I've been trying to sell it all summer with no luck. I have the Burb that everything can swap to...but I doubt if I do.  I have had the subs for sale since I got them back in July.  I'll be keeping the amps though...love my 5500.LOL  One day I'll be back on top and able to play again.

Okay that's kind of what I thought is underneath the truck that's what I was thinking of doing. Yeah I seen the pictures of the battery bank being grounded but I didn't see the MP so I just assumed they were to the battery.

Well that always sucks to hear you got to lose the truck been there though thinking about selling the stuff I would join in the one of the Facebook pages I'm on called avalanche style maybe you'll have luck selling to somebody on there

Yeah I am on several local-ish fb pages.  Its too late now-  I am expecting to wake up any day now to the sounds of a tow truck.   Oh well.   I am 42, and never been out of work like this.  

Yeah I am on several local-ish fb pages. Its too late now- I am expecting to wake up any day now to the sounds of a tow truck. Oh well. I am 42, and never been out of work like this.

Not what I wanted to read while having my morning coffee. So sorry to hear Lee. Hope you can get back on top soon. Stay strong.

No joking at all....I see poeple doing gofundme accounts all the time about car audio or need help for gas to the sundown audio show.....try that see how many friends and family care about you

Ps one guy on there trying to get money for recones...

What state do you live in?

south alabama.  worked offshore all my life.  now I can't pass the physical to go back.  oil and gas is all I really know.  Been living off saving for almost a yr. Maybe I'll start selling cars or something.  I don't really want to put all my stuff out there...but I've let myself go over the years...and now my health is paying for it.  It is what it is- not looking for sympathy.

Well im pretty sure theres something out there for you....

south alabama. worked offshore all my life. now I can't pass the physical to go back. oil and gas is all I really know. Been living off saving for almost a yr. Maybe I'll start selling cars or something. I don't really want to put all my stuff out there...but I've let myself go over the years...and now my health is paying for it. It is what it is- not looking for sympathy.

Wasn't going to insult you with sympathy. Was going to offer a job opportunity if you were close by.

Thanks.  wasn't directed at anyone. just a general statement.  I appreciate the well wishes guys.