Sign in to follow this  
Full Tilt

Welcome me to the team.

Well guys, I pulled the trigger on a 15" ZCON last night. :)

Here in the next few months, I hope to pair it with a nice 3500, give it plenty of airspace, and tune to about 30 hz to see what she can do. The Evil may or may not have been a better choice for the amp/tuning combination, but I got a great deal on this driver. I'm sure she'll do nothing less than blow me away come time for install.

I'm talking to my box designer now, we're trying to decide whether to do a standard enclosure or seal off the trunk.

Either way, I'm totally stoked to start running SSA. 

Glad to see! You will love the zcon. WELCOME!

Congrats!

Nice,

I also ordered two zcons 15s last week

Edited by basshead7890

Awesome you're going to love it man! I had a 15" Zcon in a 12' fusion and it was destroying the trunk lid. I would face it forward and seal it off. You'll get little to no trunk rattle and it'll still sound good! Not sure what subs you have used but this is not a pussy sub ol

Awesome you're going to love it man! I had a 15" Zcon in a 12' fusion and it was destroying the trunk lid. I would face it forward and seal it off. You'll get little to no trunk rattle and it'll still sound good! Not sure what subs you have used but this is not a pussy sub ol

Previous setups include my first sub, an SA 15 on about 1K, and then my previous setup, a pair of XFL 12s on 2K. 

I'm hoping to gain even more output, we'll see if the ZCON is up to match my XFLs. I think, if my box is done correctly, I'm going to gain output while retaining or even refining some musical qualities. But, of course, time will tell. Just glad to see myself 'climbing the ladder' to the big leagues. :)

Zcons get super loud and sound great, good choice!!

Good choice!

zcons are a great choice.  they'll hold up to tons of power, and still be very musical