ohio45113

zcon box design question

before I start building boxes and wasting money I want to ask for your guys help/opinion. I know there is a manufacturers spec for a box buthave any of you ran a single 12 zcon before? if so what size box and tuning did you try? mine is going in a 02 cavalier coupe. I can go 16 inches high 22 inches wide and 32-34 inches long depending if I want the amp on the back of the box or not.. but just looking for some input from people who have had experience with one before.

What kind of power will you be running? The optimum recommended enclosure design is the sweet spot if you are running rated power

What kind of power will you be running? The optimum recommended enclosure design is the sweet spot if you are running rated power

running a bc3500

I'd build a box according to what the manufacturers told the general public for what size box and tuning each of their sub's worked best in.

Just my 2¢

I'd build a box according to what the manufacturers told the general public for what size box and tuning each of their sub's worked best in.

Just my 2¢

thats what I figured as well but some of you guys are pretty crafty fokes and come up with some really crazy shit..

still looking for someone to help me to design a nice box. any help would be greatly appreciated.

still looking for someone to help me to design a nice box. any help would be greatly appreciated.

call/text 615.720.3900

I totally forgot you asked me lol if you still have my number you can txt me and I'll be able to do it tonight.

I totally forgot you asked me lol if you still have my number you can txt me and I'll be able to do it tonight.

all good man and no I dont have it anymore

decided to just make a simple box. I dont have the skills or tools to get all crazy. can someone please explain to me how to get the carpet to look nice?. ive googled it and watched vids of it but im missing something somewhere.. ive only built 3 boxes so far and the 2 ive tried to cover just look awful and I couldn't figure out how to make it look right. do I need to design my box around what i want to cover it with? like if I have a box thats 16 x 21 x 33 and try to carpet it. would it be easier to do if the box were say like 17 x 22 x 31? lol if that makes any sense

Just look at tutorials on you tube and practice on some cardboard boxes. We can tell you how to do it but unless you practice it wont matter. Practicing is the only way to get decent at it.