MikeJ

Got a RL-p12

I got my RL-p12 to day. Going to put it in this weekend. All I have to say right now is that is one heavy sub. :blink: I am going to put it in the same box my 12 SE is in 2feet @ 32hz and see how she sounds. I will build a new box in the future. I have a PG X600.1 to push it.

Thats it for now I will tell every one how I like it and I will compare it to the SE12. Same amp same box so all will be equal.

Mike J.

it should work great in that box with that power! it's going to be an interesting h2h, can't wait for your impressions on the two!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I have no doubt the RL-P will win this one. The SEs are nice but the P is much more capable sub IMO.

take some pix if you can

I put the RL-p in today and listen for a while. 1st impression It has better SQ the the SE. I think it's a better sub if you want to listen to all kinds of music. If you only listen to rap then you will more then likely want the SE. The SE hits the lows more. I fell the RL-p blends with the music better. With the SE I had my sub at -5 most of the time.Do to the fact it was overpowering with the low notes. I did have to turn it up to 0 get the same output with the RL-p. The RL-p I feel wants more power. But like I said the RL-p blends better with the music. Both subs shake the F out of my car. I feel the RL-p has a tighter sound. I listen to a bunch of music and right know my ears are bugging me. :domoslay: I will post more after I listen on my way to work to night. I do like the way it blends better with the front. So every one knows I did not change anything only changed subs. Did not touch amp and its the same box.I left the eq on the head unit alone only played with sub level. I was looking for a better sounding sub and that is what I got. :D

Mike J.

I took a picture of the sub with my dog just got to get it posted.

:woot::woot:

Could someone tell me if I could get more lowend out of the RL-p I like the SQ and how tight it sounds just wish it had a little more lowend. Kind of wish I could put the SE and the RL-p together. Lowend of the SE and the SQ of the RL-p. I will say the RL-p does get loud. Is the box I have on the big side for the RL-p I think Mike says 1.5 and I am at 2 would the box size change its lowend output.

wow. it's in 2ft^3 @32 hz and you want more lowend? you sure it's not the way it's eq'd or crossedover? i've ran my rl-p in everything from 1.25ft^3 sealed, 2ft^3@34hz and 2.5ft^3 @ 28hz..my favorite box for the rl-p was the 2ft^3 @ 34hz. ungodly lows. nasty output. insane transient response. and with power ranging from 750 wrms to 2500 (it doesn't like 2500 :lol2: )

try looking at your settings first. if they are fine, try a slightly larger box, 2.25ft^3 @ 32hz....or try some poly fill in the current one. but in all honesty, your current box is perfect for the rl-p.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I could try the polyfill thats a good idea. The SQ on this thing is great and it does hit harder the the SE. I think the SE had a better bottom end so I was trying to figure out away. This sub is a great sub dont get me wrong.

Mike J

I need to come see your pits one of these days.

Has she loosened up yet? There is a bit of time where the sub needs to be exercised before it reaches its potential.

Has she loosened up yet?  There is a bit of time where the sub needs to be exercised before it reaches its potential.

I was thinking about that this morning that may be part of the issue. I was driving home from the gym and it did seem a liite diffrent. Had it set the same as the SE and it was doing pretty good I must say. A guy I work with says it hits harder then the 2 12s he has, he liked what he heard.

I am going to give it a couple more days to settle in.

MJ

:woot::woot:

x2 :woot::slayer:

i still vote to make it manditory.

If you want more low end extension, tune lower...

27-28Hz 'ish.

Won't be the flattest response, but with cabin gain it should get you a little deeper hump in the FR.

OK do you see the Pic.

OK do you see the Pic.

:woot:

and :+1: on what Jim said

looks like i need a pic with a sub and my dogs..

mike..come see our pits any time bro! we thinks we are fixing to have another litter, 4 spoken for if so, but the rest for sale..lol....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

on the pic

I say leave it and enjoy for awhile.

I have 2 12's, and I beat on them pretty hard, and they both took about 2 weeks to really break in. They were about twice as loud when they were used up for a few weeks.

If it doesn't satisfy you in a month, I would think about messing with stuff, I'm just lazy like that.

My Xenon 600.1 does 800wrms . After driving home this morning listen to lenny kravites(spelling?) I am likeing this sub a lot. :woot: Lenny K. never sounded so good. I am thinking about getting a 2nd one and run 2 sealed. The only thing is I dont have the money for another amp and wont for a while. How would 2 RL-p12 sound sealed getting 400w each in say 1.25-1.5 each?

RL-p = :domoslay:

MJ

they should sound awesome! i love mine in 1.25ft^3 off 750wrms....

definitely give it a go bro! two sealed would kick the shit outa ya!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

RL-p =  :domoslay:

MJ

:+1:

Ok I need help. What should I do because I am running out of cash on this project.

1. Get a bigger amp for the RL-p I have and them get another sub when I have the cash.

2. Get a 2nd RL-p and run them with the amp I have now untill I can get a bigger amp. With 2 of them I will have to go sealed i am putting this in a Scion tC.

Thanks for your input

Mike J

I vote for #2, that way you will know how it will sound, when adding the stronger amp, only the output should change.