Sign in to follow this  
ExclusiveRA

Big 3 Worth it? Welding wire?

So I have some free time coming up so I figured I would look into running a big 3 just to see if it makes any difference.  Few questions... Is welding wire better for the big 3? Does the big three make any difference performance wise?  I understand it helps with the dimming of the lights which will be good.  If the big 3 works out I am thinking about getting maybe an optima yellow top for under the hood.  Slowly trying to build up electrical.

the big 3 absolutely helps. it doesnt solve everything though. some 1/0 ofc wire will be fine. there are way better options for batteries than the yellowtop as well.. try a sears die hard platinum. theres also better ones than that but it is a awesome budget battery.

the big 3 absolutely helps. it doesnt solve everything though. some 1/0 ofc wire will be fine. there are way better options for batteries than the yellowtop as well.. try a sears die hard platinum. theres also better ones than that but it is a awesome budget battery.

any brands you recommend for the big 3 wire? I will definitely check out the die hard platinum. I have seen that recommended on several forums.

a quick search on the forum will turn up many brands...

wireandsupply

weldingwire

electronbeam

knu concepts

any brands you recommend for the big 3 wire? I will definitely check out the die hard platinum. I have seen that recommended on several forums.

a quick search on the forum will turn up many brands...

wireandsupply

weldingwire

electronbeam

knu concepts

I use knu konceptz kollusul flex. 1/0. ofc wire.. seems to work pretty good. im sure there is better wire but ive used it in like 5 cars with no complaints.

If you only plan on running one battery up front and none in the back it with help . But if you're running a small battery up front and a larger one I usually tend not to recommend it.I'll usually do a run from the alt to the rear battery, and a large ground from the alt to the frame.

I have recently bought 2 DieHard platinums, and am very pleased with the improved voltage. The 34M fit up front, with the 31M in the trunk. They are both on sale at Sears now. The local stores will match the online prices, just show them on your phone.

I also bought my current 2/0 wire from weldingsupply.com

Edited by Jasonc13

You can't just drive over to your local welding supply house and pick up you some welding cable and connectors ??

I use Nordon welding supply 10 minutes from the house. Much faster than mail order.

Welding wire is fine. Any agm would be fine all great batteries. Optima is just pricey. You could buy a agm extreme from oreillys with a good warranty and less cost!!