hondakilla98

06 Pontiac GTO mild build

I got the rear deck and back seat covered in ccf and mlv. Here are a few pics.

Here are the RCA's wrapped in ccf and electrical tape. So they don't rattle on the fuel tank. Damn blurry picture.

20140706_154310.jpg

Ccf and mlv in the window.

20140706_165609.jpg

RCA's wrapped and run over the tank.

20140706_165613.jpg

Driver side going in.

20140706_175229.jpg

Gluing the two halves together and to the top.

20140706_180445.jpg

Wheel wells wrapped and glued.

20140706_192729.jpg

20140706_192746.jpg

This made a big difference. I will do the other half of the wheel wells tomorrow, start the sub boxes and mount my amp in the trunk.

On a less positive note. It looks like my 10 year old pit bull Lexus only has a month or two before I'll have to put her down. She has mast cell tumors.

Nice progress, sorry to hear about the pup.

Nice work. Stock Pontiac batting makes me laugh, what you are doing is going to be huge

Nice work. Stock Pontiac batting makes me laugh, what you are doing is going to be huge

I'm tempted to do more of the car. But I think I'll just finish the wheel wells and do the doors.

I'm wondering if just doing the well inside the quarter panel will be enough. Or if I should try to do more.

I didn't even know she was still alive. I found a picture of her when she was mine, about 9 years ago.

I didn't even know she was still alive. I found a picture of her when she was mine, about 9 years ago.

I thought I was going to have to put her down a year and a half ago. But her tumors stopped growing, until last week. She's still happy for now. At least I had lots of warning. Here she is at 4.

puppy35.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

I'm looking for a sub amp under $400 that's less than 6.75" wide and less than 12" long around 1000 watts at 1 ohm. If you have any ideas let me know.

I'm tempted to do more of the car. But I think I'll just finish the wheel wells and do the doors.

I'm wondering if just doing the well inside the quarter panel will be enough. Or if I should try to do more.

The never ending question starts. Lowering your noise floor is addictive and does more for your stereo than anything else.

I'm looking for a sub amp under $400 that's less than 6.75" wide and less than 12" long around 1000 watts at 1 ohm. If you have any ideas let me know.

Either your lenght hurts on choices or your width. I found one amp that meets the requirements and that is a Massive Audio N3. The Precision Power PPI P1000.1 is 12 15/16" x 6 3/4". The Soundstream TN1.1200D is 12 3/4" x 6 3/4". 

If you could move up the width to 7" then the Crescendo Audio S1500.1 would be a great buy at $300. It is 9 5/8" x 7".

I found some cheap ones. But I'm wondering about quality.

Mb quartz RM1000.1 10.24" x 1.97" x 6.5" $220 on amazon

Audiopipe APSM-1300 6-1/8" W x 2" H x 10-1/2" L $120 on amazon

Yeah I seen the Audiopipe but since im not a fan I wasnt gonna recommend it. I completely ran over the MB Quart RA amplifier.

I'd like to not cut the fuel tank brace. I think the Massive Audio N2 will fit. It's 800 RMS at 1 ohm. I'm not going to be able to hear the difference between 800 and 1200 watts anyway. I'm going to make a cardboard template to double check.

I got the peices of my box cut and ready to assemble. Here are a couple crummy pics.

20140707_171618.jpg

20140707_171611.jpg

It should net .5 cu ft.

Builds looking great. I am curious to see the enclosures. Really cool idea.

So, I forgot that I was thinking about using 1/2" plywood for back of the box when I decided on the depth. The box is 5.5" total with .75" walls. That gives me a mounting depth of 4.75". The SD-2 10" is listed as 4.94" mounting depth. I haven't measured yet to make sure. But right now I need to come up with .2". Do I use my router on the inside of the box to clear the magnet? Make a spacer ring to go between the sub and top plate? Remake all the sides at 4.25" instead of 4" like they're now. I'll measure the actual sub depth when I get home from work. I'm leaving toward using the router, that'll keep the sub from getting any closer to the interior trim panel.

Edited by hondakilla98

routing out some is probably fine. or you could cut a hole and fiberglass it. 

I checked with a sub in the box. .25" should be good to clear the magnet. I'll get to use my router tomorrow! Too bad I don't have a Jasper jig to cut the sub hole. Not that you'll see it anyway.

I also cut a piece of cardboard 5.5"x7.5" to simulate the massive audio n2. It fits, but I'll probably have to use 90° adapters on the RCA's. That's assuming the feet are included in their measurements.

I got both of my boxes assembled. Tomorrow I'll cut the speaker holes, tear them down and glue them.

Here are some pics.

20140708_200706.jpg

20140708_203143.jpg

20140708_205832.jpg

20140709_000347.jpg

I couldn't sleep, the boxes are glued.

lol

pics or it didn't happen

ah, i see the pics now, silly me

looks good

Enclosures are looking good!