CBFryman

Sketches

My GF wants a tattoo but she wanted something nobody else had. She knows she wants penstriping on her lower back with a fairy and a shroom...i started some sketches today at work while answearing the phone.

Excuse the suckieness, it was with a bic ball point pen. I also messed up on the face.

Picture277-1.jpg

Picture278-1.jpg

My plans are to redraw them in more detail in pencil then scan them and shrink the fairy down some and put it over the shroom, then add penstriping on each side. What do you think?

"Tattoo on the lower back, might as well be a bullseye"

Just had to do that :D

To me a tattoo is pointless unless it has a specific meaning behind it, a memory related to it or somethin. I personally am not to fond of the fairy, the shroom looks pretty good though.

I really dont get why alot of people want tattoos. I tried to talk her out of this one but she says that is what she wants for her early 18th b-day present and i told her i'd work on something if she wanted me to.

I helped my friend with his, He is a huge soccer fenatic andis really good, possibly going to MLS in the future if nothing happens. Top scorer on our team in our 3rd winningest season ever and it was our first year in a bigger/harder division. He is also canadian. So me and him drew up half of a mable leaf on top, "Canada" in the middle and half of a soccer ball on the bottom.

That i can understand, Barbwire on your arm or pen striping on your back or w/e...doesnt make sence to me.

BTW, any siggestions to improve the fairy? or you just dont like fairies period.

i was going for a sorta tinker-bell type dress with more cleavage :)

BTW, any siggestions to improve the fairy? or you just dont like fairies period.

i was going for a sorta tinker-bell type dress with more cleavage :)

Put a FIGURE on that fairy, don't make here like a fricking bean pole.

so... smaller waist, lower/more curved cleavage?

Also, please don't put her arms stright out, it dosen't look right. Make her figure like your gf's, from what I remember of the pics of prom, she has a good one.

i think it would be easier to type fairy into google and check out the images they have...

Tinkerbell would be a nice touch imo

You suck at teh drawing... almost as bad as your spelling...

nG

up yours

Tramp Stamp FTW!

and yours

:D

why does everyone think a tat should have a meaning? yeah, two of mine do indeed have very sincere meanings and that is why they are on my chest, close to my heart....but the rest..well, they are just for self-expression. things i like, things that have no real meaning except they are me.

now, getting a wrap (tribal, barbed wire, whatever) is old and played out and those who get those now are just trying to be cool. instead they look like fools.

as far as your fairy/shroom idea for your girl...the fairy should be more "womanly", less cartoonish. and i don't think pinstriping will work with the shroom/fairy/moon thing you have going on...

and don't let her put that on her lower back..won't look right there...calf, kidney area or upper back/ shoulder area. i'd vote for the last one.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

and don't let her put that on her lower back..won't look right there...calf, kidney area or upper back/ shoulder area. i'd vote for the last one.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i like that idea, ill reccomend that to her. :)

well at least u don't have Rocky and Balboa tatted on ur forearms...

Like someone I know

i met a guy that had already put $800 into his back and had another $500 to go to have a scene of some anime film tatooed on his back.

Too much money for something he wont be interested in in 20 years.

My grandfather had a tattoo of a naked woman on his left calf and of a ship on his right. 60 years later its still there and he's been ashamed of it for the past 30... He tells me that if i ever get a tattoo that doesnt have a meaning he sand if off my body as long as he is alive. :)

I don't think the tattoo itself is a bad idea, but location is just as important as what the tattoo is. The lower back is just not a good location. Like I said before, its the tramp stamp. Is that something she wants to be associated with (whether or not that is her motivation/intention)? I would really discourage against the whole "shroom" idea. I mean she is young and it seems cool now, but think about 10 years down the road when she is married and has kids, or is pursuing a career in corporate America. Is it something still appropriate, and does it still carry the same meaning? I'm going to have to assume no. As far as the fairy is concerned, I would do some research online (Google Images is your friend) and look at some of the art that is out there, it is a stark contrast to what your rough sketch was. No. I'm not knocking your abilities, but you definitely want something that is more expressive. The suggestions made to incorporate her features/personality into the tattoo are excellent advice.

As a side note: The one thing that has honestly stopped me from getting a tattoo is finding something which will have eternal meaning. Just like your Grandfather deeply regretting his decision, you don't want the other people you care about to suffer the same fate. Then again, many people see tattoos as a form of body adornment, like jewelry, so my perspective may not be shared with the majority of 'inked' people.

why does everyone think a tat should have a meaning?

Where your argument falls apart...whether or not you were being serious.

now, getting a tattoo is old and played out and those who get those now are just trying to be cool. instead they look like fools.
Fixed

why does everyone think a tat should have a meaning?

Where your argument falls apart...whether or not you were being serious.

now, getting a tattoo is old and played out and those who get those now are just trying to be cool. instead they look like fools.
Fixed

When you say "Sketches" My girlfriends tatt's, I read tatta's and I wanted to see your "sketches".

And the mushroom is teh dumb.

And the mushroom is teh dumb.

why?

and why hate on what someone wants simply because you don't think it's cool? or are maybe too afraid of getting your own

if you want to hate, go to the chithole....

not wholey directed at you sean.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

why did you delete my post....meanie

because they didn't need to be here. harmless or not. i just felt as though they were just too sarcastic.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: