Randal Johnson

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche

Interior is MINT !!!

gallery_5_7_113373.jpg

Ordered my Dash Pad, Console Head Unit mounting Kit, the "all bells and Whistles" wiring harness kit for my Kenwood dnx9980hd head unit, and a back up camera (from Kenwood).

Once all that's installed, then we will start on wiring and speaker placement options. One thing I can say about the current stock setup is those Bose Tweeters SUCK !!! LOL

Hmmm ... No metal to cut to install subs, Nice !!!

gallery_5_7_69365.jpg

Been a LONG time since I've ran a large cone area sub bass driver ... possibilities are endless here !!!

Ideas have been rushing through my head with this vehicle. Now you see why I've been wanting an Avalanche !!!

These are the Amplifiers that will be run in this Vehicle (I have a pair) ... http://linearpower.com/LP2150.html

Mine are Prototypes so some specs may be different as listed. Also, modifications have been done since being built.

gallery_5_7_118890.jpg

Small footprint Amplifier(s) will fit nicely under the seats of this vehicle. This is not the actual placement, just thinking how sexy those "plum crazy" purple amplifiers look in this vehicle !!!

Can't wait to start running wires !!!

:popcorn2:

Can wait to see where you take this !!! :D

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, jcarter1885 said:

:popcorn2:

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, ManzKea said:

Can wait to see where you take this !!! :D

Thank You Guys !!!

Just waiting on my Rear Camera from Kenwood. We can install it later if need be, but I really hope it gets hare before Saturday.

med_gallery_5_7_59050.jpgmed_gallery_5_7_142351.jpg

I've got the same in my dash

6 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I've got the same in my dash

I thought you had the newer model Kenwood ??

Not much room behind those radios is there ??? Got to go back in and hook up my Kenwood rear camera (just came in today) and run my RCAs.

I know, I have a LONG way to go before ever worrying about a sub stage, but I just couldn't resist measuring things out to see what I might can work up.

gallery_5_7_60887.jpg

gallery_5_7_71999.jpg

gallery_5_7_81154.jpg

Almost wish I could start cutting wood !!!

A friend of mine was delivering a vehicle to the local junkyard Friday and found something for me ... A State Trooper Tahoe. 

Said under the hood was untouched !!! Should be plenty of fun parts for me under that hood !!!

He told Mr. Dixon (same guy the found the Dually fenders for my GMT400) that I was interested with it and he said no one will touch it until after I get what I need. Wish me luck !!!

Think I'm going to give this a try. The Brutal Sounds Big Brute 15" driver. http://brutalsounds.net/product-category/subwoofers/15-inch-subwoofers/

Heard a pair the other day and was really impressed. I knew who built the enclosure so I knew it was mathematically correct. Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed with the Amplifier but I believe I can make some real improvements with my Amplifier. The Linear Power 2150 http://linearpower.com/LP2150.html

Actually, the man had me a driver ready to go. Guess he wasn't taking no for an answer ... LOL

gallery_5_7_33486.jpg

gallery_5_7_73045.jpg

Should be fairly easy to tune and give me that "little something extra" I'm looking for !!!

Brutal Sounds just sent me the specs on this driver so I can start running numbers !!!

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:08 PM, Randal Johnson said:

Ordered my Dash Pad, Console Head Unit mounting Kit, the "all bells and Whistles" wiring harness kit for my Kenwood dnx9980hd head unit, and a back up camera (from Kenwood).

FINALLY !!! My Dash Pad is here !!!

gallery_5_7_30594.jpg

gallery_5_7_4878.jpg

It should only take a couple days to settle, but MAN, this thing makes my dash look SOOO Sweet !!!

Actually makes the stock tweeters sound better ...

I absolutely miss my Avalanche.  I hate I let it go.   Tuned in Randal.

9 hours ago, Lee Carter said:

I absolutely miss my Avalanche.  I hate I let it go.   Tuned in Randal.

Thank you Sir.

Hope you don't mind, but I just browsed through your build log and have plans of stealing your amp rack idea. I have been beating my brains out on this and you made it so simple ... That shit was Sick !!!

I'm working on it in between calls. LOL

gallery_5_7_51945.jpg

Got it wired up now (forgot to take a pic, sorry). hoping to get things cleaned up tomorrow.

Gotta love an amp with a REAL heatsink!