Exactly what I was thinking.  Yum.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, Tirefryr said:

Gotta love an amp with a REAL heatsink!

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  Yum.

Thank you for posting guys !!!

23 hours ago, Mark LaFountain said:

Looks good. Have you fired it up yet? 

So far just a few test tones with the Laptop. No music yet. Working on it Boss Man !!!

Love the build Randall!! Clean and simple. thanks for posting! :D

On 10/2/2018 at 8:58 PM, j-roadtatts said:

Love the build Randall!! Clean and simple. thanks for posting! :D

Thank you Sir. Yes, that’s the goal. 

Running wires for the front stage this weekend. Hoping to start tuning the A-Pilar drivers soon. 

Juicy build..i was looking into linear power cause of you.but it's not something i can afford at the moment. Anyways that dash pad.did you buy for looks or to help with the soundstage

Thank you Sir.

Yea, Linear Power is a bit pricey, but worth every penny when it comes to power and dynamics.

As for the dash pad, other than looking great and protecting the dash from the sun, it definitely helps with the stage and image.

wish I had more time to work on this truck. 

Looking good Randal!  Purple LP amps make me all tingly.  Glad my build log helped.  It was my first 'big' install.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:29 AM, Lee Carter said:

Looking good Randal!  Purple LP amps make me all tingly.  Glad my build log helped.  It was my first 'big' install.

Thank you Sir !!!

Alright Bitches !!! Front Stage UPGRADES !!! Trying my best guys.

Please remember, nothing is set in stone and I'm constantly testing and tuning.

This will be a 2 way passive front stage 6.5" driver and tweet setup. 

One of the cool things I really like about this Avalanche is the tweeter placement. Not the angles of the tweet, but the actual location in reference to the mid bass driver location.

According to the good ole measuring tape, it all measures out so that I can time align mid and tweet together. Thank God !!!

This location is almost the same as the 2002 Ford F150 Supercrew I was working on.

gallery_5_7_75179.jpg

gallery_5_7_30594.jpg

So for testing purposes, I took the stock tweeters out and apart and installed the pods out of the Ford and directly on to the BOSE grilles.

gallery_5_7_46399.jpg

gallery_5_7_42003.jpg

Sorry for the night pics.

I know guys, that's not on axis or off axis. Those tweets are on adjustable pedestals and THIS is where the Stage and image sounds best to me.

No  "tricking or notch EQ'ing" here. Left and Right separation seems to be Dead on Balls Accurate as is.

I may change the angles a little more on axis, might help, we will see. But with this truck, they will stay in this area and not go onto the dash.

After a couple of SQ comps, I think the A-pillars will be ready for Fiberglass.

As for the doors. Nice baffle with a 6.5" driver for midbass.

Deadning and MLV ??? As soon as I can afford it guys. Unfortunately, working on a very tight (closer to none at the moment) budget. What can I say, Shit Happens.

Sorry for the budget.  Those are off axis btw.  Anything not on, is off...and those are really off.  Super funny when that works.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Sorry for the budget.  Those are off axis btw.  Anything not on, is off...and those are really off.  Super funny when that works.

Yes, I got this. Me and my late posting. LOL, Sorry for the Mislead brother.

Those pods are adjustable so tuning can start. Haven't had time. but sounds way better than stock !!!

The driver tweeter looks great since I'm tuning for driver's seat, but the passenger tweet desperately needs turning towards the driver about 45 degrees.

Since you have a similar ride, and If you don't mind me asking, what are you thinking about the front stages on these vehicles?? I want very stealthy, but don't see very much hiding for the tweeters and sound correctly. I am ALL open to suggestions !!!

There is a removable dash plate at the defrost vents. Gave thought about flush mounting a 4” driver and tweet, but there is absolutely no room under that panel. I love the fact of a near flat dash so I’m not wanting a dash pod for drivers. 

The Bose grilles will be removed for permanent mounting, but for now, helps keeping me from drilling holes all over my a-Pilar’s. 

Trying my best to keep things simple. You would know I’d catch hell with this. It’s all good. Gonna take time.

Not a huge fan of the dash on these.  Nothing seemed to work perfect.  Mine are equally off axis but in the opposite direction.   My temp mounts wouldn't have let me steer them the way you have them pointed.  What works, works.  Do that :)  I have a completely different set of processing than you do.  I will add however that my time aligment is COMPLETELy different for all 4 drivers.  Mine mids are mounted lower than yours though.

Guess if you’re running fully active you kinda have to time align separately. No way around it. Wish I could hear it !!!

what’s strange to me is we should have very similar doors and panels. Not real sure what year model you have but thinking 07-13 should be similar. 

I may do some more measuring next chance I get. Appreciate your input Sean !!!

I have an Escalade.  My speakers are in the bottom of the door...which relooking at your pictures yours are as well.  Doh.  I sit really high in the cab though as I am 6'7".  I mistook the supercrew speaker location to memory and not the avy.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, ///M5 said:

I mistook the supercrew speaker location to memory and not the avy.

LOL Gotcha.

Working with a couple of mixed drinks, a measuring tape, a couple of test dummies, and some VERY well recorded music ...

I have completely reset the angles of the tweeters.

Both were raised up over the hump of the dash and repositioned more on Axis.

Not necessarily directly to the driver, more like the driver's side tweeter to the passenger's ear and the passenger's tweeter to the driver's ear.

gallery_5_7_11312.jpg

gallery_5_7_45328.jpg

Amazing difference !!! The stage and Image is VERY pronounce !!! Deep onto the hood and beyond the vehicle's side mirrors where everything should be !!!

I had a question if raising the tweeters would create any separation between the tweets and door mid drivers, but I have not heard anything anywhere close to separation.

Thank God this is not the case with my application.

After the new year when I get time, Plans are to remove the A-Pillars and have them fiber glassed.

Hopefully after that, I can get back to work on the doors for proper treatment. For now, I simply just don't have time to work on my Avalanche.

Looks nice man :woot:

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

Looks nice man :woot:

Thank you Sir !!!

So now my son wants me to put everything aside and help him build a system for his 17 Chevy Cruze Hatch. I need a stiff drink.

8 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

So now my son wants me to put everything aside and help him build a system for his 17 Chevy Cruze Hatch. I need a stiff drink.

I am here to help, unless you are pulling from personal stock.  ;) 

4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I am here to help, unless you are pulling from personal stock.  ;) 

Thank you Sir. I will post up a couple of pics tonight of the Cruze. 

Start list will be a factory integration for pre amp output, 8” drivers in the doors (active 2way), and a single 12” driver in the hatch. Not sure or set on any particular Brands at this time. Just throwing ideas around. May get started on this shortly after the new year. 

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

:woot: active!

I will start a new thread for this.

gallery_5_7_49892.jpeg

gallery_5_7_114056.jpeg

Finally, a little time for my Avalanche !!!

gallery_5_7_108772.jpg

I'd rather take an ass beating than to Fiber Glass ... LOL