Randal Johnson

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche

i think youll dig that HELIX unit. I know a few that LOVE theirs... best of luck mate. 

That Helix is fucking awesome my brother !!! 

It’s also amazing what Dynamat and mattress foam/material can do for your midbass !!! Doors came alive !!! I had a pair of 8s waiting for the truck, but I would have had to cut metal to get them to fit. Didn’t want to move up higher than “MECA Street Class” so I went back in with the same ole 6.5” drivers I had in ole White Lightning. I’m loving it So Far !!! Everything is blending together as planned. If I known then what I know now, I’d have bought me an Avalanche a LONG Time ago !!!

thanks for posting my brother. Show us some pics of your new whip over here pecker head ...

On 2/14/2019 at 6:12 PM, Kylar96 said:

i think youll dig that HELIX unit. I know a few that LOVE theirs... best of luck mate. 

Personally, I can not tell the difference between 2 way passive and 2 way active. Going active made me use 2 amplifiers with no major difference with stage and image. Shows how good my speakers are installed I guess. 

Think i’m Going back to passive and get my sub back on one of my  2150s for now. 2150s have the best left and right separation Qualities so I should be good there. Hopefully, I can get this done this weekend.

As for the Helix, love the EQ capabilities !!! 32 bands on the left and 32 on the right !!! And time alignment is WAY easier to tune than on the Kenwood. 

Not spending the money on a sub amplifier will help me get closer to the new Kenwood head unit !!!

Night out with the wife at the car wash. Yes, our life is that exciting !!!

gallery_5_7_65042.jpg

bs2.1.1.jpg

Got My Sub Amplifier !!!

Now that I have the Brutal Sounds 2K installed, went back to fully 2 way Active. This system is not far from being done !!!

gallery_5_7_26429.jpg

Dang, need to update my thread.

My Avalanche FINALLY came back to me on the Roll Back !!!

gallery_5_7_7419.jpg

"Cat Back" Duals Done !!! Dude hooked me up with a Flow Master Muffler and Kick ASS Chrome Tips !!!

Tucked them in Real Nice !!! He's done the exhaust work on every truck I've owned so far !!!

gallery_5_7_60989.jpg

gallery_5_7_45720.jpg

Now my Avalanche sounds like she has a LARGE pair of Grape Fruits !!!

Nice.