Sign in to follow this  
ArrizX

Which Combination?

SSD 10 @ .66 sealed (Recommended Sealed box: .6-1 cuft)

SSD 10 @ 1.10 ported (Recommended Ported box: .9-1.5 cuft @ 33Hz)

SSD 12 @ .88 sealed (Recommended Sealed box: .6-1 cuft)

SSD 12 @ 1.56 ported (Recommended Ported box: 1.8-2.5 cuft @ 33Hz)

SSD 15 @ 3.75 ported (Recommended Ported box: 3-4 cuft @ 33Hz)

Q 10 @ .66 sealed (Recommended Sealed box: .2-.6 cuft)

Q 10 @ 1.10 ported (Recommended Ported box: .5-1.2 cuft @ 28-33Hz)

Q 12 @ .88 sealed (Recommended Sealed box: .8-1.5 cuft)

Q 12 @ 1.56 ported (Recommended Ported box: 1.8-2.5 cuft @ 28-33Hz)

Q 15 @ 3.75 ported (Recommended Ported box: 2.8-4 cuft @ 28-33Hz)

The sub will be getting RMS, and the sub will be going in a 2002 Civic SI hatch. I believe the 15 will be to big, however, I threw it there anyways.

This is just for daily driving.

I want the best possible quality, with the loudest possible output with that quality. Simply put I want it to sound badass no matter how loud I turn it.

2 q 10" or 12" ported should easily fit in that trunk of yours. Will sound amazing and get pretty loud.

If you are looking for a deal on amps to power them, than look at the sundown forum for the SAE-1000D Pre-sale and pick up two of them.

2 q 10" or 12" ported should easily fit in that trunk of yours. Will sound amazing and get pretty loud.

If you are looking for a deal on amps to power them, than look at the sundown forum for the SAE-1000D Pre-sale and pick up two of them.

Yeah those would fit easily, but thats too expensive for me. If I get two of ANYTHING, it would ONLY be the 10'' SSD, and I could hardly swing that.

But as a single sup setup which would work best?

Here are some pics of what im working with...

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

With a full view of the car here..

2004131281165231168_rs.jpg

As you can see, the car is tiny, lol.

I don't need much to shake the bolts out of it :P

What would you recommend for DD in that small hatchback?

Mind you, I will need to get this bumping hard. Harder then two 10'' sealed Pioneer Premiers. But that fact aside, what would sound the best, with output equal to that of JL W1 sealed or louder?

God, sorry, this is hard to ask, let me rephrase it all.

Which sub will sound the BEST, have the BEST clarity and all that.

Then, which sub would get the LOUDEST (other then the 15''s) because I know they will rape everything, lol.

Edited by ArrizX

Single 12" q ported with a sundown sae-1000d.

the good news about hatch-backs get louder easier in most cases. I am familar with your trunk, i'm working with a first gen neon.

I second the Q12 ported. It should work well in that space, and doesnt look like it will rob you of all of it.

Thanks,

Scott

I have almost the same boot size like yours.... yet I manage to squeeze Q15 in a 3.65cu^3 into it. But I have problems on where to mount my amp though.

Btw. my box is still in progress. Hopefully I can coplete it by next week and get some pics and vids. Do I get a T shirt??

Yeah, Ive decided the 12'' Q.

Haha maybe the 15'' if I can get my girlfriends permission, she is the boss :P

Haha maybe the 15'' if I can get my girlfriends permission, she is the boss :P

Practicing for when you get married eh ArrizX LOL :coolugh:

I figured I best get used to it early!

Hahaha

Hows about this... Fi Q 12 ported or BL ported (with any options?)

And then also looking at two 10 SSD with copper coil

So these are now my options..

Two 10'' SSD ported with flatwind coil

Single Q 12 ported

Single BL 12 ported (how much of a difference for just one sub will choosing spl over daily will I notice? should I consider any other options?)

Best option for the best of both worlds? Best quality with as much loudness I can get while retaining the quality.

see the vid in my sig, I could easily get a 12" Q louder and better sounding... wifes car, she actually just won a soundoff last week playing music she did a 141.6 out of her jetta trunk... she's running one 10" and a pg xenon x600.1 amp... she tied with the 3rd place guy in the higher class her class was 1-160 sqaure inches so obviously power isn't a concern and she was going against guys who maxed that class with a pair of 10"s and single 12"s... box is key, setup is important also, as well as amp/system tuning... I'd bet I could get an SSD 10" about that loud... with more power I was doing 145.2 on a single soloX 10" in my hatchback fyi that's loud I've got a few trophies all 1st place in spl so... take that for what it's worth...

see the vid in my sig, I could easily get a 12" Q louder and better sounding... wifes car, she actually just won a soundoff last week playing music she did a 141.6 out of her jetta trunk... she's running one 10" and a pg xenon x600.1 amp... she tied with the 3rd place guy in the higher class her class was 1-160 sqaure inches so obviously power isn't a concern and she was going against guys who maxed that class with a pair of 10"s and single 12"s... box is key, setup is important also, as well as amp/system tuning... I'd bet I could get an SSD 10" about that loud... with more power I was doing 145.2 on a single soloX 10" in my hatchback fyi that's loud I've got a few trophies all 1st place in spl so... take that for what it's worth...

Hah, ok, i'm pretty much totally sold on the Q then.

Although, box plans... Obtaining good ones could be hard.

Where could I go for a good design, how would I go about getting those.

Sign in to follow this