Sign in to follow this  
ener.g

BTLSs

i plan on picking up 2 18" BTLs very soon, but they will be for daily driving, in a low tuned box at about 32hz and around 13 cubic ft after sub and port displacement..

i want to have somewhat clean bass and not just total chit.. but some peoples comments on these being only SPL monsters have got me worried

I really want to stick with Fi they have impressed me so much from what i have seen and heard and i want to be LOUD and LOW

how will the SQ compare to my current set up 2 MTX T9512-44s on 2.4kw rms ? i know it probably wont be as good but thats fine with me i just hope for something decent

thanks in advance

whoever says these subs don't sound good don't have them in a good enclosure. i love my btl's. they sound so clean and they get down low.

Is that 2.4krms each, or a piece? They seem to like a bit more power (like 2.4rms each would be great).

I have 2 18 btls and they sound amazing on daily. Better than some of the 'flagship' sq stuff I've had before. I don't know how to compare the 2 subs- mtx vs Fi, but I will say I'm happier spl and sq wise with my btls than any other subs I've ever owned.

People like to say spl subs and 18s have no sq, but often they just don't have any experience with the sub in question. Coming from someone who has owned fi for over half a year I'll tell you I'm still happy all around with the btls. They sq is good if put in the proper enclosure. Just my oppinion.

SQ is subjective

sure, i heard someone straight DOGGIN the sound quality of all the Fi line up.

he said the Q and sound quality shouldnt even be used in the same sentence.

he also compared the sound quality of the Q to the 05 XXX. sure, the 05 XXX costed as much as a car.

i have two 18" BLs and i think they sound great. i have owned and used at least 20 different subwoofers. i have installed/heard ALOT of subs. the Fis sound great...

and i have heard the mtx subs your talking about.

i "personally" installed one 15" also...

my BLs sound better than them. those MTXs get pretty loud though...

i personally think the sound quality of the BTLs could be better than your MTXs. even in an 18" form... :)

i love the SQ from my BTL 18 and i have an 05 XXX 18 and the SQ from both is great wouldnt trade my BTL for anything. i would however trade my XXX 18 for another btl 18 :)

SQ is subjective

I agree. To me a great sub accurately hits lows with authority(<50hz), but to many I talk to it's helping a weak midbass in the 100-150hz range. :ughdunno: It's a matter of preference.

My wife sat in a car a few weeks ago and told me it had the best sounding stock system she's heard. It had the sound faded to the back speakers, with almost no deep bass. I thought it sounded terrible. So it depend on your tastes.

My BTL's and also the Q's and BTL's ive done for other people all sound INCREDIBLE.....both SPL and SQ is great. Then again theres more to SQ then your sub alone. I usually deal with people that care about the rest of the system and the Fi sub is ALWAYS a compliment to a clean front stage. If your mids/high config. sucks then dont expect ANY sub to bail you out. ;)

ill give Fi a straight 10 out of 10 all the way across the board from spl to sq to reliability all the way down to customer service.

:fing34:

+1

My loaded BTL 15 has GREAT sq. I can hear the actual viberations of bass strings on Police and Peter Gabriel recordings...not just the frequency! That, to me is SQ.

i love the sq of my btl, and it seems that its gotten better as i broke it in, i figured it would be the oppisite :/

SQ is subjective

I agree. To me a great sub accurately hits lows with authority(<50hz), but to many I talk to it's helping a weak midbass in the 100-150hz range. :ughdunno: It's a matter of preference.

My wife sat in a car a few weeks ago and told me it had the best sounding stock system she's heard. It had the sound faded to the back speakers, with almost no deep bass. I thought it sounded terrible. So it depend on your tastes.

100-150 wtf? I sat in a car this week that sounded completely awesome, his sub was crossed at 18db at 31.5hz and below. Most definitely an SQ install. Takes some crazy midbasses to make that work though.

SQ is subjective

100-150 wtf? I sat in a car this week that sounded completely awesome, his sub was crossed at 18db at 31.5hz and below. Most definitely an SQ install. Takes some crazy midbasses to make that work though.

my point exactly. (I'd love to hear the system your talking about). Most people buy some ok speakers, hook them up to a head unit, and turn the focus to the subs. Since this is what some people want (although not me), and to them it sounds great, who am I to pass judgement?

Sign in to follow this