bsmallard15

Gain, Hz, and Db

So heres the thing. I got my Q 12' about 3 days ago and my amp just came in today. So i screwed with the gain and the hz and put the db all the way up. So im pounding really hard on the volume of 4 and my amp (Kicker Zx 1000.1) go's to 11.. I dont want to give my sub to much power on the first day. So im rollin the streets of downtown hot springs and my (thinks hes hard) friends like "dude you got your system" and im like "yea broseph its tight" and hes like "its def not as loud as mine but it looks cool, i like the fi symbol" so im like yea ok cool..(he has 2 memphis Mojo 15's powered by a lanzar)..lol..(lanzar) so anywho he turns it up (cranks it up) and hes like yeaaaaya son..So im like alright then so i hit up that white girl and blew his Sh*t outa the water.

BUTTTT Thats enough for story time. The lows are insane for this system on the level i have it on my amp... but its really not touching some higher mids and highs very well at all and i know it can be fixed better then wut its at right now. How should i adjust my gain on my amp Its about 3/4 up and my hz are on about 175 out of 200..and the bass boost (Db) boost is all the way up to 18..What should i do to make it more dynamic with hitting all the notes???

If you read all this then we're def best friends..Ok leave some info or help please..love all of yall. :thanx:

k so dont blast the boost for it can damage your sub, got it ill put it on 15 or 16 out of 20 maby even 14..Any more suggestions on how to tune my gain or hz :fing34:

Don't use bass boost. Period. Not even 1/20. As far as setting the gains, I'd look here: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=3704

Edited by Big E

k so dont blast the boost for it can damage your sub, got it ill put it on 15 or 16 out of 20 maby even 14..Any more suggestions on how to tune my gain or hz :fing34:

Don't use bass boost. Period. Not even 1/20. As far as setting the gains, I'd look here: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=3704

i dont have any audio testing equipment sooooo a quick and easy way would be superb

Nick of Fi caraudio taught me one of the better ways to do this...

Turn the gains down on all your amps

TURN OFF ALL BASS BOOST PERIOD

Set your deck on the volume you usually play it at

Slowly adjust the gain on your amps up till you hear distortion

Then back down on the gains till the distortion subsides

you can do this with the Front stage amps as well...

Nick or anyone else if i am wrong please correct me

So im like alright then so i hit up that white girl and blew his Sh*t outa the water.

???????? Whats that mean????

BUTTTT Thats enough for story time. The lows are insane for this system on the level i have it on my amp... but its really not touching some higher mids and highs very well at all and i know it can be fixed better then wut its at right now. How should i adjust my gain on my amp Its about 3/4 up and my hz are on about 175 out of 200..and the bass boost (Db) boost is all the way up to 18..What should i do to make it more dynamic with hitting all the notes???

*pukes in mouth

You have your sub playing up to 175hz??? And you don't like the higher mids? If I set my crossover above 63hz I can't handle it, even though that is not going to help the false issue you have.

edit: your problem is with your front stage by the way

It does sound like your problem is you need to upgrade your mids as M5 has said. A subwoofer should really be crossed over around 60hz, if the bass sounds lacking when you do this, it means upgrade your door speakers. Get a good 4channel amp, and some good components. The upper bass lack is what good mids are meant to cover.

Captain chitstains deluxe- I believe That white girl is a song by USDA that has a very deep bassline throughout the whole song.

So im like alright then so i hit up that white girl and blew his Sh*t outa the water.

???????? Whats that mean????

White girl is a song by young jeezy i think thats what he means

and im like "yea broseph its tight"

Personally, I would run from anyone who actually talked like that in person.

and im like "yea broseph its tight"

Personally, I would run from anyone who actually talked like that in person.

lol...

Ever see the movie Malibu's Most Wanted?

and the bass boost (Db) boost is all the way up to 18..

You did.

And the attitude is totally unnecessary here.

and the bass boost (Db) boost is all the way up to 18..

You did.

And the attitude is totally unnecessary here.

jim why you gotta be such a noob

Just my nature :P

sweet, so i turned my bass boost all the way down, my gain about 1/5th up and my hz on about 70 out of 200..and my amp still gets hot, so i seperated my ground wire from my power wire and hopefully that will help. A friend told me that might do it..? Id run a fan but then id feel like i cracker rig'd it sooo im not gonna do that.

1/5th means nothing. You either need an ear to hear distortion or a dmm if you don't have the ear. What are you using for power wires and where are they run to?

1/5th means nothing. You either need an ear to hear distortion or a dmm if you don't have the ear. What are you using for power wires and where are they run to?

i have no doubt my wires are run correctly..my friend told me that if the grounded negative wire is touching the power wire then it can cause heating problems. Idk if it worked because i havent run it since i seperated them about an hour ago.

Im runing a kicker zx1000 to a Q 12 and the amp pushes 1225 watts rms. so i know that the amp is pushing the sub fine without trouble but i cant figure out why its getting hot. yall can prob tell im frustrated and if you cant I AM

: D thanks guys

my friend told me that if the grounded negative wire is touching the power wire then it can cause heating problems.

If the insulation is touching, no...if the conductors are touching, "heating problems" is a bit of an understatement :D