flakko

Where was I this past week?

yea the anime expo in long beach convention center...twas quite fun. there was a special showing of transformers on monday afternoon. it was a giant fan orgy. whenever an autobot transformed, the crowd just ROARED with excitement. an unforgettable experience.

THe con center:

IMG_0412.jpg

I was a giant tofu:

IMG_0232s.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Google this word:

IMG_0308.jpg

Its pikachu!

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

HARDGAY HOOOOOOOOOOO!

IMG_0321.jpg

I saw this on sunday night:

IMG_0342.jpg

and this on monday (they didnt alow pictures in the theater.

IMG_0387.jpg

I choose you, PIKACHU!

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Teh f0bnesszs

IMG_0445.jpg

TEH UUBER F0BNEZZZSSZ!!!!ONE!!!11!!

IMG_0446.jpg

we ended up at in n out. dude we were suuper f0by that night.

n6025008_34287629_5509.jpg

and yea thats pretty much it :)

Those are some cool pics, my sister always wants me to bring her to an anime convention. I might have to now. It looks like a little bit of fun.

Wow Jeremy....

I'm a huge anime fan HUGE...

I am currently watching Naruto and Bleach....

I used to have one of the biggest review sites on the net called Kiji-anime.... It was formerly called Saiyanzrage...

lol

Those are some cool pics, my sister always wants me to bring her to an anime convention. I might have to now. It looks like a little bit of fun.

dude....if its anything like Anime expo, and you are semi into anime, you will LOVE it. people dressing up, going completely into character, a whole crapload of random stuff goin on, anime playing 24/7, concerts, its a great time. next time you have the chance, go with your sister :)

Wow Jeremy....

I am currently watching Naruto and Bleach....

I used to have one of the biggest review sites on the net called Kiji-anime.... It was formerly called Saiyanzrage...

lol

hehe sweet. as am I. Do you go to any conventions? I'm watcing shippuuden right now, but have never really gotten into bleach. it seems like Bleach, naruto, and ff 7 are the biggest cosplay's oer there.

what are your 5 all time favorite anime?

mine are: Hoshi no Koe (one guy did it on his mac), Kare Kano, Death Note, Hellsing, Melancholy of Suziyama Haruhi

i'm suprised that there are other anime fans up in here, good to know that :)

dude....if its anything like Anime expo, and you are semi into anime, you will LOVE it. people dressing up, going completely into character, a whole crapload of random stuff goin on, anime playing 24/7, concerts, its a great time. next time you have the chance, go with your sister :)

Wow Jeremy....

3I am currently watching Naruto and Bleach....

lol

hehe sweet. as am I. Do you go to any conventions? I'm watcing shippuuden right now, but have never really gotten into bleach. it seems like Bleach, naruto, and ff 7 are the biggest cosplay's oer there.

what are your 5 all time favorite anime?

mine are: Hoshi no Koe (one guy did it on his mac), Kare Kano, Death Note, Hellsing, Melancholy of Suziyama Haruhi

i'm suprised that there are other anime fans up in here, good to know that :)

Top 5

1. TOP PICK BEST ANIME I'VE SEEN - > Beyond the clouds (The Place Promised In Our Early Days)

2. Hoshi no koe (Voices of a distant start), yeah he did it by himself there is a sequel though Gonzo studios i believe...

3. Last Exile

4. hikaru no go

tied below

5. Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

5. FLCL

honorable mention

grave of the fireflies

Cowboy bebop

wolfs rain

GITS

Kenshin - honor betrayal and reflections

Paranoia Agent

Ongoing fav

Bleach

naruto (best series i've watched so far up until the new hurricane chronicles)

Currently watching

Samurai 7

Samurai deeper kyo

Naruto

Bleach

looks liek you are a shounen fan ;)

was hikaru no go really that good? i have it but yet to watch it... i might have to now :)

grave of the fireflies was uber sad :(

have you see Perfect blue? crazy movie.

^^^^ x2 :+1:

lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

there was plenty over there....you should go just for the chicks....half nekked asian chicks.

Perfect blue took me two runs to understand what the hell was going on...

It was a good show though...

hikaru no go intrigued me since i like to play Chess....

I liked it a lot it has great character development one of the best i've seen....

Grave was really really sad... Make you call you siblings and "catch up"....

Yes i lean more toward action, suspense, humor and some mystery....

I can not sit and watch robots though... sorry not my thing at all..

I like old samurai, fighting, action tops...

but an occasional deep anime like Beyond the clouds will just catch me off guard...

truly is one of the best animes I've seen and I've seen close to over 120 series... (what can i say i have kids, my wife is half Japaneses and i speak Japaneses so eh it just goes without saying)...

Ironic that i don't have one lick of Japanese in me LOL.....

Perfect blue took me two runs to understand what the hell was going on...

It was a good show though...

hikaru no go intrigued me since i like to play Chess....

I liked it a lot it has great character development one of the best i've seen....

Grave was really really sad... Make you call you siblings and "catch up"....

Yes i lean more toward action, suspense, humor and some mystery....

I can not sit and watch robots though... sorry not my thing at all..

I like old samurai, fighting, action tops...

but an occasional deep anime like Beyond the clouds will just catch me off guard...

truly is one of the best animes I've seen and I've seen close to over 120 series... (what can i say i have kids, my wife is half Japaneses and i speak Japaneses so eh it just goes without saying)...

Ironic that i don't have one lick of Japanese in me LOL.....

you are so lucky, i wish i understood japanese so i can understand the TRUE meaning of the dialogue...like in Serial experiments LAIN, oh man i wish i knew EXACTLY what everyone was saying.

as for character developement, i thought Beck: the mongolian chop squad ruled. for anyone who likes rock, heck music in general, thats the show to watch.

haha you dont like gundam or robotech? after episode 26, gundam seed is my favorite mecha series to date. i think you will enjoy it.

have you seen Azumanga Daioh? that and FMP fumofu are my favorite comedies :)

Azumanga Daioh i've seen that... it's alright too much school girls LOL my daughter likes it...

Only robot movie i watched was Robotech all 3 generations and Evangeleon (spelling?)

Eva was tolerable... Robotech was one of the first animes i seen.... next was Akira....

Yeah lain was a pretty freaky anime... caught me off guard I mean young lain and a dead girl contacting each other... threw me back a bit (came out in i think like 99 one of the first animes i saw)... reminded me of the matrix in some ways (what's real and what dream world)...

elfen lied is pretty good to...

Also try take a look at Flame of recca and man i forgot about one of my all time favorites as well Scrapped Princess and Tenjou Tenge

I loved scrapped princess

I also enjoyed Tenjou Tenge (very interesting anime about a shool of elite martial artist and these boys go from school to school beating up kids till they come to this school and a young boy puts an ass beating to them) Pretty sweet anime but the ending is where everyone is on the fence...

the meat of the show is freaking awsome though...

and the best OVA of all time

Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence

utterly amazing OVA on a great series...

Edited by theabunai

Azumanga Daioh i've seen that... it's alright too much school girls LOL my daughter likes it...

Only robot movie i watched was Robotech all 3 generations and Evangeleon (spelling?)

Eva was tolerable... Robotech was one of the first animes i seen.... next was Akira....

Yeah lain was a pretty freaky anime... caught me off guard I mean young lain and a dead girl contacting each other... threw me back a bit (came out in i think like 99 one of the first animes i saw)... reminded me of the matrix in some ways (what's real and what dream world)...

elfen lied is pretty good to...

Also try take a look at Flame of recca and man i forgot about one of my all time favorites as well Scrapped Princess and Tenjou Tenge

I loved scrapped princess

I also enjoyed Tenjou Tenge (very interesting anime about a shool of elite martial artist and these boys go from school to school beating up kids till they come to this school and a young boy puts an ass beating to them) Pretty sweet anime but the ending is where everyone is on the fence...

the meat of the show is freaking awsome though...

and the best OVA of all time

Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence

utterly amazing OVA on a great series...

mmm ive seen flame of recca like 5 years ago? it was pretty good. i saw the first episode of elfen lied and i was like wat the heck?!?? lol that was insane, ill check out tenjou tenge sounds kinda like baki the grappler. not very deep, but it keeps you hooked :)

both of those kenshin ovas were sad dude :( my favorite OVA would have to be the HEllsing ultimate ova. that series is EVIL...pun intended.

im guessing you like makoto shinkai's work? (Hoshi no koe, beyond the clouds) have you seen 3cm per second? simply amazing. dudes artwork is like the best ive seen so far.

have you looked into any other newer series' other than bleach and naruto? whats good thats new? other than those 2 im gonna finish watching death note, and currently watching lucky star.

some of the newer ones i am looking forward to is 666 Satan

if you likes azum. daioh the try lucky star....

I have Afro samurai on my pc right now i haven't seen it yet...

samurai champloo is another one i haven't watched yet...

New series... hmmm hard to say i try to wait till it's established a bit before wasting my ratio LOL

the next big thing (next naruto) is gonna probably 666 Satan.....

I'll try to go through some of my sources for some new series...

Have you watched Naruto ? You know people are on the fence about Naruto but i promise you watch the fansub versions this is gonna be one of the best series for TV in anime... IMO it has everything..... DL and watch MORE then the first 5..... it starts of kidlike but it quickly grows to have so much more depth...

If you like Death note you'd probably like Bleach... Similar type story..

some of the newer ones i am looking forward to is 666 Satan

if you likes azum. daioh the try lucky star....

I have Afro samurai on my pc right now i haven't seen it yet...

samurai champloo is another one i haven't watched yet...

New series... hmmm hard to say i try to wait till it's established a bit before wasting my ratio LOL

the next big thing (next naruto) is gonna probably 666 Satan.....

I'll try to go through some of my sources for some new series...

Have you watched Naruto ? You know people are on the fence about Naruto but i promise you watch the fansub versions this is gonna be one of the best series for TV in anime... IMO it has everything..... DL and watch MORE then the first 5..... it starts of kidlike but it quickly grows to have so much more depth...

If you like Death note you'd probably like Bleach... Similar type story..

im watching lucky star right now. ive seen the 1st episode of afro samurai...sam jackson is funny in that one lol.

Freakin samurai champloo barely got cut from my top 5 list...its brilliant how they integrated the hip-hop culture into samurai culture...the music is top notch, and action does not dissapoint. WATCH IT NOW!

Im watching naruto shippuuden right now...just finnished 19. I stopped naruto (original series) at 150 something when the fillers started, and picked it up again at shippuuden. I find that show a lot like dragon ball z....freakin talking for 3 episodes and then when they are about to fight, episode is over. but when the fight occurs it rocks. i hate what cartoon network did with the series...i wish they showed unedited japanese w/ subs instead of the butchered americanized crap.

i guess i can start watching bleach lol only saw like 2 episodes at the anime expo 2 years ago. ill check 666 satan out. sounds evil. artwork reminds me a little of one piece.

chekc out http://fansub.tv direct downloads without ratio wasting. download speeds arent all that great tho.

Oh also http://baka-updates.com/ are non ratio based...

http://www.tokyotosho.com/

http://a.scarywater.net/

my 3 main places...

Yeah I have the entire samurai champloo I will watch it lol..

Oh man flakko we are alike in so many ways... I stopped naruto once the fillers came in...

pissed me off they didn't get to the Kakashi arc.... I wanted to see the 4th hokage....

Oh well the shippuuden is a bit interesting to see him a bit grown up.... but still, that kakashi arc is on my mind lol...

Yupp that is the ONLY draw back about naruto,, the flashbacks are insane.... it's like they flashback just in case you just began watching the series around ep 90 so they flashback to catch you up...

Oh also http://baka-updates.com/ are non ratio based...

http://www.tokyotosho.com/

http://a.scarywater.net/

my 3 main places...

Yeah I have the entire samurai champloo I will watch it lol..

Oh man flakko we are alike in so many ways... I stopped naruto once the fillers came in...

pissed me off they didn't get to the Kakashi arc.... I wanted to see the 4th hokage....

Oh well the shippuuden is a bit interesting to see him a bit grown up.... but still, that kakashi arc is on my mind lol...

Yupp that is the ONLY draw back about naruto,, the flashbacks are insane.... it's like they flashback just in case you just began watching the series around ep 90 so they flashback to catch you up...

ooh yea i use tokyotosho and animesuki for torrent stuff. lol yes we are alike. its wierd que no? :)

yes WATCH IT! if you are into the hip-hop culture you will love it even more.

i havent read the manga, whats the kakashi arc? is it like his history and how he grew up and stuff?

well right after the part where Sasuke runs off (after Kakashi goes to that place they batted with the two statues of the previous hokages) It's supposed to go into the next arc which is a flashback about Kakashi and how he got his Sharingan..

It also showcases some of the 4th Hokages jutsu... the 3rd hokage trained Jiraiya and jiraiya trained the 4th hokage and the 4th trained Obito (which is an uchiha I believe sasukes cousin), a female named Rin and Kakashi...

Kakashi hated Obito cause he thought Obito was not serious enough about being a ninja.. Obito gave his life to save Kakashi and as he was dying told him that as a gift for being the first of them three to become a jounin Kakashi must promise to take his one good Sharingan eye and use it... Rin was a medical ninja in training and did the transplant. That explains why kakashi is all about team work and when you dont work together can cause someone to die. in fact kakashi favorite line is actually one that obito told im time and time again, a person who doesn't care about his team mates is worse then trash. It all makes everything clear in the early parts of naruto, Why Kakashi was chosen to be their team leader, since naruto was like Obito and kakashi like Sasuke and Sakura like Rin... Same as previous, Oochimaru like sasuke, Jiraiya like naruto and tsunade like Rin...

It has something to do about this pattern....

It shows the 4th training them and how Kakashi learned to use the Eye. They also show a few fights where the 4th shows some of his RARE jutsu, and why so many including itachi feared him, It also goes in depth of what Akatsuki is, they are after the 9 legendary beast... i stopped reading anymore since i didn't want to spoil it...

then they let me down and didn't show it...

Maan suck ass if you ask me i was pissed..

Edited by theabunai

My cousin just got back from one of those. I've not really wanted to go to one of THOSE but I've wanted to go to the events they have for computer games. I forgot what they are called. Like all the people from Everquest or all the people from world of warcraft....it's actually pretty cool to meet the people from the guilds you are competing with.

I'm not saying I don't like anime because I do. I watched bleach up to episode 112 and then I stopped. I haven't been keeping up with it since. But it was fuc*ing bad ass when ichigo fought captain Zaraki Kenpachi and captain Kuchiki Byakuya. But the whole story that they did after the episode 60's about the bounts(you know to let the manga get a little further along) was stupid...I hated it.

The other shows I've loved and watched:

Outlaw Star

Eureka Seven

Samurai Champloo

Macross plus(the movie)

Those are the only shows I've watched from start to end, I've got full Metal Alchemist downloaded just haven't ever watched it. I have Samurai 7 downloaded as well but it looks kind of stupid so I've never watched it.

I'll have to ask my cousin were the convention was at that he went to, because he literally just got back.

Damn i have Samurai 7 too haven't watched it at all...

If you liked Bleach you should give Naruto a try.. the fights are bad ass.... as well Tenjou Tenge

Yeah that is the only thing i hate about series they do some stupid off-shoot fillers to let the manga get ahead..... so stupid...

Full metal alchemist is a great series.. you gotta give it time to develope though so don't be discouraged by the first few eps...

Naruto ftw

Edited by theabunai

Yaoi (やおい) is a publishing genre which originated in Japan and often encompasses manga, dōjinshi, anime, and fan art. It focuses on homosexual relationships between male characters and is generally sexually explicit.

Nice tofu costume, lol. Not my thing, glad you had fun. I've seen a few of the more common movies, I'm not into it enough to remember what they were though.

half nekked asian chicks.

Where are these pictures????

:(

Yaoi (やおい) is a publishing genre which originated in Japan and often encompasses manga, dōjinshi, anime, and fan art. It focuses on homosexual relationships between male characters and is generally sexually explicit.

Nice tofu costume, lol. Not my thing, glad you had fun. I've seen a few of the more common movies, I'm not into it enough to remember what they were though.

thanks :) yaoi is VERY VERY popular over there for some reason...

I have Samurai 7 downloaded as well but it looks kind of stupid so I've never watched it.
have you seen akira kurosawa's classic "Seven samurai"? its an old black and white samurai film and it is held as one of the greatest japanese movies ever. although i tend to disagree (i thought it was kinda boring) the series brings the good parts of the movie out and expands on it. IMO VERY VERY good series. had me hooked :)

you know what, i didnt get any. i should have . next year. next year.

IMG_0398.jpg

Check out the dude on the right :) I think he is staring at her pikachu :D

half nekked asian chicks.

:(

Post 'em up!!