Koridan

Fatmat is a hoax......

Still no response and still no offer of a sample to test. I'm losing faith :)

I have the card for the president of MFM sitting in my office here, if Steve doesn't respond I suppose I could call him :)

I notice that Peel and Seal has three patents - 4,936,938; 5,096,759 and 5,142,837

I notice that Peel and Seal has three patents - 4,936,938; 5,096,759 and 5,142,837

For applying asphalt to a foil/poly laminate :) I've never said P&S wasn't suitable for its intended application - may even be ideal. It just isn't very good for use in a motor vehicle for sound deadening.

While SteveFatMat's lurking and failure to comment on all of the information that has been forthcoming since his press release isn't making me any more optimistic, I wan to repeat my invitation to have him send me 4 8" squares to test. If what his sites say is true, people should know that FatMat has changed and SDS can be very helpful in that regard - I just don't think I should have to buy samples to test. I bought enough to test several years ago and have had FatMat customers send me other pieces to look at in the interim. SteveFatMat, I will give you a fair shake. Just get me some product. Several hundred people read SDS each and every day. That should certainly help you get the word out. New version coming soon!

Don, the stuff isn't that expensive to purchase. You would be surprised at how many times I get asked for free stuff from folks wishing to 'help me promote it'. If I followed through on every request, I'd be <much> broker than I am now.

If you purchase it, there is no obligation to the manufacturer - meaning you owe them nothing. You can then do your tests and report your unbiased opinion(s) on it.

Best,

Mark

Don, the stuff isn't that expensive to purchase. You would be surprised at how many times I get asked for free stuff from folks wishing to 'help me promote it'. If I followed through on every request, I'd be <much> broker than I am now.

If you purchase it, there is no obligation to the manufacturer - meaning you owe them nothing. You can then do your tests and report your unbiased opinion(s) on it.

Best,

Mark

to further marks's sentiments rudy, if you purchase it, there can be no bias. if steve gave it to you, and it turned out to be what he claims it is (which from reading your previous posts, i doubt), one could argue you gave it a good review because it was free. this happens alot, especially online.

however, that being said, with steve lurking so much, i would think it's almost obligatory for him to send you at least two samples just to make up for what has gone on here. you buy two, he sends you two. compromise. otherwise, i think steve needs to stay gone. if he can't back up claims, he doesn't need to be here.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Best,

Mark

to further marks's sentiments rudy, if you purchase it, there can be no bias. if steve gave it to you, and it turned out to be what he claims it is (which from reading your previous posts, i doubt), one could argue you gave it a good review because it was free. this happens alot, especially online.

however, that being said, with steve lurking so much, i would think it's almost obligatory for him to send you at least two samples just to make up for what has gone on here. you buy two, he sends you two. compromise. otherwise, i think steve needs to stay gone. if he can't back up claims, he doesn't need to be here.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Love how you two want to spend my money. I've spend hundreds buying sound deadener just for testing, including FatMat. Problem is, my name is known in the industry so unless I create an alias for ordering, the manufacturers are going to know anyway. How about one of you order some and send it to me? This is a hobby and something I do as a public service. As far as me trying to scam sound deadener, 1.78 square feet at a time and being influenced by such a "gift" says a lot more about the fragility of both of your ethics than it does about mine. You guys are unbelievable.

Best,

Mark

Love how you two want to spend my money. I've spend hundreds buying sound deadener just for testing, including FatMat. Problem is, my name is known in the industry so unless I create an alias for ordering, the manufacturers are going to know anyway. How about one of you order some and send it to me? This is a hobby and something I do as a public service. As far as me trying to scam sound deadener, 1.78 square feet at a time and being influenced by such a "gift" says a lot more about the fragility of both of your ethics than it does about mine. You guys are unbelievable.

excuse me? you've spent hundreds on deadener just to test, but $20 more is just too much? your name is sooooo well known, you can't just ask for samples? and you're so fair and unbiased, evidently people jump at the opportunity to send it to ya. i see that now. please forgive my ignorance.

do me a favor, i was in your corner, but get off your highhorse. you're unbelievable. we just made a simple suggestion, nothing more, nothing less. nevermind.....

nothing i could type would touch your aloofness. you're far better then i....what was i thinking?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Best,

Mark

excuse me? you've spent hundreds on deadener just to test, but $20 more is just too much? your name is sooooo well known, you can't just ask for samples? and you're so fair and unbiased, evidently people jump at the opportunity to send it to ya. i see that now. please forgive my ignorance.

do me a favor, i was in your corner, but get off your highhorse. you're unbelievable. we just made a simple suggestion, nothing more, nothing less. nevermind.....

nothing i could type would touch your aloofness. you're far better then i....what was i thinking?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Gee, must have forgotten my place. Later.

Best,

Mark

Gee, must have forgotten my place. Later.

Your last post leads me to believe you have...

I dont see Alma Gates saying..."My name should prove to you that I am important and you should send me free chit"

You've spent hundreds on sound deadening...big deal. If you cant handle the "servise" you feel you are providing...its simple...stop.

I am on no ones side, but you come in here and bash Steve and then practically demand free samples? Lawls...nope, I'd tell you to piss off.

Now if Steve's claims are invalid you can prove him wrong or find deatails to support your opinion, but this is not your house and your name means poo here. We like proof.

I dont really care for fatmat, or any other sound deadening company in particular, and I feel that your ego has surpassed your name.

Finally, Id be happy to send you samples of any companies deadening. You will however be paying total costs out of my pocket to do so.

Hmmm...

Well, *you* did start the tests didn't you? It is *you* who wishes to continue testing it, correct? *You* did say it was a hobby after all, and I recall you even state on your site (more than once I believe) that the tests you perform are unscientific. No company is obliged to send you anything, and that is a fact.

Regarding ethics, I know where I sit. I think you should question your own, especially since you, rather forcefully I might add, requested *free* product from the company you have been badgering for awhile now.

Funny though, you say you are 'well known' in the industry. Do you not have a friend who can order it on your behalf?

Hmmm...

Well, *you* did start the tests didn't you? It is *you* who wishes to continue testing it, correct? *You* did say it was a hobby after all, and I recall you even state on your site (more than once I believe) that the tests you perform are unscientific. No company is obliged to send you anything, and that is a fact.

Regarding ethics, I know where I sit. I think you should question your own, especially since you, rather forcefully I might add, requested *free* product from the company you have been badgering for awhile now.

Funny though, you say you are 'well known' in the industry. Do you not have a friend who can order it on your behalf?

Rudy- I'm with these guys on this one.. you have always seemed to be a stand up guy, but these posts.. wow. your arrogance is astounding! you bash a company (maybe for good reason) and then want free stuff? WOW. as far as mark's ethics.. i have dealt with mark personally (as have many others here, iirc) and from the mach 5 business front.. OUTSTANDING service, and a very nice product, at a more than fair price. his ethics are just fine from my experience:) yours.. are now in question. i also will throw it in.. ill gladly order you some fatmat.. however, i will need to be paid by you in advance:) pm me if my services are needed:)

I have a solution. SSA will buy the 4 pieces needed for Don's test. Will that make everyone happy? I live not to far from Don and maybe one occasion when I drive out to my mothers house, I could stop by and see the results for myself. Sound unbiased enough?

Why bother? It is his "project". Let him continue it on his own.

Ok people I am very sorry for leaving this hanging for so long, I left my computer logged in and had to go out for business. I am back and have read most of the post. I am going to address all issues tonight and set the record Stright. Once again I wasn't MIA, I was just very busy the last 2 days.

Ok people I am very sorry for leaving this hanging for so long, I left my computer logged in and had to go out for business. I am back and have read most of the post. I am going to address all issues tonight and set the record Stright. Once again I wasn't MIA, I was just very busy the last 2 days.

I am glad you posted again and look forward to your response.

As am I. Nobody is more interested in having another good sound deadener company around. Those that think I have been too harsh may not realize how badly FatMat has behaved in the past.

As am I. Nobody is more interested in having another good sound deadener company around. Those that think I have been too harsh may not realize how badly FatMat has behaved in the past.

its more.. your snide comments towards 2 well respected members of the board than fatmat..

harsh?? lol, not harsh...arrogant, aloof, elitest..should i go on?

no, the truth is, i would love to see you test his product, as i said in my first post. i even think he should match what you buy, so you're not out all the money. but again...

whatever. FatMat may have indeed behaved badly in the past, you've shown links to that, great! i don't doubt that you know what you are doing, especially since aaron backs you. but you still attacked two members here, one a manufacturer himself, about ethics and such because we suggested a compromise of sorts? again, get off your high horse bro. visitor nailed it....

and steve...i suggest sending don samples at either a discounted price or some other agreed upon method. or get gone. simple as that. past history of the FatMat name isn't good, so what do you have to lose?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Heh, you have a funny way of showing it. If you think they are so bad, ignore them and move on. It is that simple. You have reported on the products you tested, and everyday folks read your test results. Everyday, folks make decisions based on these results. Why push it?

Like I already mentioned I by no means am trying to avoid any comments made here, we have nothing to hide. We have been very busy forming FatMat. The sites, registration information, customer support, shipping, new products and so on. This is a very long post and it is difficult knowing were to start, but lets start with the reason this post started, a customer didn't get his product. I do not spend a lot my time on the net and never forums. I stumbled across this and felt the necessity to make a post As you guys can see from looking at the registration information we did not take over FatMat until September 2007, this customer was not our customer, we have no records of any past customers. When we formed the Corporation we did so not assuming any debt of the previous owners We are addressing these on a case by case basis and as a sales policy helped out. And for the record. I have never contacted Rudy/Don and never been involved in FatMat or any other sound deadening company before September. You all probably know that by now.

Ok next topic is the content of FatMat. To be honest I can not say much about this. But FatMat is a rubberized mastic material. It is not Butyl and I had no idea that was on the new site. Our web designer has taken that off the site and those claims will not be made. Basically when the new site was designed our designer transferred most content from the former site. I never realized that the previous owners even claimed this, but would like to thank you for pointing that out and would like you to know once again that the content has been and is being updated. I am not going to go into detail on this subject to much yet either, but would like you to know that FatMat has 2 butyl products coming aboard within the next month or so. This will give customers a choice between a rubberized mastic and a butyl product. As far as we know we will have the thickest butyl product available in the sound dampening industry. I hope this settles any question anyone has had on the ingredients of FatMat. We also had a meeting with the customer support team and informed them all that FatMat is not butyl, they used the website prior to this to help answer support questions!

The next topic I want to cover is if a product does not contain butyl is it any good. Well here you can see the answers for yourself with over 500 praises in a few months.

http://feedback.eBay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dell...edback2&use rid=noise-killers&&flab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&aid=120204256304

I know that Rudy has a thing he thinks he has to prove to the entire world that if the mat isn't butyl it's no good, but Rudy is certainly very wrong about this if this is what he believes. You see butyl is better than others in most all areas and we do agree on this, however asphalt and or rubberized mastic are very effective as well and very inexpensive and if they are applied properly than they will not fall off, nor will you be able to pull it off, this applies to it being installed sideways, flat or upside-down. Rudy has a very hard case on his hands here because almost every single sound dampening company sells both products, even dynamat original was asphalt. There is a reason for this and that is because it does work very good, and adheres just as good as butyl. Rudy may say that in time everyone of these customers are going to be mad because sooner or later the mat will fall off, but we certainly cannot defend a sooner or later.

Also Rudy the reason that companies don't want to send you product is because your entire operation is just to odd and can be manipulated so easily, even unintentionally. Suppose your oven doesn't heat evenly, suppose there was a bit of oil on a surface. That is why we have ASTM testing labs, they cost thousands to have products tested yet they also provide accurate and unbiased results. Your operation is just to armature for any company to feel comfortable with. The other issue that I have seen questioned is how does anyone know that your not affiliated with Second Skin, Raamat or someone else? Your word to some may mean something, but to a company like ours you have to understand our view.

Don/Rudy you have acted very bodily in the past month without knowing the facts. I would suggest that you try and make sure that you stay updated before you start ripping on a company that is bending over backwards to try and satisfy customers, even ones that aren't ours. Being in the industry that we are in we know where most of our competitors get their products, we also know where dynamat gets theirs made. We also know that you did a review on 2 products that are manufactured by the same company and you gave them different results. One last thing that bothers us is that when you did this sound debate you rated FatMat at 50 mil and it was actually only 45 mil, don't you at least have the sophistication of measuring the products thickness? Trust me I am not trying to attack you, but just am curious as to how much effort you actually put in this! If your going to do this showdown you really need to resort to doing all the tests possible and a lot more accurate, I know that it's hard to do in your kitchen, but just be fair Rudy! I seen that you placed an order today, we are going to refund you your money and send you out the FatMat and Rattle Trap you need for your testing, (We can afford it), but we pretty much already know the outcome you have doomed us for, but we are willing to give you a chance, we already know how well FatMat performs. I do understand that the claims that you made are on the old materials, I also understand that you did not realize that FatMat was bought out, but I cannot ignore the fact that you do not take the time to stay up to date on the facts! I