Mark LaFountain

SSA going to help out Realmofexcursion.com

Sorry for getting off topic, but since some of the ROE crew is showing up I figured I would at least ask...

What happened with Mass Destruction? I heard some shit went down on ROE but it appears to have all been deleted.

The idiots on ROE would be weeded out if the mods had the power to take care of them and not give out "warnings"........

Can't you give them multiple warnings till it stunts their posting?

We can warn someone into oblivion here. They still exist as a user, but they can no longer post until we decide to either decrease the warning level or until mark or aaron ban them.

Sorry for getting off topic, but since some of the ROE crew is showing up I figured I would at least ask...

What happened with Mass Destruction? I heard some chit went down on ROE but it appears to have all been deleted.

Horrible business practices. Like they took preorder money from people and they didnt even have the woofers in there possession. along with many other things

The idiots on ROE would be weeded out if the mods had the power to take care of them and not give out "warnings"........

We can warn someone into oblivion here. They still exist as a user, but they can no longer post until we decide to either decrease the warning level or until mark or aaron ban them.

All we can do when people cause trouble is give them warnings/infractions

3 infractions=3 day ban. Only 3 days. so they could come back and cause trouble. Then we can only do another 3 day ban which is BS. Try to contact shon when its a troublesome person to give the permaban. Nope not around. So its basically pointless :?

if we give them 3 warnings, they automatically get a 3 day ban. It's not an IP ban, so most just create new accounts and cause trouble, and even then after 3 days they are automatically let back in.

If there's a spammer who only posts twice, we can't do anything about it except for delete the posts, they can come back 3 times before we can give them a 3 day ban.

Don't take me wrong here, my issue is with Shon, not with any of the SSA crew, since we've brought this up many times before and nothing was ever done about it. I have nothing against SSaudio or denim, I have utmost respect for the guys.

And although I'm a ROE moderator, I like this site a lot, and I frequent it often, it's kept under control and I like the atmosphere and the people here. Reminds me of ROE a couple years ago before the kids showed up.

Edited by stratusrt01

Strat, you are right, its a shame that the admin rights you have been asking about havent been handed down to you, you are one of the few at ROE that i actually respect over there, you and DraGGin Low as well as a few others, but the list is short. i hang out there and just read mostly anymore. ROE was one of the first forums i hit when i jumped back in the realm of car audio and i felt as if i was being treated like i was an idiot by most just for asking a few questions.

Edited by kandiman

It sounds a lot like what was happening to CA.com before the mods got ban privileges there too.

That's a bummer. The forum software looks similar to what we're running here, so maybe Mark can modify it a bit to help with the problems.

Don't quote me on any of this btw. :)

fake edit: awww its still just vBulletin with a pretty skin.

the banhammer options might be limited then.

It sounds a lot like what was happening to CA.com before the mods got ban privileges there too.

That's a bummer. The forum software looks similar to what we're running here, so maybe Mark can modify it a bit to help with the problems.

Don't quote me on any of this btw. :)

fake edit: awww its still just vBulletin with a pretty skin.

the banhammer options might be limited then.

CA.com uses vB right? If so, there is plenty of banning power. Trust me. ;)

CA.com uses vB right? If so, there is plenty of banning power. Trust me. ;)

You know how do ban people? :foshizzle:

lol

if we give them 3 warnings, they automatically get a 3 day ban. It's not an IP ban, so most just create new accounts and cause trouble, and even then after 3 days they are automatically let back in.

If there's a spammer who only posts twice, we can't do anything about it except for delete the posts, they can come back 3 times before we can give them a 3 day ban.

Don't take me wrong here, my issue is with Shon, not with any of the SSA crew, since we've brought this up many times before and nothing was ever done about it. I have nothing against SSaudio or denim, I have utmost respect for the guys.

And although I'm a ROE moderator, I like this site a lot, and I frequent it often, it's kept under control and I like the atmosphere and the people here. Reminds me of ROE a couple years ago before the kids showed up.

i didn't realize you guys were that limited..... An active admin should definately help. That and give you guys some more bite.

You make it sound like things are better now :D

How much power does SSA have over the RoE forums? Can SSA make Admins? If SSA have that power, then one of the first thing to do is make dragginlow and stratus admins.

Anyway, I have an accound on both sites. I got introduced SSA when I purchased my Stereo Integrity Mag, and SI being part of this forum. Before that, I got introduced to RoE because of the 12" Challenge.

How much power does SSA have over the RoE forums? Can SSA make Admins? If SSA have that power, then one of the first thing to do is make dragginlow and stratus admins.

Anyway, I have an accound on both sites. I got introduced SSA when I purchased my Stereo Integrity Mag, and SI being part of this forum. Before that, I got introduced to RoE because of the 12" Challenge.

I think you confuse the term "admin" with the only people who can Ban users. In vB you can set access levels and then hand out banning priviliges to people with a high enough access level. Its almost like how we have moderators, super mods and then the admins here. Except for the fact that only Aaron and Mark can perma-ban.

I don't know if you can add a warning meter in vB like we have here. It might be an Invision only thing.

It'd be a good idea to add one there.

we can't hand admin rights out to any users. This is way to much power, and could be abused. Also you'd have the rights to delete the entire forum, that woudn't be good for any sites. Only admins on any site should be the owners/care takers.

super moderator rights on the other hand, thats a totally diff thing. Super mods can do a wide variety of things on a forum, including banning

hey, glad you guys are helping out over there. like ngsm mentioned, i love the site, hate the forum there. take the captain, he'll set a few screws tight!!

and i agree with mark about admin powers. way too much to screw up. set it like we have here, super mod, mod, etc, and things will be different. even here, super mods can ban indefinitely, but not IP ban.

and this site is about the best run site out there (save for me, but someone has to stir shit, hehe), tis why i call it home!!

way to step up mark, aaron!! cudo's bro's!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

:spams:Ya, thanks for coming over there and banning folks for no reason. Also, thanks for banning an employee of a sponsor on ROE as well. So, when are you going to un-ban se_rdaudio, or when are you going to give a refund? :shtf:

Ya, thanks for coming over there and banning folks for no reason. Also, thanks for banning an employee of a sponsor on ROE as well. So, when are you going to un-ban se_rdaudio, or when are you going to give a refund?

Listen here ass tard. All bans on ROE were talked about by the WHOLE mod team on ROE. If you have a problem with that, you can take your business else where.

As far as refunds go, if you bought something from ROE, then you need to take it up with Shon. Mark and Aaron are over there to monitor/control the forums and nothing more at this point. Shon hasn't given them the ability to deal with the store.

Now, take your crap else where.

:spams:Ya, thanks for coming over there and banning folks for no reason. Also, thanks for banning an employee of a sponsor on ROE as well. So, when are you going to un-ban se_rdaudio, or when are you going to give a refund? :shtf:

Please don't think your special, you were among a list of people who were breaking the rules (TOS) / spamming the forum / not contributing / flaming members / using it for your person gain / product bashing / disrespecting the forum or owner. Get your facts straight, stop lying to people, stop product pushing, and keep your spam on your own forum. ROE has built up a horrible reputation, due people who have no respect for it and it needs a serious over haul and house cleaning. You are attacking the wrong people for the wrong reasons. End of story.

SSA has been successful for a long time, grown at a steady rate, and never had problems with people like the problems that ROE/CAF/Ecoustics/CA has. Why? Because none of what is listed above is allowed period.

This thread can now be closed since Shon has not returned phone calls, emails, or PM's. So we are just helping clean up the forum and try to get it running smoothly again.

Decided to open the topic back up because I know a few people have more feelings on the subject.

Guest zedman

Thank you for running this site the way you guys do. It is actually the only site I am a member of due to those very facts. I even was going to SMD for awhile and the moderators and long time members were the worst offenders of it. Steve himself is ok but the rest are worthless in my opinion, it wasnt worth the hassle. but that is why there are awesome forums like this one. Have an awesome day. Z.

Edited by zedman

Thanks for the kind words zed, love your amps. Jealous.

Guest zedman

I hope you mean the one we are running. fing05.gif Thanks. I am thinking of buying a few more and changing the ones out in my wifes car. any way Have a great day. Z

Yeah it is out of hand

I treid to sell my Us amps over there and some tard started posting prices that were just a few hairs above mine but for a much earlier model... Some people are pucking tards over there... which is why my post count here is almost 1K and my post count there is like 20

Edited by theabunai

agreed with just about everything...i tried to go one ROE for a few days...some people there are just ignorant arsehos..there are the smart respectable people there but a lot of quote on quote "E- thugs"

lol

clean that site up and keep up the awsome work here!

I hope you mean the one we are running. fing05.gif Thanks. I am thinking of buying a few more and changing the ones out in my wifes car. any way Have a great day. Z

I am just waiting to have some saved up for myself, it is my ZED love that is keeping them on the forum. ;)