Sign in to follow this  
Jookbocsbettie

Fi Q- WhAt ArE yOu UsInG?

I've scanned the forum and seen some suggestions on what amp to use to power a single Fi Q. I want to know what amp you guys are using if you have it and how well does the amp perform as well as cost.

I thought it worked fine with the PG Tantrum 1200.1 when I tried one, slightly under 1kW was all that was needed...if that.

I'm grossly overpowering my Q12 with a US Amps USA-2000x (2000x1) - pre-sell out model. No BP option either.

Paid $600 used on ebay.

When I get my 15Q, I will be running it off of my MD2d at 2 ohms with just over 1kw

Cadence TXA-1000d. I was clipping it so bad the felt underneath melted and the dreaded tinsel slap reared its ugly, obnoxious as hell self. So, I grabbed some new felt soaked it with some spray adhesive and showed that tinsel slap whose boss! Now, its all peachy and kicks mucho a$$! I just wish I knew the true rms of the amp to set the gain to the max w/o clippin it.

What options on the Q did you all get to get the most output from the amp

Options on the sub won't get you more output from the amp...only the coil configuration will do that.

i'm using a fosgate p1000-1bd, tested 1230 rms out of the box. of course not getting all that power to it. it's really slamming, but i want to upgrade to something that's closer to 2000 watts, i'm a basshead, and i honestly think after calculations that i'm probably only getting maybe 900 watts to the sub after voltage loss and wiring power loss. the sub seems hungry for more power. of course i got the bp power option.

very nice, what did that amp test at out of the box??? 3000 rms i'm guessing? you can probably put even more on those Q's, if bp power

I have to be honest. I'm stealing ideas. How many Qs and what are the specs of the boxes? While I'm at it, how about your front stage? Does the bass overpower or what?

While I'm at it, how about your front stage? Does the bass overpower or what?

That's totally dependent on how power-happy and volume-happy you get, and how much planning you've put into the front stage...

When I listened to it, I didn't need any more than 900W, and no BP option was needed because that's all it took to become noticeable. Once a sub gets loud enough to be located, it's useless to go louder to me...

sae 1000D sundown on my 12" fi q, does 1000 @ 1 ohm on a d2 fi q with no options and it slams so hard in my 2.5 cu ft @ 30 hz box and stays flat and sounds amazing all the way through...

i have just as many watts going to my front stage almost =].

i have 100 watts to my front stage mid bass's 80 to midranges 70 watts to my tweets power coming from a 100.4 and 100.2 sundown amps.

i thinking of selling the 1000D because im upgrading to 1500D when i add another q soon. pm me if u intrested. it the 1st prototype and has year half of warrenty great condition

if not any amp around 1k watts is perfect

im using a USAmps XT4000 but weill be selling the amp soon and runing something else

Sign in to follow this