pimpedout97x

mini cooper wall thread, version 2

painted the flekstone a little further down as i dont know how the flush baffle will be, so i painted it for the hell of it

CIMG1518.jpg

made the bottom trim panel.

theres a few gaps on both sides, not worth wasting that much more birch for. ill cut a little shim piece from a scrap piece of birch and glue it on the edge of the trim piece to fill that gap, then cover it with suede or vinyl. i think im gonna wrap it in headliner fabric first to add some padding/thickness to it around the edges, and itll make around the cupholder console thing look more rounded too.

CIMG1519.jpg

CIMG1520.jpg

CIMG1521.jpg

CIMG1522.jpg

CIMG1523.jpg

Poor Poor Mini. . . :(

Please tell me you don't plan on driving this daily. . .

The build is impressive though.

door panels i havent finished yet lol

Poor Poor Mini. . . :(

Please tell me you don't plan on driving this daily. . .

The build is impressive though.

its daily.

for now.

thanks.

i painted black over the port, it looks OK....not sure if im liking the flat that i used, i have a can of gloss i might shoot a little area with gloss black and see how it looks... i sort of like the gloss anyways becuase it looks "wet" since its got the gloss to it. the flat sort of looks cheap now that i painted over the texture.

Looks great so far!!!

I think you should try satin black. it will look 10x better than gloss.

just my opinion though...

gotta hold someone hostage inside the box, to draw the circles on the final baffle from the inside, so i can cut it.

someones gonna be mad.

CIMG1545.jpg

CIMG1546.jpg

CIMG1547.jpg

CIMG1548.jpg

CIMG1549.jpg

CIMG1550.jpg

CIMG1552.jpg

snug fit against the carpet

CIMG1553.jpg

CIMG1554.jpg

scratchin up my F'n panels i had covered...ill figure something out..

CIMG1555.jpg

CIMG1556.jpg

too close?

CIMG1558.jpg

i can drive fine with the seat closer up though. im not tall.

got a nice little space behind the seat..wonder what will go there????

carputer :)

CIMG1559.jpg

CIMG1561.jpg

CIMG1562.jpg

CIMG1564.jpg

left a little lip on purpose

CIMG1566.jpg

CIMG1567.jpg

circles ill cut tomorow. the circles are drawn on the back, i just didnt feel like messing with the router tonight. i got IN the box, had a friend put the trim panel on, and i drew it from the inside with a pen, and a light hanging through the port LOL

CIMG1568.jpg

lookin good man

u might wanna presize ur pics, so they load faster

i hope he didn't i wanna see finished pics

i pmed him the other day, no response :(

put this in today, also sueded that piece of wood i closed my sunroof off with. looks like a factory sunroof door/cover now (until someone goes to try and open it lol)

also switch the gear and ebrake boots to matching suede as well. the consoles will be re-installed tonight or tomorow. next up after the box is covered, is suede seats.

btw, yes, im getting new floor mats that are black and not dark gray. prally will have some custom made.

CIMG1971.jpg

CIMG1972.jpg

CIMG1973.jpg

CIMG1974.jpg

CIMG1976.jpg

CIMG1977.jpg

CIMG1981.jpg

CIMG1985.jpg

CIMG1986.jpg

ive been slacking sorry.. lol

i had to make a new trim panel for the rear, its getting covered on thursday. reason for it being redone (it was already vinyled) was becuase i used that brown hardboard wood, with the smooth finish, and the 3M glue didnt stick well to it. well i used 1/4" sanded ply (looks like like the 3/4" birch finish) very light, cheap (11 bux for a whole 4x8 sheet) and im using good glue this time with an air gun and compressor. also thursday im picking up a brand new sundown 3000d 2008 model!!!

CIMG2072.jpg

CIMG2073.jpg

CIMG2074.jpg

CIMG2075.jpg

CIMG2076.jpg

CIMG2078.jpg

Don't use woodglue. It will never hold. Use a good quality contact cement and follow the directions.

i got the same stuff used on my headliner bought from an upholstery shop. 20 bux for a whole gallon and its great glue.

Dap landau roof adhesive? Best stuff I have used but if you got it for $20 a gallon that's a freaking ridiculous deal. :)

its Dap but its called "wellwood" i think. white wraper with like a baby blue colored writing on it. yellow glue. i love that stuff

Where the fawk did you find that for $20 a gallon. I just paid $76 and that's half the price of the other store locally that sells it :)

its Dap but its called "wellwood" i think. white wraper with like a baby blue colored writing on it. yellow glue. i love that stuff

Where the fawk did you find that for $20 a gallon. I just paid $76 and that's half the price of the other store locally that sells it :)

for 80$ i can get it in the 5 gallon. i get it at a wholesaler upholstery shop here in tampa :)

for 80$ i can get it in the 5 gallon. i get it at a wholesaler upholstery shop here in tampa :)

Damn , guess I need to move back to Tampa lol :)