pimpedout97x

mini cooper wall thread, version 2

what do you mean?

I'm talking about the area at the top of the door panels , that when you close the door is covered by the side of the dash. :)

oh i see what u mean. theres no wood there. im just going tl glass a very thin layer in that area, over the stock panel.

aight hmm have to think about that . I have an idea but don't know how to express it in words lol :)

DSCF2328.jpg

An unobtrusive kind of factory way ( if there is such a thing with that many drivers in a door lol ) would be to build in a finger pull in between two of the top mids. Your going to have to build them out some anyway , it would be pretty easy to build a little dip in between them on top :)

im thinking of doing a dip in some how on the top as well, becuase the whole panel will be "raised" out about 1.5", as you said.

i do have more room on the top of the panel, that white piece of paper in the pic above is too short, the panel has about 3-4 more inches of height than on that white paper.

i really like how this is coming out, especially since this is the first attempt at making panels. we will see how it comes out when i glass it!

DSCF2647.jpg

the lower circle, in the blue pen, is around where the stock door handle would pop out.

the blue permanent marker circle is where it WILL be.

DSCF2648.jpg

pretty damn straight and lined up, some of the tweets are off by like a 16th or less of an inch, but to the eye it all looks centered. i cant complain, becuase the top and bottom of the door panel arent perfectly perpendicular.

DSCF2651.jpg

DSCF2649.jpg

DSCF2650.jpg

While i have had words about your past builds, I like this one. Door panels is something I would like to do but alas, no tools, no shop makes it freakin impossible.

J

ive learned alot from previous things and im starting to build things correctly, even if i still choose to stuff 8 mids and 8 tweets per door LOL

i do really like the look of the panel thus far.

Holy crap, man. I don't think I could even run the speaker wires into my doors if I did that on my car. how are you going to pull that off?

really, really likin' how this is turning out

DSCF2667.jpg

DSCF2668.jpg

will deal with clearance problems as i go, as i did with everything else on this build, lol

DSCF2669.jpg

DSCF2670.jpg

DSCF2671.jpg

starting to look like something...biggest port i can do...the first 2 pics were before i finished cutting the opening (it was 5" x 26")

DSCF2672.jpg

DSCF2673.jpg

now its 5.75" x 28.25", for 162 square inches of port. with the port, the NET airspace the subs will see is around 12.5-13 cubes i believe. thats approx. could be less, could be more...

DSCF2674.jpg

not glued in yet, just wanted to see what it all looked like. not as many gaps as i thought. glassing it all soon and itll be perfect

DSCF2691.jpg

DSCF2692.jpg

DSCF2693.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

DSCF2695.jpg

Damn man thats a lot of work on your hands

Gutsy install!

Keep up the excellent work! fing05.gif

Not quite sure why you are using as many tweeters and mids...but as stated this time around the install doesn't look ghetto.