pimpedout97x

mini cooper wall thread, version 2

the top of the box, although it still needs to be trimmed up a little.

DSCF2576.jpg

trying to hold it where itll be mounted, while taking a pic at the same time

the gaps on the sides/back will be sealed with birch, at a 45 degree angle, and of course, glassed a couple layers thick.

DSCF2577.jpg

sealed the rear "sunroof". the back one doesnt open, so theres no tracks for the roof to pop off of, like the front.

only reason for sealing the back is becuase im going to screw and glue the top of the box to that, for extra support. its hard to explain, but you'll see as i progress. i got lazy and didnt feel like finishing the top piece tonight. but the back trim panel is 95% done, so ill move back to the actual box until its done, then finish the back trim panel and front trim panel.

DSCF2579.jpg

got glue?

DSCF2578.jpg

the top of the box screws and is glued permanently to the wood over the rear sunroof. it doesnt move, very solid.

DSCF2581.jpg

gluing it up!

DSC01913.jpg

put it on.. notice i covered the edge in suede and rounded the edge...ill explain why in the next pic

DSC01914.jpg

the port will only come out to about here. so i extended the top of the box, and covered it in suede to cover the rear sunroof, or else the very edge of the sunroof would have been showing, becuase the port doesnt come past the sunroof.

DSC01919.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

this is sorta how im sealing up the top piece to the rest of the box... the back was easy, the sides are sorta easy, the corners in the back i guess im gonna have to just glass.

ideas?

DSCF2582.jpg

grinding off the tips of some screws that i had screwed in from the outside of the box.

DSCF2583.jpg

DSCF2585.jpg

DSCF2587.jpg

DSCF2589.jpg

attached the 45, connecting the top and the back panels of the box. the corners will be glassed. its solid as hell (the 45 i just put on) and im happy with how it came out, especially since this whole box was built day by day, as i go, and not designed.

DSCF2590.jpg

DSCF2591.jpg

DSCF2592.jpg

glued the front baffles together. i want to put them on the box for good, but im scared to, until i get the port done.. if i put it on, then its gonna be hard to finish the port, so ill wait til the port is done.

DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2594.jpg

DSCF2596.jpg

DSCF2597.jpg

DSCF2598.jpg

Damn Son!

DSCF2597.jpg

You really know how to use a weed eater to cut circles don't you? hehe

I can't imagine you being able to effectively seal the enclosure without using fiberglass for those other pieces.

Question- why didn't you build a regular/cube-shaped/geometric box and simply make trim panels to fill the gaps around the box for asthetic purposes? would that not have given you enough cubic feet for your enclosure? It seems like doing it this way really added a lot of extra work and will make sealing the joints much more difficult.

Just went through this built tonight. I must say it is looking impressive. I was watching your first attempt and I really like how this one turning out (not that the other one was bad)!

Keep up the good work.

Edited by todd.brust

screwed down front baffle with 2 screws just to hold it in place temporarily.

DSCF2629.jpg

port baffle...dont want to cut out the port opening yet, becuase i dont know how wide its going to be. height will be 5.75" though. its most likely gonna be 5.75 x 28-30", for around 161-172.5 sq inches of port...not as much as i wanted but its absolutely all i have room for.

this is just sitting there by the way...not screwed in or anything yet...thats why theres gaps at the top, etc.

DSCF2631.jpg

DSCF2632.jpg

DSCF2633.jpg

inside

DSCF2635.jpg

DSCF2634.jpg

DSCF2636.jpg

DSCF2637.jpg

tweets2.jpg

tweets5.jpg

not using these mids, but heres one of the tweets compared to a 6.5" lol

DSCF2222.jpg

how it will be glassed. not sure if i wanna use the grilles or not

DSCF2328.jpg

PA tweets, those are gonna be sweet on the ears. :blink:

i knew you'd be fond of my tweets :)

i do have a crossover for them and im not using the caps, that should make you happy! and i have an EQ too. and theyll only get like 30w or less a piece.

i knew you'd be fond of my tweets :)

i do have a crossover for them and im not using the caps, that should make you happy! and i have an EQ too. and theyll only get like 30w or less a piece.

That's still gonna be a lot of sound coming from those tweakers. Those things are efficient as all holy hell . The 7 silk domes in each door of ndmustangs truck is freaking ungodly loud , can't imagine what that will sound like :)

lol.

i some how need to implement a door handle of some sort on this panel, to pull the door shut...ideas? would have to be at the top somewhere.

Where does the panel meet the dash ? :)