pimpedout97x

mini cooper wall thread, version 2

starting to come together!!!!

will be 2 layers thick, and a 3rd layer on the outside, which will be the flush panel/trim panel, and have a brace in the center of the 2 subs, from that point, to the floor.

DSCF2522.jpg

DSCF2523.jpg

cut out the 2nd baffle. and test fit of the basket for the 18

btw, its bent from the factory, so i gotta call up RE and see whats up...someone failed in china, LOL

the money shot!

angle = 70 degrees

DSCF2524.jpg

DSCF2525.jpg

foamed up

DSCF2526.jpg

little gaps that need filling. no big deal,

DSCF2527.jpg

had to cut it all funky looking, due to the B pillars being only about 45" wide from side to side, and the box is like 47"

trim panel will cover this

DSCF2528.jpg

DSCF2529.jpg

As much as i didnt like it at first, provided your finish work is good i think this will look pretty neat. GJ so far, you plan on glassing the inside when near completion?

been working on the back lately, i dont have much more left to do really as far as the trim panel in the rear goes. i love how its coming out.

cut out the rear trim panel, although i knew it wouldnt fit, so i had to 2 piece it to get it in the car.

DSCF2540.jpg

drivers

DSCF2543.jpg

passenger

DSCF2542.jpg

all i gotta do is make a little triangular piece to cover over this mess, and im done with the rear trim panel.

DSCF2544.jpg

im thinkin since the headliner, side panels, are suede, im thinkin of black vinyl for the trim panel i just put?? ideas here please.

raising the floor a little, this is where ill put things like excess wire, fuses, my 3 way crossover, etc etc. (under the floor)

the floor will be suede as well, thats why i think suede top bottom and sides, then the center trim panel would look good accenting it in vinyl

DSCF2541.jpg

closed the sunroof, need to cover this in suede, and it wont look bad at all.

DSCF2537.jpg

this is what looks bad, but no one will ever see it, the sunroof DOES still open though, its just pointless since its sealed off. its very stiff, ive got the 3/4", then a layer of Peel n Seal, then 1/4", then another layer of peel n seal, then the final 1/4" which you see from the inside of the car, which will get sueded.

DSCF2538.jpg

DSCF2539.jpg

For the trim panel i would either match up material and color or go with a big contrast and make a 2 tone scheme, like a bright red or white vinyl. Thats just me tho.

You could always use filler and paint it with either textured black to look like vinyl, or flat black to keep with the suade theme. Flat black always looks killer.

frame for the false floor

DSCF2546.jpg

cardboard template for the floor

DSCF2547.jpg

DSCF2548.jpg

will be traced on 1/4" birch, and cut out tomorow after work, around 4pm EST.

pics sorta make it look bad, yes theres a little gap at the top, but the flash makes it show alot more than it really does. its the best i could get it!

the drywall screws will be replaced with screws with nicer heads on them tomorow, i just put those in now to hold it so the glue will dry. i really didnt want any glue at all. and i had to have the wood 2 pieces, thats why you see that seam, again the flash shows it more than it is. once all the amps are in there, you wont really see any of the imperfections, although there isnt many.

this was the 2nd time covering the trim panel...attempt 1 failed. LOL.

DSCF2552.jpg

DSCF2553.jpg

DSCF2554.jpg

these pics do it more justice. i replaced the screws with some nicer ones, not exactly what i wanted, but theyre black, and look better than a drywall screw, so they're fine. once the amps and everything is in, it wont be as noticeable.

also got some black leather piping, like the kind you sew into the edges of a seats upholstery. gonna run that around the boarder of my trim panel, to cover the few gaps that i do have.

what you guys think?

the piping, i got 10 yards, it was only .30 cents a yard lol

DSCF2561.jpg

DSCF2555.jpg

DSCF2556.jpg

DSCF2557.jpg

DSCF2558.jpg

DSCF2559.jpg

DSCF2560.jpg

DSCF2562.jpg

DSCF2563.jpg

Looks awesome man. The screws don't look bad at all.

What are you going to cover those spots on the sides with? you should make some panels out of fiberglass or something.

And how do you plan to attach the piping? Will you pull out the panels and staple the piping along the edges?

the piping has like a 1/4" piece of flat plastic on the back of it, it tucks perfect in between the panels, im not even gonna glue it, unless it ends up falling out, which i dont think it will.

im making 2 smaller pieces of trim panel for those 2 side gaps, covering in vinyl or suede.

similar to the first wall

CIMG0925.jpg

Wow, it actually looks pretty descent. On the sunroof I would definitely do something else to offset the color. Don't know exactly what I woul do but I think that could really set your interior apart from others if you could do something good and creative

i was thinking just covering it in suede to make it look like a closed door covering the sunroof. i could do vinyl though.

Try to get something in the same material as your headliner color-matched to your interior for the sunroof. If I was able to find color-matched vinyl for my 18 year old car, I'm sure you'll be able to find somebody who sells replacement material for yours. You don't want that panel to attract attention. I can understand doing accents on seats or on the doors, but not the center of your ceiling. If your headliner isn't vinyl, don't do vinyl.

Try to get something in the same material as your headliner color-matched to your interior for the sunroof. If I was able to find color-matched vinyl for my 18 year old car, I'm sure you'll be able to find somebody who sells replacement material for yours. You don't want that panel to attract attention. I can understand doing accents on seats or on the doors, but not the center of your ceiling. If your headliner isn't vinyl, don't do vinyl.

ya, im using the same suede i covered the headliner in, to do the sunroof. i want it to blend in.

looks good man!

also love the poka dot table clothe :slayer: