pimpedout97x

mini cooper wall thread, version 2

hood scoop is coming loose and the window clicks when i put it up...something is hitting metal on metal in the door..gotta be the window motor....not good.. lol

vids later

love the amp jake!!!!!

CIMG2101.jpg

CIMG2102.jpg

CIMG2103.jpg

messy for now

CIMG2104.jpg

dont have my 18s yet so i made some temporary baffles out of extra wood for some 15s im selling, had to test out the amp so i did this.

CIMG2106.jpg

things broken/braking within the last 24 hours

hood scoop clip broke off

CIMG2111.jpg

window motor on drivers door is now clicking randomly but still goes up and down. its gonna fail soon.

th_CIMG2109.jpg

th_CIMG2112.jpg

before

CIMG2114.jpg

CIMG2115.jpg

CIMG2116.jpg

CIMG2117.jpg

oh chit

CIMG2118.jpg

will clean up the drip marks tomorow when its dry and safe to touch. chit is so messy and sticky and takes forever to get off your hands

CIMG2119.jpg

CIMG2120.jpg

CIMG2121.jpg

CIMG2122.jpg

CIMG2123.jpg

CIMG2124.jpg

thats all. we'll see how this helps that support bar from vibrating against the actual metal of the door itself. all that un supported area around the factory support bar ill through some deadening on tomorow after work.

didnt do much if anything at all. i think im just gonna have to get some braces welded in there...

CIMG2125.jpg

CIMG2126.jpg

i still gotta finish the outside of the door though where i only put a few pieces (last of the roll)

CIMG2127.jpg

CIMG2128.jpg

started with this. the trim panel isnt on in this pic yet.

CIMG2132.jpg

CIMG2133.jpg

foam ftw.

CIMG2134.jpg

CIMG2135.jpg

CIMG2136.jpg

CIMG2137.jpg

sun was out, but the best shot i could get of the underside of the box

CIMG2138.jpg

CIMG2139.jpg

CIMG2140.jpg

CIMG2142.jpg

CIMG2143.jpg

CIMG2144.jpg

pics of the trim panel installed later..my sister took the camera.

the other half of the beauty panel is cut, but i just gotta router out the hole and round it off. ill bondo the cut in the middle of

the subs before its covered in padding THEN vinyl (also will fill all screw holes)

ill do that tomorow.

i like how its coming out though.

CIMG2160.jpg

CIMG2161.jpg

CIMG2162.jpg

CIMG2163.jpg

CIMG2164.jpg

CIMG2165.jpg

CIMG2166.jpg

this wire is the only access to my trunk. the power lock mechanism broke (ok, i broke it) so i use the manual release and i

didnt have anything to extend it at the moment, so i used speaker wire, and when i permantly put the floor of this wall in, i

forgot to extend it with something other than wire. its also tied on there in a double knot. if it ever comes undone, ill be

pulling a steve meade and breaking my rear window with an 18" sub)

CIMG2167.jpg

the sub is only in my 2 screws, so yes, the gasket on the sub fits in the flush mount fine, its a tight fit but it fits.

CIMG2168.jpg

CIMG2169.jpg

CIMG2170.jpg

CIMG2171.jpg

CIMG2173.jpg

CIMG2174.jpg

CIMG2176.jpg

the box alone, fine.

with those 15" BLs and the sundown 3000d, a little noticeable difference..

when i put 18s in and 2 3000ds, 2 100.2s, 1 100.4, 2-3 batts, 16 6.5s and 16 tweeters and alot of 1/0 wire

prally wont move. LOL

just gonna keep the stock alt. im gonna get 2-3 of the biggest batts i can, and upgrade the wire from the stock alt to the batts with a few runs of 1/0.

reason for keeping stock alt:

1. very expensive to make one for my car, and its not going to be that much output anyways, just becuase of my car, they can make only like 180a ones.....for like upwards of 600$.................

2. even if i got a 300a alt, all my amps are still gonna draw more than 300a reguardless. why waste the money on one? unless they make like a 700-900a alt, theres no point. all its helping is charge the batts faster, and in reality, since the most i can get is a 180a alt on my car, its not worth 600+ dollars to gain 75amps more (stock is 105A)

so, in my mind, unless you do like steve meade and run 4 alts and it adds up to the amperage that your amps are drawing, then its not worth it IMO.

i mean sure itll help, but its not gonna make you NOT have current draw. its gonna happen, stock alt or HO alt, either way.

Edited by pimpedout97x

other side is cut out

CIMG2182.jpg

didnt feel like changing the bit on the router

CIMG2183.jpg

freebie (router table)

CIMG2187.jpg

$25 for this

CIMG2184.jpg

absolute worst piece of birch ive ever bought. same type and everything, wasent like this when i bought it, and it didnt get wet, but i guess just sitting in the garage (although the others didnt do this) it got messed up. oh well i still used it. just had alot of voids in it, but its just for a trim panel anyways.

CIMG2193.jpg

CIMG2194.jpg

horrible

CIMG2195.jpg

CIMG2200.jpg

this i know

i have one of those like 30lb buckets and no lie, it seems to never get any lighter...ill use the screws day by day by DAY, and the bucket is still at where it was when i started (or so it seems)

since i cant decide how i want the amp rack, i started working a little on the door panels. they arent going to be hard at all to make, since its just a flat panel, not 16 individual rings (i wanted a flat panel)

CIMG2282.jpg

cut the hole for the door handle.

lol @ me in the relfection

CIMG2283.jpg

CIMG2284.jpg

CIMG2285.jpg

cut out the passenger one

CIMG2286.jpg

oh chit...

CIMG2287.jpg

CIMG2288.jpg

CIMG2289.jpg