ronrico418

Daytona SBNs lil jons 18 15" CHAOS

Hey guys I am at the Daytona SBN right now. It is Saturday night. My head has been rocked today by lil jons 18 15" AA Chaos in a sealed clamshell with 2 partial dividers and 9 Clarion 1500 rms amps.

lil jon said he's getting about 800rms per and his installer big mikey says each sub has 2.5 cubes. Chris a builder at Fi/AA explained to me that the AA lineup is thir retailer line (avail to dealers) and that each sub is exactly comparable to the Fi lineup.

The Chaos that lil jon are running are in fact an SSD w/ the copper coil options. The rest of the lineup is in AA is the Fi equiivalent with all options. SO the Mayhem is a BTL fully loaded triple mag with daily option. If you want to order options specific woofers than you must order the Fi lineup. If you order an AA subwoofer (Havoc) you are getting a Fi Q w/ all the options. Pretty cool actually cuz now the AA is the flagship cadillac optioned Fi sub w/ all options. Again if you wanted to not have cooling on a sub than you would order a Fi version.

Or if you just like the Fi logo better obviously get the Fi's

The only big difference right now besides the logo is the newly introduced Havoc (Q loaded) has the appearance of a W7 "concaved with no outtie dust cover" and the Q still has the reg shaped cone and dust cover.

Loading vids slowly I'll try to get them up later tonight. Must go have drink now--Peace

BTW Sound is amazing. Plays all the notes,Let me say that again ALL THE NOTES and is the best thing I've personally witnessed in 14 years. Chaos I mean SSD,s I mean Chaos are the chit. I am truly impressed with the BTL as far as impressing people but I would think I would only suggest that to a customer who can only fit one sub or two subs and have the power to run them. The BTL certainly Bangs hard but the SSDs just sound way more natural and smoother. The BTL has way better SQ than it's comparable SPL type of competitors and doesn't have the aweful "motor" sound that so many SPL specific woofers have. But the SSD seems to be a much better sounding subs and if you need more than 4 will definately get the job done right and cost a lot less while doing it. I mean Chaos hehe.

r u talkin about "THE Lil Jon" or someone else that goes by that name?

r u talkin about "THE Lil Jon" or someone else that goes by that name?

:D Someone else....

Okay let's try it again

BTW I remembered all you guys and have lots o vids for u's from SBN !!!

learned lots bout fi/AA dis weekend. Scott reallly is the man and Paul(who builds every woofer) is an honarable dude to have at your side. I am friends w/ Shawn Fleming but Chris from Fi had me understanding all the changes in bout' 45 seconds. Ya'll might not believe wats goin on round there.

also new topic soon!!

Joe Rod

th_MVI_0169.jpg

Many people couldn't stick their head to far inside. I am an old basser from way back. me a lil jon caught a bunch of cool vids and was a blast at the show (inside even)

Very last time I listened there was one note that was really hurting EVEN ME!! Kudos to lil jon and his installer Big Mike!!

Learned alot this weekend Joe ROD

Lil Jon's van was def one of the highlights of SBN, who cares about the king of bass when u got dudes like lil jon and pipo reppin AA so hard, somehow i forgot to take pics of pipo's AA havoc setup (last thing i was thinkin about when i saw that chit) but heres a few of lil jon's van, not very good ones but will give u an idea... hopefully joe rod has some of pipo's truck, it was def my favorite.

P1010006.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Jon's van was definitely siiiiick...every time I see him it gets better and better. It was good meeting you Joe...hoped you liked the demo..and if you get a chance send me some of the pics and vids you all took...I forgot my camera at home and took none myself.

dude normally im not a fan of btl's at all but i really liked ur truck man it was sick, havent seen very many installs like that one. kudos

i would love to chill wit you guys one day man so i can learn more im in cincinnati and these guys down here dont have a clue man

Price on the Chaos line?

no idea, they havent been released to the public yet im pretty sure lil jon is the only dude runnin them, they are a lot like an ssd, they have like 800 watts rms, so im goin to guess they will be somewhere in the 200-300 dollar range.

dude normally im not a fan of btl's at all but i really liked ur truck man it was sick, havent seen very many installs like that one. kudos

Thanks man...I've been completely impressed with it myself...it keeps getting better and better the more I work on it.

Q and Havoc are far from the same driver..

Chaos and SSD seems to be similar as so does the Mayhem and the BTL...

:eek5wavey:

Huh? Who told you that?

Price on the Chaos line?

Probably the price of an SSD plus copper coil since thats what it is.

Huh? Who told you that?

T/S parameters...

I don't need anyone to tell me that...

T/S parameters tell alot about a driver...

According to BladeIce.com, the Chaos uses a 3" 4 layer aluminum voice coil. Might have changed since that was originally put up.

Thanks man...I've been completely impressed with it myself...it keeps getting better and better the more I work on it.

hell ya man keep it up.