Tacosys

ATTN: Jacob :D

7000 or 5000 watts ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What size amp?

• 7000 watts
    • 5000 watts

5 to 5, seems like its pretty even.

*edit 6 to 5, yes the 7kw is in the lead. :)

Edited by SundownAudioNY

subscribed

As always, there are a good number of people who say they want it, but will they actually have the money when it comes time to step up? I hope most will.

I vote not DOA only for warranty, and discount for replacement. Too many unskilled (not saying people in this thread, just in general) or not well versed enough in high power installs for a bunch of these not to go *poof*. Also, in following the SAZ-3000D trend, of most going over seas then here in the USA, I wonder how many, out side of Team Sundown will actually sell here in the USA. I think it is a wild idea, and could be the metaphorical A8 or Z06 of the Sundown line up, where it shows Sundown can do it, but not all can handle or need that much power, so they get the A4 or Malibu.

I would vote for the 7KW because it might be cheaper dollar per watt. But as Meca has no amp limitations I would have no need for one.

How ever an efficient 5000 watt amp would be great. :eek5wavey:

Edited by rickyharrisjr

i voted 5k cuz it will be a little more practical for a daily application more than a 7k. yes the competitors want the larger amps but not everyones subs can take 7kw haha. same with 5k. but for people like me im gonna be runnin 2 3000ds per sub so a 7k would be more practical but id be happy with 5k's.

i voted 5k cuz it will be a little more practical for a daily application more than a 7k. yes the competitors want the larger amps but not everyones subs can take 7kw haha. same with 5k. but for people like me im gonna be runnin 2 3000ds per sub so a 7k would be more practical but id be happy with 5k's.

Needless to say that if Jacob rates it at 5000 watts it would probably be capable of doing 7K.

Okay, my estimate was about right on the 7k amp.

Roughly $2499 MSRP price tag.

Pre-Sale pricing would weigh in around 1600 (exact number pending) or so each for the 7k making it cheaper per watt than the 3000 or 1500 for those that pre-order. This amp would be producing anywhere from 9 - 10k on a strong 16-18 volt bank.

Team members would need to contact me about their pricing.

---

As for the warranty on the 7k. This would be it:

1) Fully tested before shipment to not be DOA.

2) No guarantee beyond that if ran under 1 ohm, period.

3) 90-day regular warranty.

4) 1-year discounted replacement warranty.

---

Quite an expensive unit here - how many would still be interested?

---------

The 5k would weigh in around 1250 on the pre-sale.

Being a slightly more "rational" amplifier I would be comfortably offering a 6 month warranty on it and 2-years discounted replacement.

---------

Why the short warranty? If the amp works for 3-6 months it's pretty well not a manufacturing problem - it comes down to abuse or mis-use. I have been VERY reluctant to offer a larger amp than the 3000D for the simple fact that almost nobody can supply the needed current to properly run such an amp. These are the terms necessary for me to do so - if there is interest, I'll do it. If there is not, I won't.

I say dont waste your time and money on an amp that very few people will buy. I think it will start the same problem you had when offering the 1/2 ohm warrenty coverage. the email that reads Ive got a 1989 civic 60 amp alt can I run it at 1/2 ohm

I say dont waste your time and money on an amp that very few people will buy. I think it will start the same problem you had when offering the 1/2 ohm warrenty coverage. the email that reads Ive got a 1989 civic 60 amp alt can I run it at 1/2 ohm

Only reason I am considering it is that I've had a constant flow of PMs and e-mails about making a bigger amp... I told them I didn't really want to make one larger than the 3000D at this time, but upon insistence about it I posted this offer up. If enough people get together to make it happen, it will. If they dont, then it wont :)

I'd be interested in 2 of either size.

i see these selling to meca competitors like hot cakes since there is no battery limit (except for AS classes)...

Looks to be pretty well dead even here... the 5k is a more affordable model and something I would be more comfortable keeping in stock. My vote sits with the 5k.

My section over at Steve Meade's forum is also 16 votes 5k to 5 votes 7k...

So, it looks as if the 5k is more likely so far.

I voted for the 7000D just because iy sounds cooler. I still think Jacob should do a 10,000D or a 15,000D or even a 20,000D :)

*laughs*

Not interested in that market anywhere in the near future. Too much power in one case, IMO... better off spreading it out.

*laughs*

Not interested in that market anywhere in the near future. Too much power in one case, IMO... better off spreading it out.

Yea, I was definitely joking there, I know you could do it, but how many would realistically be sold, 1 or 2 a year? I mean, from what I herd Steve Meade was one of the few to ever buy the amps15,000 watt RF amps.

i see these selling to meca competitors like hot cakes since there is no battery limit (except for AS classes)...

Yeah but MECA has a little fuse rule that would probably keep some people from buying. But I could see a 5000D selling pretty good. Not to far over the edge yet affordable.

Edited by rickyharrisjr

As a definite street competitor, and some one who do not use sundown in competition, but would love to, but sells his amps, and own two SAZ3000D's for my street beat car, I think a 5k would do the trick. I would definitely be in on it. I also think my boy who has the F150 or as he likes to call it, the Fi150, would be interested. And I usually dont call people out on these forum but, some of you cheap mofos are on other forums want to ONLY pay 200 for a 3000 watt amp. So, for those mofos, and you know who you are, this topic is not for you. I've met Jake and he saw what me and my crew is capable of doing. So he knows I am not bullchitting. I've introduced alot of people to sundown, Such as Big Jon, Whats up buddy!!!!?? :D I have put alot of testing info on this forum, given info on this forum, gave recommendations on this forum. I only come on this forum when it is truly necessary and I dont waste anyones time. So I am sure Jake understand that I am writing this for his best interest. If you are not serious get the f@ck of the topic. Such as Mjf. If you are the same some one that did not want to pay 300 for a 3000 watt amp on caraudio forum, :stfu2: !!!! If you arent then.....my bad!! My teammate and I finally met Jake face to face in FLorida. Jake has a very good personality and he has the best customer service I have ever known. I love your amps, but you know I need a larger amp for street b. But one or two people I recognize from other forums are wasting your time! I just named one definitely. Now Mjf call the MODERATOR Jntar about this b@tch!!! And if this is the person this will prove how cheap he is, look for this thread on caraudio forum. (2k-3k+@1or2 have $275).

Edited by sundownz
Cleaned up a bit, but I do see that thread.

As a definite street competitor, and some one who do not use sundown in competition, but would love to, but sells his amps, and own two SAZ3000D's for my street beat car, I think a 5k would do the trick. I would definitely be in on it. I also think my boy who has the F150 or as he likes to call it, the Fi150, would be interested. And I usually dont call people out on these forum but, some of you cheap mofos are on other forums want to ONLY pay 200 for a 3000 watt amp. So, for those mofos, and you know who you are, this topic is not for you. I've met Jake and he saw what me and my crew is capable of doing. So he knows I am not bullchitting. I've introduced alot of people to sundown, Such as Big Jon, Whats up buddy!!!!?? :D I have put alot of testing info on this forum, given info on this forum, gave recommendations on this forum. I only come on this forum when it is truly necessary and I dont waste anyones time. So I am sure Jake understand that I am writing this for his best interest. If you are not serious get the f@ck of the topic. Such as Mjf. If you are the same some one that did not want to pay 300 for a 3000 watt amp on caraudio forum, :stfu2: !!!! If you arent then.....my bad!! My teammate and I finally met Jake face to face in FLorida. Jake has a very good personality and he has the best customer service I have ever known. I love your amps, but you know I need a larger amp for street b. But one or two people I recognize from other forums are wasting your time! I just named one definitely. Now Mjf call the MODERATOR Jntar about this b@tch!!! And if this is the person this will prove how cheap he is, look for this thread on caraudio forum. (2k-3k+@1or2 have $275).

RAY!!!! whats going down partner!, your right.. i never see you on here.. so i know when you do post its about some REAL chit...... i wanna thank you again for pointing me to SSA... and SUNDOWN... i have yet to look back... as a matter of fact i just bought another amps from jacob... he is truly tha man!....

ray.. i see your making it to fla... why not texas!.

Edited by sundownz
Same as above in the quotes.

hello. this is my first post here but jacob is very familar with me as are alot of other people.

a concern of mine is will team members be able to sell the amplifiers (3000Ds) to cash in on the 5k or 7k. my vote went to 7k cause thats cooler. but 5k is more likely in alot of peoples budget.

I voted 7K but i would enjoy wither one he makes it would just save me a TON of room in my scion tC regardless...

I chose the 7K since i want to run 2 3KDs in my car....

*back to the secret project for Jake i go*

Edited by theabunai

wow 7k..i was just wondering on average about how many watts do members of team sundown run in competitions?

Dave only needs 500W or so ;)

wow 7k..i was just wondering on average about how many watts do members of team sundown run in competitions?

Dave only needs 500W or so ;)

I know that Jim really wants a 7k for his SQ sub setup, we are on to you Jim!