sick6ness

Future Amplifiers

It's taken me a LONG time to come up with an SAE amp that really hits the price to performance that I want (been working on the SAE-1200D for almost a year). IMO, this SAE-1200D is exactly what I was looking for :) The other amps to follow in this line will also be great values.

SAE-1200D Teaser Renderings:

SAE_1200D_Controls_SML.jpg

SAE_1200D_Power_SML.jpg

Added 5mm cooling fins under the face of the amp, similar to the SAX / SAZ heatsink (10mm for these).

What program do you use to model?

Is that PRO/E?

The amp looks great. I love my 1000D, can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Added 5mm cooling fins under the face of the amp, similar to the SAX / SAZ heatsink (10mm for these).

What program do you use to model?

Is that PRO/E?

The amp looks great. I love my 1000D, can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Build house did the rendering based on my current heatsink and my sketch of changes to be made :) Not sure what they use, exactly.

They look great! My only opinion is to have even length heasink fins on the sides.

I'd love the idea of making a 4 channel amp, 150x2 on ch 1/2 and 75x2 on ch 3/4. That's a pretty flexible amp that can be used in an active 2 way or front/rear fill setup.

But I think the Sundown line is begging for a 50x4 amp which is a hole in the Sundown line. Right now, its 100 watts per channel and up.

I'm glad to see the strapping feature on the SAE lines eliminated.

I'd love the idea of making a 4 channel amp, 150x2 on ch 1/2 and 75x2 on ch 3/4. That's a pretty flexible amp that can be used in an active 2 way or front/rear fill setup.

But I think the Sundown line is begging for a 50x4 amp which is a hole in the Sundown line. Right now, its 100 watts per channel and up.

thats what the gain is for

SAE_1200D_Controls_SML.jpg

SAE_1200D_Power_SML.jpg

Looks nice .

Those definitely look nice, the only thing I am not a fan of is losing the ability to strap them. I mean, for 2 Mags 2 SAE-800Ds strapped would be ideal as you could run them at 2 ohms. If you were to go with a SAZ-2000D you would have to run at .5 ohms where you are getting more power than you want nd not under warranty, or at 2 ohms where you aren't getting the power you want. I know you probably have the amps finalized, but I beg you to keep them strappable.

Those definitely look nice, the only thing I am not a fan of is losing the ability to strap them. I mean, for 2 Mags 2 SAE-800Ds strapped would be ideal as you could run them at 2 ohms. If you were to go with a SAZ-2000D you would have to run at .5 ohms where you are getting more power than you want nd not under warranty, or at 2 ohms where you aren't getting the power you want. I know you probably have the amps finalized, but I beg you to keep them strappable.

All you have to do is gain match two of the 800Ds - just another few minutes of work :)

The only usage most people get out of strapping is to put a bunch of power to a single coil for SPL. I have very few customers strapping SAE amps, most just get a single 1000D and run two D4 woofers on it and thats it.

thats what the gain is for

Right now, I'm using a 100.4 for a 2 way front stage. It would be nicer to have a little more power for the mid so I can lower my sub/mid crossover point some more. I'm going to be competing in SQ. My midbass needs some power so my sub doesn't pull the stage to the rear.

Not that the 100.4 is inadequately powered, in fact I'm quite happy with it. But a little more power never hurt anyone. More gain doesn't = 50 more watts to the mid.

Edited by bigjae1976

Looks nice .

We have been testing it pretty hard for over a month :) Pretty anxious to get them out.

Looks nice .

We have been testing it pretty hard for over a month :) Pretty anxious to get them out.

Will the production 1200d have 1/0 power inputs?

i dont care about any other amp other than the 250.2 =] thats what im eyeing

I'm interested in that one.

Looks nice .

Will the production 1200d have 1/0 power inputs?

Yes. This amp has 1/0 terminals.

I doubt that amp will be out for a wile if it was me Id save it for late this year if not next year Im not really sure that its an amp that very many need or will want

I doubt that amp will be out for a wile if it was me Id save it for late this year if not next year Im not really sure that its an amp that very many need or will want

Indeed... as much as I personally like the 250.2 the reality is it's a VERY niche amp. I will be making it, but other things must take priority right now.

Any guestimate of when the sae-800d might be coming out? I have been really tempted to buy an Icon/sae-1000d combo from the shop but if the 800D is going to be cheaper I might just wait. I'm still enjoying the pair of SD-1's that I bought from you but the Icon just looks so tempting.

Any guestimate of when the sae-800d might be coming out? I have been really tempted to buy an Icon/sae-1000d combo from the shop but if the 800D is going to be cheaper I might just wait. I'm still enjoying the pair of SD-1's that I bought from you but the Icon just looks so tempting.

Don't hold up your install on it - this will be a new model that needs to be developed. The existing 1000D has a good bit of time left on the market.

I began production on the SAE-1200D today :)

Will this be out before saz2000d?