oldschool4life

What's the name of the company/guy who made those transmission box

George Bush?

Powered4Sound???

This was my first thought. Their dual CMP8 design looked interesting.

Not at the prices they're asking...

lol only got some designs a while back but i love them... how much are they asking for a box?

I don't remember off the top of my head, but with all the great modeling tools that have been developed for TL's, it's absurd to keep things as "secret" designs.

Are there even programs that can model the response inside a particular vehicle ?

In my opinion it's impossible to reach the level where the software will be able to accurately simulate in-car respones. Too many variables.

what modeling programs can show you the response of a transmission line inside a particular vehicle??

To my knowledge software doesn't exist for modeling inside a vehicle. For modeling transmission lines and such, you need martin J kings mathcad worksheets.

TakeCashAndBail?

I was trying to think of them and that went completely over my head. :D For others that may have missed it also TCAB.

Powered4Sound???

you mean this one http://www.nolteaudio.com/catalog/product_...3g8nsij3t658kc3

I was interested in some of the claims and hype, but I more of the kind of person that likes to try and design and build myself. I was looking for a snailshell design for a while ago but gave up.

TakeCashAndBail?

I was trying to think of them and that went completely over my head. :D For others that may have missed it also TCAB.

Powered4Sound???

you mean this one http://www.nolteaudio.com/catalog/product_...3g8nsij3t658kc3

I was interested in some of the claims and hype, but I more of the kind of person that likes to try and design and build myself. I was looking for a snailshell design for a while ago but gave up.

So was I. I think about 18 months ago I was on the search to learn how to properly design a SN or TL. Just did not get far enough into it.

Are there even programs that can model the response inside a particular vehicle ?

In my opinion it's impossible to reach the level where the software will be able to accurately simulate in-car response. Too many variables.

well from what I've learned from Pete he has came up with his own spread sheets by trial and error...what he knows is way over my head...He's shown some pictures of a few and I have no idea what they mean lol.

Well I see it like this...50 bucks isn't much really for a nice design. I mean if you want a particular response and bandwith...paying 50 bucks and building it once and hearing what you wanted is better than building multiple enclosures just to get the response and output you want.

Some of you more experienced guys may poo-poo the service that Pete provides, but I for one am a very satisfied customer. He took my requirements and specifications and delivered a custom design specifically for my equipment and vehicle. He was prompt, courteous, and obviously knows his subject matter quite well. I consider it money well spent.

P.S. The box rocked my socks. ;)

In my opinion it's impossible to reach the level where the software will be able to accurately simulate in-car response. Too many variables.

well from what I've learned from Pete he has came up with his own spread sheets by trial and error...what he knows is way over my head...He's shown some pictures of a few and I have no idea what they mean lol.

Well I see it like this...50 bucks isn't much really for a nice design. I mean if you want a particular response and bandwith...paying 50 bucks and building it once and hearing what you wanted is better than building multiple enclosures just to get the response and output you want.

correct. Im not in anyway involved but 2 guys at the shop are always trying t line stuff and i think 1 of 4or 5 designs they did ever worked. So assuming a sheet of wood per box (also a few got carpeted and one even bedlined) it adds up a bit more then buying a design.... it really depends on the person thou because even a poorly built box isnt worth completely nothing. Knowledge doesnt come off a tree

how many times can a man reinvent the wheel?

As long as there is money to be made, the current wheel design sucks.