KickinAudio

Any beer snobs here?

i like a good oatmeal stout, even a blonde ale ever now and then, but the ales tend to be a bit sweet to me.

it's getting mainstreme, but sam adams boston lager is a good beer. and i won't hardly drink bud, bud light or anything like that now.

oh, i did get a $.25 miller light last tuesday, lol. out of the soda machine at work. they are under the "out of order" button, lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

oh, i did get a $.25 miller light last tuesday, lol. out of the soda machine at work. they are under the "out of order" button, lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Nice. :drink40:

lol, yeah...

i'll try and get another one sometime this week, and get in on camera. hopefully the boss men didn't take them all out, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Geez, JazzScreamer, that is a lot of traveling and world beer! I'm guessing your job requires you to travel?

NeonRider - Let us know how that Paddock turns out

I went to the Extreme Beer Fest in February in Boston, that was great times.

Geez, JazzScreamer, that is a lot of traveling and world beer! I'm guessing your job requires you to travel?

I've got lots more pics, just don't want to clutter the page. I was a musician :band: for a popular cruise line a few years back. This took me to over 40 countries. What a great life experience.

To get to know a culture is to eat and drink what they do.

I live in Pensacola so I spend a lot of time at McGuirres drinking their stuff....love their Rasberry stout, mmmm.

Not much of a stout person...

I lived in P'cola until I turned 18 and joined the Air Force. Went back a few years later to go through pilot training with the Navy. My folks still live there. Planning to go home for the first time in almost four years at the end of the summer when I get back from Afghanistan. McGuire's is on the short list of places I'll have to go while I'm there.

Tonight's desert..

I found some more Bell's Special Double Cream Stout... if you're a stout lover you've got to pick this up!! This is a seasonal that is brewed November through March. I've got to stock up for the summer..

dscn5520jv4.jpg

While you are at it, get some of the other Bell's as well. That is my favorite macro sized microbrewery.

I'll have to look for more beers...............My issue is my taste buds have not quite matured enough to enjoy beer such as Guiness and the like.

J

I cant do domestics after 3 freshman years. I love Guiness and the good Aussie beers like Caffreys, Boddingtons, and anything Boulevard or Sierra Nevada. Local Micros FTW.

I picked up some Bell's Expedition Stout, Two Hearted Ale, Java Stout, and the Third Coast Ale.

I also got my Montana beer in the mail today from a trade..

dscn5523jb3.jpg

Can't see the pic, what Montana beer? Do tell!

Can't see the pic, what Montana beer? Do tell!

Big Sky - Moose Drool, and their IPA. The person trading also made me a mixer 6 pack of other Montana beers. Two brews from a Bayern.

I'm currently drinking the Bell's Two Hearted Ale. This is a great IPA. It's not to hoppy, and it balanced very well. It has some great hidden spice that very well covers the 7%.

Moose Drool is my personal favorite. Top rated all time by Draft magazine for what that's worth.

Over the weekend I tried Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout. This was an excellent stout, now one of my favorites in the stout category. Pick one up if you haven't, the bottle has gold foil wrapped around the top.

HUUUUGE beer snob here... Always have been... HATE the taste of most, "keg, or party" beer... aka. domestic's. Im a big fan of specialty beers, and private company beers.

Spotted cow, HUGE Heffeweizen fan, just getting into some stouts, Don-De-Du, Heff. Summit ale, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter (just had it last night... different, but good) Belgian ale's and wheat ales are #1 on my list... and I also love newcastle.

People who drink liquor... I just don't think they ever touched the surface of what's really out there... Most of them are probably used to crappy keg beer that they drank at college and high school

My friend works at the specialty Dept. at Whole foods...he's the beer buyer there so that gives me a lot of perks, and he just got a home brew kit, so we'll see what happens with that.

damn i wish i hadn't seen this thread again, now i think it's time to go buy some good beer even though i have a 12-pack of land shark chillin for tonight.

No boozin here for a bit

I'll have to look for more beers...............My issue is my taste buds have not quite matured enough to enjoy beer such as Guiness and the like.

J

my taste buds apparently haven't matured enough to like beer at all. I guess I'm the anti beer snob.

Not a real "beer snob", but anyone into beer? I'm talking people who actually stay away from Bud and Corona etc.

Anywho.. I'm into Trappist Ales/Belgin's.. porters, stouts, ambers...

I actually started doing beer trading, I'm all into it now.

What about you?

Respect Beer!

I highly suggest Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA.

If you can get a hold of their 120 minute IPA, you will never forget it!

I picked up some Bell's Expedition Stout, Two Hearted Ale, Java Stout, and the Third Coast Ale.

I also got my Montana beer in the mail today from a trade..

dscn5523jb3.jpg

Love Moosw Drool!!

I highly suggest Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA.

If you can get a hold of their 120 minute IPA, you will never forget it!

I'm not a hophead. However, I've had the 90 and it is good stuff. I also have (3) 120's here. I haven't even had one yet though, I use them for trading. I'll try one this weekend though. 20% ABV!

Today I picked up

Lagunitas Lucky 13 Mondo Large Red Ale (heard this is great stuff)

DFH AprilHop

DFH Immort Ale

DFH World Wide Stout (great score here!)

damn i wish i hadn't seen this thread again, now i think it's time to go buy some good beer even though i have a 12-pack of land shark chillin for tonight.

dump it out.

<--snob