shizzzon

Gas Prices, again...

Well, here in Louisville, Ky, the news has just shown that parts of our downtown area has just hit $4.19 87 Octane and Diesel at $4.69.

Now is the time for me to start doing some math and alternative transportation methods to try and save money.

Here it is.

$4.91 for 87

$5.12 for Diesel

$5.27 for 92

Good thing our dollar is at par with the US$ now compared to ~$0.60 in 2002, or we'd be in the $7-8 range.

Ask Adrian what fuel prices are there.

Time for Americans to use more appropriate vehicles for their use...

I feel ya. Just bought a 4 banger to help on mileage, and it looks like it is going to pay for itself faster and faster everyday

i dont understand... we invade the coutry that holds tha oil.... and now our oil prices are higher then ever..... we should be having oil fights the the streets we should be driving muscle cars and havin oil fights.!

i know alot of you wont agree... and im not sayin that we should be, im just sayin that we invade the place that holds the key yet we pay the highest price yet

i dont understand... we invade the coutry that holds tha oil.... and now our oil prices are higher then ever..... we should be having oil fights the the streets we should be driving muscle cars and havin oil fights.!

i know alot of you wont agree... and im not sayin that we should be, im just sayin that we invade the place that holds the key yet we pay the highest price yet

Typical.

It is because your economy is stinking the big one right now & developing economic superpowers like China & India are competing with the US for oil reserves.

And you pay the LOWEST prices for gasoline in the industrialized world.

$6.5 / gal for 95.

Diesel is a bit over.

It's been the same level for ~3 weeks.

i changed my ways. got rid of a truck for a mini cooper, 16mpg for 30. got rid of the trailblazer for a truck that has active fuel management and can use e85. 17mpg for 19 this last tank full of regular gas. i'm trying my first tank of e85 now.

oh, and the scoot gets 39mpg.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

here its i saw $3.79 for 87

I'm hoping to sell my truck soon though, and go along with a 6'er, or a bike....all depends.

Everyone bitches about it, but nobody takes any action. I think we could all learn a lot from V.

Was $4.19 here, back down to the $4.01-$4.15 range now, but that still sucks when you drive a 4.3L V6.

i dont understand... we invade the coutry that holds THE oil.... and now our oil prices are higher then ever..... we should be having oil fights the the streets we should be driving muscle cars and havin oil fights.!

You sir are a grade A moron. Iraq does not have all that much oil, Saudi Arabia and Dubai have a lot more. Also, that has 0% to do with it, it is the extremely weak US dollar and our stagnant/recessive economy combined with China's and India's skyrocketing demand.

but alot of people dont understand im in the line of work that takes fuel.. in a big way.. i use diesel fuel and in a big way, i have 14 diesel trucks that run 7 days a week, the type of work that i do is not an option for the world to run the way it does,

yet the price of fuel makes it very hard for the company to stay running, the men that work for me to stay working and for them to keep food in there kidds mouths, all while state regulations keep my prices at a stand still

im STUCK charging the same now that fuel is 5 bucks a gall as it was when fuel was 2 bucks a gall......

its not an option its wrong.

You sir are a grade A moron. Iraq does not have all that much oil, Saudi Arabia and Dubai have a lot more. Also, that has 0% to do with it, it is the extremely weak US dollar and our stagnant/recessive economy combined with China's and India's skyrocketing demand.

it was a light joke, filled with topical points , but i see you would like to get personal.

gas is about 1.40$ a litre here in canada, dont ask me how much that is per gallon. all you need to know is that it's a lot of money and i refuse to go hybrid.

ps: i wonder if someone with a hybrid would be able to hook up a big ass sound system to their battery recharging system without upgrading their electrical...thats pretty sick if you could...

who's to say that all electric cars run off of 12v?

A few yrs ago, there was a document that came from Europe that stated by 2009, they wanted to start introducing cars that ran off of 48v but i havent heard about this since the first time i read about it which was a few yrs ago.

I don't know what pisses me off more:

The greedy oil industry; or when you discuss this issue with someone and they make up excuses in support on the high prices.

Who cares if it's Exxon or Opec or Wall Street; the consumer is getting ripped off.

:mad:

has anyone heard of the guy in Selma, IN that is pumpin oil directly out of his backyard?

It was on the news today.

The greedy oil industry; or when you discuss this issue with someone and they make up excuses in support on the high prices.

Who cares if it's Exxon or Opec or Wall Street; the consumer is getting ripped off.

They aren't excuses, they are cold hard facts, nd you better get used to them. Gas prices are only going to go up from here, China and India increase their demnd everyday as do we, yet the production remains flat, its pure common sense. What do you think the oil companies should give us the gas at cost and make no profit? There are hundreds of thousands of people tht work for them, most making the same as you or me, that need to feed their families and buy gas, if they decreased gas prices they would starve. Also, as sad as it is, their profits are not out of line for the size of their companies, comparably they make about the same profit as any company their size.

Its a cold hrd fct, our oil supply is limited and on the downward slope, we have at best 70 years of it left, with most saying in the 40-50 year range. Oil is harder and harder to find and is becoming trickier to extract. It is people like you who seem to think that there is an unlimited supply of cheap easily accessible oil that are causing this country to be so far behind on new technologies whether they be electric or hydrogen fuel cell, you can't get it through your thick heads that the oil will dry up, and damn quickly. $4.00/gal is going to seem downright cheap in future years.

payin 3.64 a gallon as of today.............I love how my car gets about 33 mpg and costs about 38 to fill from E.

While I'd like more horsepower, i'll gladly take a less powerful car for better mpg.

J

Just paid $4.25 a gallon for 93 octane to fill up my GTI.

Thats cheap compared to here. its in the $4.30+ range. Heck, in the UP it was that much for regular 87 last week.

selma texas?

They aren't excuses, they are cold hard facts, nd you better get used to them. Gas prices are only going to go up from here, China and India increase their demnd everyday as do we, yet the production remains flat, its pure common sense. What do you think the oil companies should give us the gas at cost and make no profit? There are hundreds of thousands of people tht work for them, most making the same as you or me, that need to feed their families and buy gas, if they decreased gas prices they would starve. Also, as sad as it is, their profits are not out of line for the size of their companies, comparably they make about the same profit as any company their size.

Its a cold hrd fct, our oil supply is limited and on the downward slope, we have at best 70 years of it left, with most saying in the 40-50 year range. Oil is harder and harder to find and is becoming trickier to extract. It is people like you who seem to think that there is an unlimited supply of cheap easily accessible oil that are causing this country to be so far behind on new technologies whether they be electric or hydrogen fuel cell, you can't get it through your thick heads that the oil will dry up, and damn quickly. $4.00/gal is going to seem downright cheap in future years.

Two words: RECORD PROFITS...

I don't care how small the percent is; it's still BILLIONS per quarter. People who barely get by as it is are going deeper in debt in order to go to work. Driving off without paying incidents (and other forms of stealing gas) are going up.

We know that there is only so much oil to be acquired; but, we rely on oil so bad in this day-n-age that we can't live without it. People have to live 2 hours away in order to work in in D.C. to get that underpayed career.

Move closer???

Can't afford to live closer (housing market - another screwed-up industry)

Get a better career???

Grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence; all the jobs are in major cities (job market - another screwed-up industry).

Get a better vehicle???

Pawning off your old car in order to buy a Hybrid is costly in more ways than one (automotive industry - another screwed-up industry)

Yes, Wall Street is playing with the price; but, I don't see Exxon giving us a break.

I'm honestly sick of this topic. 100% there are other types of fuel and other ways to get around. Bigjon I understand your issue as it affects your margins as a buisness owner, but the average "working man" should not be all that affected. I get 13 mpg in my expedition, so I drive something else if I am comuting.

With inflation we are about the same price as it was in the 80's when gas was ZOMGWTF!!111! high then too. We don't pump all the oil we could. I don't know the real reasons, and that pisses me off, but the price isn't making me mad. I'm just a bit more conscious

Nothing leaves as small of a "carbon footprint" (which I think is skewed BS too but that's a different rant) as oil. Almost 100% of oil is used when refined and the biproducts themselves are used too, and the left overs from those biproducts are also usefull. The USD is not worth very much at the moment, that is hurting us a heck of alot more than any short term, what I pay at the pump issues.

Through the 90's the price stayed so flat, it was bound to catch up to us.

Two words: RECORD PROFITS...

amen and enough said about those companies. It's their right to make the profit though..... so what ever.